F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally I get my test drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally I get my test drive

my dealer will be hosting a test drive event on the 10th and 11th of May. Can't wait... funny party is, my wife is due with our 3rd child on the 16th...talk about timing... Lol

Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,481 Likes on 7,450 Posts

Originally Posted by SocalJag
my dealer will be hosting a test drive event on the 10th and 11th of May. Can't wait... funny party is, my wife is due with our 3rd child on the 16th...talk about timing... Lol

Let your wife drive the car, baby may come on the 12th....

Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I look forward to hearing about the event. post soon.
cheers

Originally Posted by SocalJag

Old 05-18-2013, 12:10 PM

So...I drove the V8S last night...wow. What an exhilarating experience. The exhaust note is insane, car handles beautifully as well. Fit and finish is top notch and the interior puts the Porsche to shame. This was a Polaris white car with the red leather interior...the crowd around the car was hilarious...now I have to decide, do I wait for my ordered metallic black with black pack and red leather or take the white beauty sitting at the dealer...decisions, decisions...

Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 AM

I too got to test drive this amazing vehicle. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and they had a white V8 and a red V6S on the lot. The white one was sold but the red V6S was for their display.
I was able to test drive the V6S and I too was very impressed with the fit and finish. The seats were great and the sound inspiring.
I just hope my base model drives close to this V6S did.
Cheers.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm scheduled for my test drive Monday morning. I too hope the seats are comfortable as that alone would be a deal breaker. I hope they have one with the sport seat.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:40 PM

The one I drove had the sport seats. neat how you can adjust the side bolsters with a swith on the door. My ride was only for about 15min so no telling how the seats feel after an hour or so.

cheers

Originally Posted by bocatrip
I'm scheduled for my test drive Monday morning. I too hope the seats are comfortable as that alone would be a deal breaker. I hope they have one with the sport seat.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by outofmoney
The one I drove had the sport seats. neat how you can adjust the side bolsters with a swith on the door. My ride was only for about 15min so no telling how the seats feel after an hour or so.

cheers
The premium package 1 was one of the options I will have to have in order to get the homelink for the garage and the 14 way adjustable seat. It's amazing how quickly the price of the F Type climbs so quickly with just a few necessary items. I'm also not sure if the 18's will look silly on such a husky car and there goes another $2500 for the wheels I like. I'll know more after my drive on Monday and will report back. Stay tuned!

Last edited by bocatrip; 05-20-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 AM

thanks to the awesomeness that the white V8S was, I am officially torn on color choice. I found the ultimate black metallic at another dealer yesterday but it was not built to my specs.. comparing the two, I think I liked the white better.. it really shows the line of the car. my issue is, if I want a white car built to order,I will be waiting until September our I can take my black one, coming in July... so, I have a plan... I'm going to order a white one too as a hedge and when my black one gets here, if I love it, I'm gonna buy that one, if I don't, I will just wait for the white one... the deposit will be transferable and it gives me first right of refusal on the car... lol. I can't believe I will have two cars on order.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I test drove an F-Type yesterday at an event sponsored by my local dealer, Minneapolis Jaguar Land Rover. My god the V8S is incredibly fast, sounds absolutely monstrous, and is immensely fun to drive hard on the track. I drove it back to back with a Boxster S and a Carrera S. The Boxster was way out of its league, and the Carrera was missing quite a bit of the character that the F-Type has. However, I think both Porsche's had better brakes and felt more natural going through the turns (but not by a whole lot!). This car is why I like the Jaguar brand so much- it manages to be a well rounded car that ticks all the boxes that matter in a performance car.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM

This is what many of the reviewed online have been saying. Porsche has had many years to refine the 911. considering the F-type is brand new i think Jaguar has done a tremendous job. There are other iterations in the works for the F-Type. ie. 4wd, "R" versions and of course the coupe.

cheers

Originally Posted by Doryphoros86
I test drove an F-Type yesterday at an event sponsored by my local dealer, Minneapolis Jaguar Land Rover. My god the V8S is incredibly fast, sounds absolutely monstrous, and is immensely fun to drive hard on the track. I drove it back to back with a Boxster S and a Carrera S. The Boxster was way out of its league, and the Carrera was missing quite a bit of the character that the F-Type has. However, I think both Porsche's had better brakes and felt more natural going through the turns (but not by a whole lot!). This car is why I like the Jaguar brand so much- it manages to be a well rounded car that ticks all the boxes that matter in a performance car.

Last edited by outofmoney; 05-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member

I test drove the V6S 380HP today with the performance seat. The car was amazing with great fit and finish, exhaust note, and more than adequate acceleration for myself. I was interested in the base F with the sport seat as it would be impossible for me to drive very far with the very firm performance seat. We did find a sport seat model (that couldn't be driven) that I found very comfortable. The one thing I noticed was how extremely firm the ride was. The salesman mentioned he had the suspension dampering off or at least on the least firm mode. Does anyone know if the base model F Type has a softer ride than the V6S? I'm sure the smaller wheels and tires and the seat will help as well. The salesman mentioned how disappointed the dealership was in not getting a single base model as there is where they have the majority of their orders.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Drove a fully loaded V6S, stickered close to $95G for about 20 minutes. Current car is 2011 XF S/C.
The bad:
1) exhaust noise gets tiring after a while, even when not in dynamic. At 60-70MPH constant it will drone - just juvenile. I drove with the top up.
2)upgraded Brakes felt weak.
3) price is ridiculous for what it is.
4) shifter operation very confusing initially

The good:
1) fit and finish better than my XF S/C
2) suspension/ride/handling set-up is in the sweet spot, as only Jaguar can do. - very impressive
3)steering very responsive
4) tranny is perfect with/without paddles - big improvement from my 2011 XF S/C. Throttle response sweet.
5) visibility out the back with top-up not as bad as expected - much better than I remember on my old Honda S2000
6) did not feel that much slower in straight line than my XF S/C
7) seating position good, with good leg and head room, controls placement
8) build quality very good

That's all for now.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the review.
My drive in the V6S was too short to give a good report on the seats or brakes. The sound was nice to me. Hopefully I can converse on the phone with the top up without much problem.
I agree 95K for the V6 version is crazy....I guess it is like a porsche in that you can tick enough boxes to make even a base 911 cost as much as a turbo model. this is why I am waiting for one spec'd out to my requests.
I am sure there will be much tweaking of this model through the years and those of us purchasing on initial introduction are taking a bit of risk as the issues will not be worked out yet. With that being said it appeared well put together but time will tell.

cheers

Originally Posted by yidal8
Drove a fully loaded V6S, stickered close to $95G for about 20 minutes. Current car is 2011 XF S/C.
The bad:
1) exhaust noise gets tiring after a while, even when not in dynamic. At 60-70MPH constant it will drone - just juvenile. I drove with the top up.
2)upgraded Brakes felt weak.
3) price is ridiculous for what it is.
4) shifter operation very confusing initially

The good:
1) fit and finish better than my XF S/C
2) suspension/ride/handling set-up is in the sweet spot, as only Jaguar can do. - very impressive
3)steering very responsive
4) tranny is perfect with/without paddles - big improvement from my 2011 XF S/C. Throttle response sweet.
5) visibility out the back with top-up not as bad as expected - much better than I remember on my old Honda S2000
6) did not feel that much slower in straight line than my XF S/C
7) seating position good, with good leg and head room, controls placement
8) build quality very good

That's all for now.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

I finally got a chance to test drive the Base F Type with the sport seat and 18" wheels. I've previously driven the F Type V6S with the performance seat. Although the acceleration was adequate, it was easy to feel the difference in the extra 40 HP. However more noticeable with the base model over the V6S was the constant "hunting" of the transmission upon hard acceleration where as the V6S was more linear and immediate upon acceleration. The exhaust tone was fine, but obviously not as distinctive as the active exhaust. I was ok with it for everyday driving. Suspension felt the same for both cars. If I were to make the plunge, this would be the car, however I certainly will be driving it again. I noticed all 3 F Type models being driven today while there was absolutely no activity for the rest of the Jaguar line including, Aston.

Last edited by bocatrip; 05-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Drive the V8! I bought on Tuesday...noticed people driving XKR and S models in comparison. Alpine is the place to test drive, ton of inventory, use Larry Garber, sweet old man, no pressure