F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hidden dash cam?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hidden dash cam?

Has anyone installed a hidden (or at least not easily noticeable) dash cam in their F-Type? Thinking about setting one up on mine...

Old 05-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

Yep. Search the forum. You'll find several threads. Mine is a StreetGuardian and it's nice and compact.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by approx
Has anyone installed a hidden (or at least not easily noticeable) dash cam in their F-Type? Thinking about setting one up on mine...
What is the purpose of doing this?

Old 05-11-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Andy2017
What is the purpose of doing this?
I like having a dashcam for my own protection in the event of an accident. But the idea of a hidden one intrigues me just for dealer visits, or if I ever have to valet my car, I'd want to make sure people are not abusing it when driving it.

The following users liked this post:
PBBarb (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nati
Yep. Search the forum. You'll find several threads. Mine is a StreetGuardian and it's nice and compact.
Where did you mount it and how did you power it?

Old 05-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Yeah, I need to go back and read some of those threads again at some point because I've thought about getting one. As for why, besides the reason given, this was a few miles from my house last year. This not only shows she wasn't doing anything (i.e., didn't provoke it), but it also, IIRC, directly contributed to the guy being found.

I don't generally worry about things like that, but proof can be helpful, plus if you're a witness to an accident, you can be the proof someone else needs, plus you can have them set up to record when motion is sensed so if someone approaches your car while it's parked, you can catch that as well.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PBBarb
Yeah, I need to go back and read some of those threads again at some point because I've thought about getting one. As for why, besides the reason given, this was a few miles from my house last year. This not only shows she wasn't doing anything (i.e., didn't provoke it), but it also, IIRC, directly contributed to the guy being found.
Wow! I think I would have punched it and run the douche bag over and then got out and beat the living sh*t out of him.

Unbelievable!

Old 05-12-2018, 05:16 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy2017
Wow! I think I would have punched it and run the douche bag over and then got out and beat the living sh*t out of him.

Unbelievable!
That’s what a lot of people said, but her husband said at the time she was just so shocked she froze. Kind of makes sense since you don’t expect people to act that way. It started a whole other conversation since the driver was a woman by herself. I would think instinct would say gun it and get out of there, but maybe not. Since this happened close by, I got to see some of the story and comments on Next Door and while she never posted, he did. There’s a reason that Kroger has the nickname it does and I stopped getting gas there years ago because I kept expecting someone to get shot or stabbed over a spot at a pump.