Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type SVR Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by tai4de2
I haven't really had any particular problems with the premium system in my V8S. However it's what I'd consider a minimum acceptable bar, and I would not be happy with any less power.

I wanted this car to be an upgrade in every single aspect. Looks like that will be the case, with the only thing even remotely an issue is the lack of a flat bottom steering wheel. And that's not much of an issue.
That wheel can be retrofitted.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
That wheel can be retrofitted.
Supposedly the wheel is SVR-specific. Maybe they'll come out with a flat-bottom one for SVR in future model years, and that can be retrofitted?

I think this won't be a big deal for me. I like the flat-bottom wheel in my V8S but I probably won't miss it after, oh, the first 10 minutes.

Old 06-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Steering wheels

Originally Posted by tai4de2
Supposedly the wheel is SVR-specific. Maybe they'll come out with a flat-bottom one for SVR in future model years, and that can be retrofitted?

I think this won't be a big deal for me. I like the flat-bottom wheel in my V8S but I probably won't miss it after, oh, the first 10 minutes.

It's a bit unusual they don't have that option as I have the heated flat bottom wheel on my V8S and absolutely love it.

Must have been very little uptake of this option - because honestly I would have expected it as standard fitment on the sportiest F-Type of all!

Old 06-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Say what you will about the new Top Gear, but the SVR will be featured next Monday. I find myself getting more and more interested in this car

The following users liked this post:
jleuz1 (06-23-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Kief
Say what you will about the new Top Gear, but the SVR will be featured next Monday. I find myself getting more and more interested in this car
I'd consider an SVR if they ever offer it in an RWD only MT version. (unlikely!)

Old 06-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

I'd consider an SVR if they ever offer it in an RWD only MT version. (unlikely!)
+1

As long as a reasonably well-performing, MT sports car is available, I will not purchase another automatic transmission version. The ZF8 and Porsche PDK are superb transmissions, and I tried really hard to love the ZF8. I had no criticisms of it, and I know they are "faster." However, I learned that for me, MTs are just much more fun.

The best of both worlds, is an MT w/ auto rev match, as I've recently discovered in my newly-acquired C7 Z51 7MT. And when I want to do it the "old-school" way, I can turn it off with the flick of a paddle on each side of the steering wheel. According to the published stats, the C7 7MT is as quick as the A8.

Last edited by Foosh; 06-23-2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Shipping!

Got a vessel and voyage number! Shows car in Baltimore 7/6 so will keep fingers crossed. Maybe just a few more weeks if all goes well.

tai4de2 (06-25-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts
Unhingd (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by FeralSVR
To my good friend Unhingd...
He just made one mistake...BRG if he wanted old school.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts
Default No Locking Fuel Filler Door or Engine Cover on SVR...

I have heard several differing opinions on whether or not the new F-Types have locking gas caps. Here was the response that I received from my Global SVO VIP Client Relations Manager:

I've been doing some further investigation into the locking fuel cap and you are actually correct. The locking mechanism on the F-TYPE has actually been removed going forward from the model year and is no longer a feature.

I also inquired about the Carbon Fiber engine cover and why it is not available for the SVR. This is the response that I received:

We do not advise that the engine cover is fitted to the SVR for the same reasons as why it also isn't on the Project 7 either. This is due to the removal aiding engine cooling. Whilst a carbon fibre cover is available through our accessories business, we do not recommend fitment on the SVR.

Hope it helps those of us ordering SVR's not to be too surprised when we take delivery and realize that there is no locking fuel filler door or any type of engine cover that is still available on other F-Types.

Last edited by FeralSVR; 07-02-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default SVR sound - this new cat meews less than the other kittens in the litter.

Hi Chaps,

A quick note to mention that the V8S and V8R tunes both bias the pops n' crackles in the normal driving mode (I call it Boulevarde Mode) and tone them down in Dynamic. The overall effect is the opposite of what you'd expect and to me has reveals the nature of these noises as synthetic, contrived, showy, and more than just a little preposterous.

The SVR reverses this - with precious little extra percussive effects while tooling around town in normal mode but putting on a show worthy of New Year's Eve when in Dynamic.

These extra sounds are also harder to intentionally provoke and the big volleys sounding like gunfights at the OK Corral are few and far between in the maddest of the F cats.

They have a generally toned down effect and seem somehow - despite the fact that no modern car needs to make these sounds - to just sound right, and make the S and R sound just batshit crazy in comparison.

Overall - to me it makes more sense the way they've done it for the SVR - with the general feel being that it's more genuine and appropriate for a sportscar to sound louder when you're going harder - and not the other way around.

Cheers,

Aus V8S

FeralSVR (07-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Aus V8S
Hi Chaps,

A quick note to mention that the V8S and V8R tunes both bias the pops n' crackles in the normal driving mode (I call it Boulevarde Mode) and tone them down in Dynamic. The overall effect is the opposite of what you'd expect and to me has reveals the nature of these noises as synthetic, contrived, showy, and more than just a little preposterous.

The SVR reverses this - with precious little extra percussive effects while tooling around town in normal mode but putting on a show worthy of New Year's Eve when in Dynamic.

These extra sounds are also harder to intentionally provoke and the big volleys sounding like gunfights at the OK Corral are few and far between in the maddest of the F cats.

They have a generally toned down effect and seem somehow - despite the fact that no modern car needs to make these sounds - to just sound right, and make the S and R sound just batshit crazy in comparison.

Overall - to me it makes more sense the way they've done it for the SVR - with the general feel being that it's more genuine and appropriate for a sportscar to sound louder when you're going harder - and not the other way around.

Cheers,

Aus V8S
On my V6S, the snap, crackle, pop is definitely more pronounced in Dynamic mode.

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-04-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 337 Likes on 212 Posts

On my V6S, the snap, crackle, pop is definitely more pronounce in Dynamic mode.
The same in my R, but only when in D. If I however use manual shift, it is hard to notice any differens in snap, crackle and pop between normal and dynamic mode.

And the above is with open exaust. When in "mute" combined with normal mode, the snap, crackle and pop is barely noticable - also with manual shifts and liftoffs at 3-4k rpm.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Aus V8S
Hi Chaps,

A quick note to mention that the V8S and V8R tunes both bias the pops n' crackles in the normal driving mode (I call it Boulevarde Mode) and tone them down in Dynamic.
Not true on my R at all. In normal mode you need to "initiate" the snap-crackle-pop by accelerating hard and letting off early.

In dynamic mode it is the 4th of July (literally today ).

Switch it over to S and the pops will last 10 solid seconds if I let off before a shift.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Not true on my R at all. In normal mode you need to "initiate" the snap-crackle-pop by accelerating hard and letting off early.

In dynamic mode it is the 4th of July (literally today ).

Switch it over to S and the pops will last 10 solid seconds if I let off before a shift.
I'm with Lynx. Really starts in dynamic and then sport just goes nuts. Love it. Regular D I call "tame kitty mode".

Old 07-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Same as Lynx and Mbourne my R is mental all the time apart from in quiet mode, even more so now ive had my cats fitted

Old 07-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

My SVR was unloaded at the port in Georgia today. So hopefully not too long to get shipped to Texas. Maybe by next week!

Old 07-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Docmalone
My SVR was unloaded at the port in Georgia today. So hopefully not too long to get shipped to Texas. Maybe by next week!
Wow, that's exciting! Mine missed the original intended cargo ship so left late and is still on a boat on the way to Baltimore, but should be there in a week, hopefully, then another week or two to get to dealer and have them prep it. Let us know how yours goes.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice! Mine is supposedly on the Apollon Leader right now but has to pass through the Panama Canal to get to the port on the west coast... so it takes weeks longer than for you guys on the east coast.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

I was just told mine is stuck in England, some kind of hold. Anyone else heard of this?

Quick Reply: F-Type SVR Discussion Thread