F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-Type Totaled - Hit and Run on Freeway

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
I don't really have to explain that...do I?
No you don't. I'm pretty sure we all know what you are trying to say. It's a damn shame though. Smh. Could be any ethnicity in the world driving that truck.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by plums
what has english got to do with anything?!!!
Plums,

Not sure where you're located, but I'm suspecting not in the U.S. If the truck driver was not in the U.S. legally, he/she would have a strong motive for not stopping.

I'm in the camp that the truck driver's act was not intentional, and that the F-Type was not seen.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Plums,

Not sure where you're located, but I'm suspecting not in the U.S. If the truck driver was not in the U.S. legally, he/she would have a strong motive for not stopping.

I'm in the camp that the truck driver's act was not intentional, and that the F-Type was not seen.
When I first saw it, that is what I thought as well. Given its in the SoCal area, its pretty common to see illegals there.

But I am not assuming nationality or even gender since we have no information. Whomever it is, they should have stopped. Given the folks in the Jag didn't get out, who knows how hurt they may have been. The driver should have checked to see if they needed help at the least.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Plums,

It may, or may not, have been intentional, but driving away afterwards definitely was. That is a criminal act, hit-and-run.

I have watched the film clip over and over using stop-action. Just the first second has many frames. It appears that the truck driver was accelerating towards the Jag. If so he created the blind spot by driving into that position; he saw him well before he hit him. But it is hard to tell. Blind spot is no excuse for either action.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Tough situation. If you get out of the car to help you seriously risk your own life. Just over the weekend a local guy was killed for getting out of his car after an accident (by another car that wasn't paying attention). It's like at the track. If there is an accident, you absolutely stay in your car (unless it's on fire). You just don't know what's coming at you if you get out of the car. It may sound heartless, but it's generally the correct thing to do to stay in your car.

Major hit-and-runs (not talking about minor scratch) generally involved

- alcohol
- arrest warrants/probation violation/etc.
- some other illegal activity

You don't hit-and-run of this magnitude unless stopping means you're going to get thrown in jail, etc.

Two interesting cases. Ferrari guy (well known track guy in Florida) hit-and-run death. GTR in Los Angeles, hit-and-run death. Both very late at night. Lots of speculation that there's alcohol involved. A hit-and-run when caught is less than staying at the scene and letting the police know you are drunk.

Since this is during the day, I'm assuming alcohol wasn't involved (but who knows). So it could be anything

- illegal alien/undocumented immigrant (whatever you want to call it)
- guy was on probation and had drugs, weapons, etc. on him/in the truck
- guy has outstanding warrants that would result in arrest if he stayed
- guy had guys, drugs, etc. on him (he could always play the I didn't know card that he caused an accident)

Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Tough situation. If you get out of the car to help you seriously risk your own life.
Sure... but pulling over to call the police to report the accident and/or get an ambulance on site is certainly reasonable. Well, assuming one isn't worried about getting caught for something else of course.

Then again, with all the shrapnel on the road, it isn't likely that there would be a ton of cars to contend with.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

This is the sickening video of the GTR I mentioned. You can see the GTR stopping and talking to his buddy in the other car. They probably were debating what to do, decided it was best to deal with a hit-and-run then staying and dealing with DUI + homicide.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

I'm not going to speculate. I was simply trying to explain to a non-U.S. person what the "english" comment meant.

I'm also not excusing the running away part, even if the accident itself was unintentional. That was a criminal act. But, I do understand why an illegal would have had more motivation to run.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Remember this gem? 16 miles down the highway before they get straight with the truck? Listen to 911 call of family inside minivan dragged 16 miles under moving semi | MLive.com

Old 07-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Plums,

It is in the US.

Specifically SoCal, San Dimas on the 210 57 highway interchange

Old 07-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
It is in the US.

Specifically SoCal, San Dimas on the 210 57 highway interchange
OK, but you clearly didn't read or understand the exchange that lead to that post. It had nothing to do with the location of the accident.

The post you quoted me on was a response to a member apparently not in the US, who didn't understand the meaning of a remark made by another member. That remark speculated that the truck driver didn't speak English.

He asked, "what does English have to do with anything." I was being courteous by trying to explain what was likely meant by that.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I also agree about visible angels. If you can’t see the other driver, then chances are quite high that he might not be able to see you too. My uncle is working with a Los Angeles DUI lawyer and often tells how many crash happens due to other vehicle being out of sight and this has happened here, I believe.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:54 AM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Can't see the angels.....

Old 08-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Can't see the angels.....
I see them all the time...they hover over my F-Type.