F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eurocharged Black Friday Sale- Pulley and tune only $699!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by ldmack3
If it continues I'll take it back to the dealer. I inquired before and they said to let it get some miles on it. Not sure about that but I'll give them the chance to be right.
Hmmm again . . . I'd also be concerned about taking it to the dealer for an engine concern with aftermarket ECU programming. Are you saying the hesitation issue was there before the tune? Perhaps they won't check, but for something like that, they'd likely go into the ECU programming and perhaps even re-flash it.

I really hope you don't end up with a warranty denial. Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
ldmack3 (12-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Hmmm again . . . I'd also be concerned about taking it to the dealer for an engine concern with aftermarket ECU programming. Are you saying the hesitation issue was there before the tune? Perhaps they won't check, but for something like that, they'd likely go into the ECU programming and perhaps even re-flash it.

I really hope you don't end up with a warranty denial. Good luck!
Jerry has worked on my ML63 and did custom tune on my CLS55, and here's what I've learned, the ML63 since it's NA, there isn't much power to be gained, however, my transmission went from sluggish to my car feeling damn near electric, I don't know what Jerry did, but it's feels incredible, and this is NOT a custom tune, I LOVE MY ML63 so much after I installed EC's V5 tune, no complaints, but again, NA engines are "safer to tune".

On the CLS55, he did it remotely, we got 508whp and 566wtq at 4000ft altitude and over 100*F (we're losing well over 100hp being so high above the sea level and so hot and humid), BUT, the CLS55, like R Coupe, are big displacement supercharged engines, a dyno tuned car doesn't necessarily feel "great" on the street, you to need to data log it to properly see how your engine is behaving, also, you need to account for your altitude and your ambient temps, these are factors that heavily affect any force induction engine. I emailed Jerry because the 55 felt a bit "brisk" at low RPM's a few days after it was dyno tuned, he said, "no problem, drive it a bit more, then send me your data logs" (my 55 is modified), my mechanic (who is insanely experienced with high HP engines) told me, "a street car needs to be tuned in the street, give your car time and the ECU should adapt", well, drove about a 1000 miles, to my surprise, the engine is now running smooth, and it is a beast, the ECU has adjusted to the modified parameters like a champ, and we're talking about and 06' 55 engine with 50k miles, with an ancient BOSCH ME2800 ECU, I bet Jaguar is using something super advanced in comparison...

If your car hesitates a little, I wouldn't be worried, drive more miles, let the tune sink in, remember you have a BRAND NEW engine, let it loosen up, if after the first oil change and a few thousand miles the hesitation persists, take it to Eurocharged, they'll tweak it to your liking, they deal with MASSIVELY MODIFIED ENGINES on a daily basis, your car is stock, you're fine.

Last edited by Kelvind07; 12-07-2014 at 12:28 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kelvind07:
Foosh (12-07-2014), ldmack3 (12-07-2014), WaltB (12-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

I concur with everything Kevin has stated. Drive it awhile and reassess.
Jerry may also be using the tune that accounts for the extra airflow from the 1.5 psi increase in boost with the smaller pulley he typically does with the tune. That may be throwing things off a little bit. You may ask him.

I'm very happy with mine but need stickier tires to handle the extra power it puts down.

Walt

Foosh (12-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WaltB
I concur with everything Kevin has stated. Drive it awhile and reassess.
Jerry may also be using the tune that accounts for the extra airflow from the 1.5 psi increase in boost with the smaller pulley he typically does with the tune. That may be throwing things off a little bit. You may ask him.

I'm very happy with mine but need stickier tires to handle the extra power it puts down.

Walt
Not having the pulley may very well be an issue. But the hesitation was there before the tune. I should say sometimes its there, sometimes not. I have not figured out a pattern if there is one.
From a standing start the car hesitates the first push on the pedal, little acceleration, but then catches and runs fine. It falters for a half second.

Warranty denial is a concern so I'm hoping this will work itself out before going back to the dealer. I may talk to Jerry and hold of on the pulley. Philip did the tune.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:58 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,082 Likes on 1,384 Posts

In the V6S, I find the torque converter is pretty slippy when starting out. Dynamic Mode helps as the throttle is more responsive.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DJS
In the V6S, I find the torque converter is pretty slippy when starting out. Dynamic Mode helps as the throttle is more responsive.
I think I know what you mean. When driving in auto mode, which I rarely do, my perception is that the car starts in 2nd gear and torque converter (TC) does slip a bit, as I'm sure it was designed. When driving in sport mode and using the paddles, I usually down shift to 2nd when coming to a stop and sometimes leave it there. When I do that, it will start in 2nd, as well, with a little TC slippage.

However, if after coming to a stop, I downshift to 1st, I've detected no TC slippage, or "hesitation" at all starting in 1st gear.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Idmack3,

If you are coming up to Dallas anytime soon you can drive mine to see if what you are talking about is normal to our cars or not.

Walt

Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by WaltB
Idmack3,

If you are coming up to Dallas anytime soon you can drive mine to see if what you are talking about is normal to our cars or not.

Walt
Originally Posted by Foosh
I think I know what you mean. When driving in auto mode, which I rarely do, my perception is that the car starts in 2nd gear and torque converter (TC) does slip a bit, as I'm sure it was designed. When driving in sport mode and using the paddles, I usually down shift to 2nd when coming to a stop and sometimes leave it there. When I do that, it will start in 2nd, as well, with a little TC slippage.

However, if after coming to a stop, I downshift to 1st, I've detected no TC slippage, or "hesitation" at all starting in 1st gear.

I never thought of trying to start in 1st as I usually use auto but will try it. I hope that's the issue.

Thanks for the offer Walt. Same if you come to Houston. Let me know and we'll compare.

I will be getting the pulley this week and will advise.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting

Last edited by JBsC6; 12-08-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Got the pulley and the final tune last week. Freekin awesome.

Came out of the MB dealer yesterday and hit it a little too early and got a lot of fishtail. Backed off, straightened out and hit it again..more fishtail at 52MPH!! Holy crap.

After discussions with Jerry at Eurocharged their website is a little misleading and he will ask them to fix.
Standard V8S is delivered with 495HP/460TQ.
Their tuning raises it to the R level of 550HP and 510+ Tq if they leave it loaded with the V8S SW and just modify it.
However they can and now do load the R software, 550/502 and then tweak it to 617/557.

Per Jerry what can happen is the dealer may see the R software package loaded on a V8S and start to look around. Pulley change would probably void the warranty.

Also, due to the smaller ID of the new pulley, they had to slightly grind down the TC shaft housing so the new pulley would clear.

Again..what a diff.

Foosh (12-14-2014)
Old 12-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks LD. That potentially explains what I've been trying to get an answer to with regard to the V6. Their tune raises the base V6 engine to 380, which is the V6S OEM power level, and their V6S tune raises it to 427. I've never understood why identical V6 engines were different with their tune. The same is true with the two V8 power levels, and I think you may just have explained it based upon what Eurocharged shared with you.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 AM

Nice!

Like I said, it becomes a traction problem if you get on it in 1,2 or 3rd gear!

Almost down to the wear bars on my rears so will get new rubber in the next few months. That will help.

Walt