F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you been pulled over?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

I got a ticket last night when driving back from Victoria Canada for doing 67 in a 55mph zone He didnt pull anyone else over who were all probably doing about the same speed.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by f_in_seattle
I got a ticket last night when driving back from Victoria Canada for doing 67 in a 55mph zone He didnt pull anyone else over who were all probably doing about the same speed.
Not surprised.. the 'donut eaters' around here generally go for the nice cars/sport cars, no doubt resentment at work.
Lawrence.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Twice. Got ticketed both times. The first was the first day I had the car in june of 2013 gping 89 in a 55 and the second time was last Saturday which he supposedly I was 37 in a 20 for a brief moment.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 569 Likes on 387 Posts

Overall, I try not to be stupid, but holding back a feral cat can be a challenge. Mainly, I keep my Eagle Scout card right next to my Driver's License (complete with Richard M. Nixon's signature). I also have an ES vanity plate which may have saved me a couple of times. The "UNC" may help/hurt, depending on where you are and who's looking.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:24 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I was executing a high speed pass in the right lane due to people driving slowly in the passing lanes yesterday. Laser jammer went off telling me it was jamming a Stalker Lidar. Slowed to 60mph, switched it off. Cruised past the cop, round the corner, and then picked it back up to 95mph.

That's how it's done gentlemen.

The following users liked this post:
TR64ever (05-27-2015)
Old 05-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Today, while taking a pleasure drive through the farm country of western NY, I got NOT pulled over THREE times in less than five minutes.

The first time was rolling down a long straight hill, let the cat roar 'til the digital readout reached 100, then eased off so as not to scare the car at the bottom of the hill. Well, I was the one who got scared, that car was a state trooper. I CANNOT BELIEVE that a trooper could have failed to notice how fast I was closing in on him!! Or else there must have been some mighty good donuts around, LOL. I pussyfooted my way down a couple of side streets, still half expecting him to appear behind me at any moment.

I got back to the main road, perhaps half a mile away,and at that very intersection was a second trooper, perhaps working with the first one on a little action on the other road? I dunno, but he did not seem interested in me in the least.

At that same moment around the corner came yet another law enforcement officer, this time the local sheriff, with lights ablaze before he'd even seen me, so I sort of figured out he was already chasing somebody else. I sure wasn't expecting quite so much excitement, me and the cat waz just lucky...

The following 2 users liked this post by lordpeterk:
slojotaa (05-26-2015), Ton (06-03-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 11:38 PM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Pulled over 5/28/15 at 05:45 speed limit 45 mph. I was driving behind this guy who was doing exactly the speed limit so at the first opportunity I signaled and passed. My intuition told me the guy behind me could be a cop by the way he approached so close I couldn't see his head lights (should have brake checked him). So his first dumb comment to me in an angry voice was "did I feel my time was more valuable than the guy doing the speed limit in front of me". Of course I was polite and said no sir, I almost questioned why he was so pissed off. Handing me my ticket he said I was doing up to 15 mph over the speed limit and he was only going to cite me for 9. My valentine one never went off so he must have been guessing. Ticket clinic will handle this for me, first ticket in over 8 years.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by RawwR
Pulled over 5/28/15 at 05:45 speed limit 45 mph. I was driving behind this guy who was doing exactly the speed limit so at the first opportunity I signaled and passed. My intuition told me the guy behind me could be a cop by the way he approached so close I couldn't see his head lights (should have brake checked him). So his first dumb comment to me in an angry voice was "did I feel my time was more valuable than the guy doing the speed limit in front of me". Of course I was polite and said no sir, I almost questioned why he was so pissed off. Handing me my ticket he said I was doing up to 15 mph over the speed limit and he was only going to cite me for 9. My valentine one never went off so he must have been guessing. Ticket clinic will handle this for me, first ticket in over 8 years.
In Washington State one is allowed to exceed the speed limit while overtaking on the left on a two lane highway.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Ton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup,

Twice the same day, once for speeding, the CHP officer he said he had to go over 90 to catch me, and the second one for tailgating and "accelerating too fast"... which I didn't even know you could get pulled over for.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 294 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Ton

... "accelerating too fast"... which I didn't even know you could get pulled over for.

How fast is too fast?

Ton (06-04-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Ton
Yup,

Twice the same day, once for speeding, the CHP officer he said he had to go over 90 to catch me, and the second one for tailgating and "accelerating too fast"... which I didn't even know you could get pulled over for.
wow, bad luck! Yea, I think it's called exhibition of speed. Imagine trying to accelerate to 45mph speed limit full throttle from a stop light...while you're not speeding they'll get your for showing off the acceleration.

Ton (06-04-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

As long as you didn't spin your tires you can fight the exhibition of speed (accelerating) ticket. You could probably fight it even if you did spin the tires if you didn't lay 50 feet of 11's on the road.

Ton (06-04-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I remember once I was in my wife's Vauxhall Astra, had just left the shopping centre and entered on a slip road down towards a dual carriageway.

The slip road was 40mph, the dual carriageway 70mph, although I never touched the dual carriageway as I veered to the left and back onto another 40mph road, heading towards getting the car MOT'd as it happens.

As I powered down the slip road, I was probably doing around 60mph - 65mph and then onto the adjoining road at the same speed.
I saw what I first thought was perhaps an Astra van with maybe ladders on the roof a long way back, but coming fast.
Not convinced I checked again, then again and although he was in the distance but closing, reckoned it was a cop car, so carried on, took a quick right for a few hundred yards and pulled over, then took out my mobile phone and pretended to make a call.

Sure enough it was the police, pulled in behind me and came towards the drivers window, I stayed in the car pretending to be on the phone and initially ignored him until he tapped on the window.
I pretended to finish the call and opened the window saying, yes officer?
Going a little fast weren't we?
No officer, I don't think so says me
Is this your car?
Yes and no, it's in my name but my wifes car.
Wife's name etc?
I told him and he told me to stay put whilst he checked....

He came back and again asked me what speed I was doing?
I said around 35mph - 40mph
You were going a lot faster than that, we were doing 70mph trying to catch you.
I'm sorry officer but I wasn't speeding.
Yes you were!
Officer, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I wasn't...

They were local cops, not traffic police so I knew they had no radar etc and decided to bluff it.
He tried one last time, you WERE definitely speeding.
Again I looked apologetic and repeated that I didn't want to be argumentative, but......I wasn't

Let go with a stern warning and a ...." we'll be keeping an eye out for you" comment

Close call

Old 06-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Back around 1997, I had driven from Florida to Indiana to see my dad in the VA hospital. My ride at the time was an '85 Nissan 300ZX, a car that reminds me very much of my current 2000 XK8. I had been warned by a fellow motorist at a stoplight that my brake lights were not working, and that there was likely a radar speed trap ahead. I thanked him, and continued on.

Just as I had been warned, there was a police car not too far ahead, and I was pulled over for the lack of brake lights.

After pulling to the side of the road and putting the car in park, I began going through my glove compartment for my insurance papers and car registration. The next thing I knew, I heard a man yell "FREEZE!" through my open driver's window. I did not move a muscle, except to turn my head, and all I could see was a service revolver pointed at me. "WHAT ARE YOU GOING FOR?!?" he yelled at me. Did I move? No, I absolutely did not move. "My insurance and registration" I replied, still frozen in place.

He leaned in and looked to where I was reaching, and stayed his revolver. I decided it was probably safe to begin breathing again, and ignored the wet spot on my jeans. Only then did I ask him why he pulled his gun on me; he replied that he thought I might be going for my own gun in the glove box (I never had a gun, BTW).

I didn't receive a ticket, but was ordered to pull my car into a nearby parking lot and not drive the car again until I had brake lights. Luckily for me, I had the Nissan shop manual for the car with me, and studied the schematics and found a way to bypass the faulty light-control computer in the trunk with a well-placed paperclip. (Rainwater leaking from the rear hatch had ruined the computer.)

At that encounter, the policeman told me that in the future when I am pulled over, to remain in the driver's seat with my hands high on the steering wheel where they can be readily seen, and not to go for my papers until instructed to do so. Apparently, once a motorist has pulled a gun on them, they are quite touchy about further possibilities, which I understand. I haven't been pulled over since, but if I am, you can bet that my hands will have a death grip on the steering wheel until the policeman is satisfied that I am a good guy. Lesson learned. At gun point.

Merlin (06-03-2015)
Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 AM
Ton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah,

I wasn't going too fast, coming on to the bay bridge from 1st street, but I was being pretty loud, haha thats what I get. Then there was the... I was too close to the car in front of me... anyways hopefully the cop doesn't show up in court.

-Antonio