Sponsored by:

F-Type a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
1000km on the Autobahn is a short 4 hour trip
When were you last in Germany ? Before the wall came down ? Traffic is very dense nowadays...

Turns out it not even 650km.. ..look at expected travelling time..

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (04-19-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
When were you last in Germany ? Before the wall came down ?
It’s certainly been more than 20 years.

Uncle Fishbits (04-19-2019)
Old 04-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
IMO, the Vantage is far more attractive than the Superleggara.
I admit, the rear haunches drift into the BMW i8, to me, which I am not a fan of. But the front end just looks a bit more styled and "tighter" to me, whatever that means.=)

Old 04-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I’ve done 900 miles in a day, ten times I think. I find it plenty comfortable, but probably helps that I fly solo.
there is no sharing the elbow/arm rest, especially for the shifters.
I've done 630 miles a few times. Approx 10 hours, which includes sightseeing stops, etc.. 6-8 hours is a breeze.
10 hours from Amangani to Amangiri was divine.... but after a 3 week road trip, the last 10 hours was a teensy bit too long, and I finally felt back issues.
We never had issue with the boot.... the jag fitted luggage is fine, if not too tight. Soft sided luggage is way better, but for 3 weeks from national parks to fine dining, we had everything we need.
I even bought the Summer 142 luggage rack (although now I wonder about the spoiler) and was too rushed prior to the trip to install it. It will be handy for the next trip.

BUT 900 MILES OMG. What was that trip if I might ask? I know a few people have done the gumball/gold rush type coast to coast drives, and am always curious how much fun those might be.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:22 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 1,373 Posts

I drive from Massachusetts to Michigan (and back) twice a year, to visit family and friends. I take the F-type in the summer, and the XE in winter. I used to fly, but it's gotten so unpleasant that it's easier to drive.

In the summer, I add an hour and cut through Vermont (Green Mountains) and upstate NY, which is a very pleasant way to start the drive.

F-Toype (04-19-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 04:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I drive from Massachusetts to Michigan (and back) twice a year, to visit family and friends. I take the F-type in the summer, and the XE in winter. I used to fly, but it's gotten so unpleasant that it's easier to drive.

In the summer, I add an hour and cut through Vermont (Green Mountains) and upstate NY, which is a very pleasant way to start the drive.
Dave,

You are welcome to drop by anytime on your way through. Central New York must be on your route there somewhere? Food and drinks ready with advanced notice or maybe with no notice!

Old 04-20-2019, 05:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 196 Posts

I looked on google maps, since I have no idea about the relative locations of Michigan/Massachusetts.
I never had much interest in the details of the US, as I didn't plan to go there.

Europe is big and I would need several lifes to see all the interesting places, so why look yonder..
Just like I'm not thinking of going to Asia or Australia / New Zealand, even with relatives living there.

But our eldest daughter now goes again to Cornell, after one semester of exchange. She finishes
her master of Law degree at Leiden, and goes to do a 2nd master in the US, ambitious girl she is.

It might turn out we go to the US for holidays to visit her and drive around a bit. But I don't think
we'll do the kind of milage Dave and Paul Champagne do.

If we decided that we go [ me and my wife], I''l open a thread as a questionaire for advice where
to go and what to do/see. Better ask the experts living there then the tourist guides.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Dave,

You are welcome to drop by anytime on your way through. Central New York must be on your route there somewhere? Food and drinks ready with advanced notice or maybe with no notice!
Thanks for the offer, Vince! I generally keep my stops to a minimum, as it’s a long day. But who knows?

NY Thruway across upstate NY, then either cross into Canada (preferred), or head south and go through/around Cleveland.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Thanks for the offer, Vince! I generally keep my stops to a minimum, as it’s a long day. But who knows?

NY Thruway across upstate NY, then either cross into Canada (preferred), or head south and go through/around Cleveland.
If you take the NYS Thruway thru New York you will be 30 minutes from me at most. Door is open!

Old 04-21-2019, 07:32 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Traditionally, I would say the Coupe is the GT and the convertible is the Sports Car. Traditionally.

Lines have blurred of course....times change. This car is what you want it to be. Sports car or GT car - comes down to how you drive it and enjoy it.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:26 PM
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Gillespie
Traditionally, I would say the Coupe is the GT and the convertible is the Sports Car. Traditionally.

Lines have blurred of course....times change. This car is what you want it to be. Sports car or GT car - comes down to how you drive it and enjoy it.
Well said