Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust vacuum tube, block or not

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 590 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Exhaust vacuum tube, block or not

So many of you members may have fitted a aftermarket exhaust system and the vacuum pipes that work the valves on the exhausts no longer are fitted .So I have a modified exhaust fitted to my 2.0, removed the rear box and fitted straight pipes out to 2 twin tips, it has increased the sound level giving pops and bangs through upshift and downshift, I no longer use the active exhaust button as the vacuum line for the valve on the rear box is no longer used and gone. I plugged the vacuum pipe that fits to the exhaust valve to open and shut. The 2.0 has only one exhaust valve on one pipe. Doing this has led to no issues or dash lights. I did pull the exhaust valve fuse at the start but this led to the car losing power throw gear but once i put back the fuse it was back to normal so i won't do that again. Since i did this i have not put the car in Dynamic mode which automatically makes the valve open if the rear box was fitted just incase it throws up a light. Question is should i unblock the vacuum line again that was once attached to the valve so air can be released if the button is pushed or in Dynamic mode. Any feedback appreciated you may have some idea on this. Has anyone else fitted an aftermarket system and blocked the valve pipes. No 1 in pic is the valve, No 2 is the vacuum pipe and line. Once again i cant remove the fuse as this seems to affect the throttle response

Old 11-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
So many of you members may have fitted a aftermarket exhaust system and the vacuum pipes that work the valves on the exhausts no longer are fitted .So I have a modified exhaust fitted to my 2.0, removed the rear box and fitted straight pipes out to 2 twin tips, it has increased the sound level giving pops and bangs through upshift and downshift, I no longer use the active exhaust button as the vacuum line for the valve on the rear box is no longer used and gone. I plugged the vacuum pipe that fits to the exhaust valve to open and shut. The 2.0 has only one exhaust valve on one pipe. Doing this has led to no issues or dash lights. I did pull the exhaust valve fuse at the start but this led to the car losing power throw gear but once i put back the fuse it was back to normal so i won't do that again. Since i did this i have not put the car in Dynamic mode which automatically makes the valve open if the rear box was fitted just incase it throws up a light. Question is should i unblock the vacuum line again that was once attached to the valve so air can be released if the button is pushed or in Dynamic mode. Any feedback appreciated you may have some idea on this. Has anyone else fitted an aftermarket system and blocked the valve pipes. No 1 in pic is the valve, No 2 is the vacuum pipe and line. Once again i cant remove the fuse as this seems to affect the throttle response

Leave the vacuum line blocked. That effectively is the same condition as when it’s attached to the valve. Under the OEM setup, that vacuum circuit is always isolated from atmospheric pressure regardless of the muffler valve position.

Last edited by Unhingd; 11-29-2018 at 02:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
powerhouse (11-29-2018)