F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

General questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General questions

Hello all! First post. Started looking for my next car and have pretty much settled on an F type. Last jag I had was a 63 mark X.

Have settled on a few specifics. Manual. Green. Still have not decided on a coupe vs convertible.

So for the first question which may be dumb. How do you tell if a car has heated seats from pics on the internet? Is the seat symbol on the temp dial all the time? Not so much for me but my wife (at least that’s my excuse).

I’m looking at a 19 on line and the climate pics don’t have the seat symbol.

Old 08-05-2020, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

If they start the car and show you the multi-function climate control dials, you'll see a picture of the seat with the word "push" on it. That's how you adjust it (push the dial in). I would "assume" that is not visible if you don't have the option.

Look starting about 3:25.

Old 08-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Originally Posted by dgjks6
Hello all! First post. Started looking for my next car and have pretty much settled on an F type. Last jag I had was a 63 mark X.

Have settled on a few specifics. Manual. Green. Still have not decided on a coupe vs convertible.

So for the first question which may be dumb. How do you tell if a car has heated seats from pics on the internet? Is the seat symbol on the temp dial all the time? Not so much for me but my wife (at least that’s my excuse).

I’m looking at a 19 on line and the climate pics don’t have the seat symbol.
The seat symbol will only appear if the engine is running. It will not appear if only the ignition is on. If you have the VIN, you can determine all the options by going to: http://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix. Registration is free for that site and no subscription is needed to access the features of a specific car.
Be prepared to look a long time for your car. BRG is a rare color and the MT is even more rare. To help in your coupe/vert decision, it boils down to open air driving/ top-down beauty versus luggage space/full time good looks. The lack of open air driving can be somewhat mitigated with the glass roof and windows down.