F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Horror Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I understand, they should be OBLIGATED to fix the car under warranty if I believe (like I do) that it is potentially dangerous to drive. I am not going to let this go. I will explore other options, but inevitably I may have to jam it down the throat of the dealership and corporate until someone gives enough of a **** to actually do something about it. I don't care if it ends up in lawsuit territory.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well just to revisit this and provide an update -

I've now taken the car to the shop a total of 5 times. This last time I took it back asking them to look at it with a fresh set of eyes - they called back to return it the next morning saying again that everything is working by design.

I called Jaguar Corporate to try to make some headway and they basically said if you can't determine a fault then there is nothing they can do to help. They said take it to another dealership and that they could help to "mediate" with them. I explained that this was a really stupid catch 22 as the dealer is refusing to admit / go to the trouble of finding the problem, so where does that leave me?

I'm making an appointment at a completely different dealer, but I'm feeling pretty stung and not hopeful at this point. As it is I pretty much dread getting into my car every day, and that is not a drama queen exaggeration.

/sigh

Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your story sounds very similar to ours. My husband has a 2015 XFR. After having the car for about 6 months, he started hearing a "clicking noise" from the front end. It seemed to be coming from the driver's side front tire area. My husband also noticed the car drove differently. It was not as "tight" on the road and just did not feel correct.

The car was service for close to 3 weeks as the technicians could not replicate the sound nor find the cause. They ended up switching some parts on the from the right to the left of the car.
Fast forward another 3-4 month and the same sound started again. Took the car back in for service and the technicians were able to hear the sound as it was happening everytime the steering wheel was turned. This visit they replaced the steering rack and pinion rod. This was covered by the dealer. They also said the 2 rear tires were worn and needed replacing. This was done at our cost.
After doing some research, I am learning that rack and pinion steering rod that is failing can cause wear on the tires. I find it very odd that the 2 back tires were worn to the point that they needed repalcement. All 4 tires were replaced about one year ago. I will be taking this issue up with Jaguar.

Good news is husband says the car handles like it did when he first got it. So have your dealer look into the steering rack and pinion.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

I like my local Jaguar dealer, really. But the service department can only read codes.If there is no code they are completely lost. Our local JCA chapter has some excellent tech people. That may be a resource.