Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inControl Apps

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default inControl Apps

Hi Guys,

Just got my V6S Coupe in Firesand delivered 2 days ago, and im trying to setup the incontrol Apps and inControl Remote - but im failing with it.

i have the bad feeling that they didnt integrated it into the setup ? - i have nearly full specced V6S with the new InControl Touch SD Navigation System - but i do not see any optional incontrol apps package on the price list (EU Car).

when i plugin my android (actual version) nothing happens on the car screen - if someone using it, do you have a dedicated USB port for that in the f-type (as mentioned in some guides) or also just the 1 USB port next to the AUX port in the middle console ?

is there a special trick to get that working ? or do i just need to wait some time in order to be able to register my VIN in the jag system ?

Last edited by thisissparta; 10-18-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

For my 2016 US-spec F Type S, InControl Apps and Remote came standard and were both activated during delivery of my car. There should be 2 USB ports, 1 for a standard USB / iPod interface and 1 for the InControl Apps. Activation required the VIN to be recognized. You should also see that there is an InControl button on the main menu of the screen to the left.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by McGriddle
For my 2016 US-spec F Type S, InControl Apps and Remote came standard and were both activated during delivery of my car. There should be 2 USB ports, 1 for a standard USB / iPod interface and 1 for the InControl Apps. Activation required the VIN to be recognized. You should also see that there is an InControl button on the main menu of the screen to the left.
yes i saw that button on the "old" navigation layouts (image1), but mine looks completly different in the 16 model. (image2).

(incontrol touch: https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-glo...uch/index.html)

I also only have 1 USB and 1 SD Card Slot in the middle console, and also in my manual it does not show any option of a seperate inControl USB Port.

Attached Thumbnails inControl Apps-jaguar_1.png   inControl Apps-image2.jpg  
Old 10-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by thisissparta
yes i saw that button on the "old" navigation layouts (image1), but mine looks completly different in the 16 model. (image2).

(incontrol touch: https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-glo...uch/index.html)

I also only have 1 USB and 1 SD Card Slot in the middle console, and also in my manual it does not show any option of a seperate inControl USB Port.
Without the 2nd InControl USB port or InControl button on the left screen, it looks like you don't have it.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Definitely should have 2 USBs there...and InControl Apps option on menu screen.

Time for a visit back to the dealer, but I hate to say it...it doesn't look good...dealer should have at least offered to set it up for you (if it was available on the car).

On the plus side, I find InControl Apps to be pretty worthless to be honest, although I quite like the Remote app.

The following users liked this post:
Buckingham (10-18-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainHam
Definitely should have 2 USBs there...and InControl Apps option on menu screen.

Time for a visit back to the dealer, but I hate to say it...it doesn't look good...dealer should have at least offered to set it up for you (if it was available on the car).

On the plus side, I find InControl Apps to be pretty worthless to be honest, although I quite like the Remote app.
ye.

im just curious that there is also no option in the price list for the 2016 here for get incontrol aps somehow.

will check with dealer tomorrow.

but if not also not an issue, there is indeed not a big pro on this incontrol apps, as spotify also works via bluetooth.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:54 PM

If you paid for Apps, get your money back and spend it on a Miracast/Xcarlink-type device instead, so you can cast yourwhole phone screen onto the screen (and therefore all your Apps, not just the hugely limited selection from InControl).

Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 AM

hm ok. got info from jaguar.

incontrol remote/app not available in my country (austria).

Old 10-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2015 R and my Incontrol App's have never worked. I'm not sure if the system needs an update or what.

I'm on an LG G3 and the car definitely has the Incontrol App's as its on the sticker.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by speedhacks
I'm on an LG G3 and the car definitely has the Incontrol App's as its on the sticker.
On the sticker that listed the spec? Or actually available in the menu as a separate option to press?

If it's not available on the menu screen, then you don't have it...I thought only MY16+ had InControl as an option...

Old 10-19-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by thisissparta
hm ok. got info from jaguar.

incontrol remote/app not available in my country (austria).

Hmmm, not good...maybe they haven't signed a deal with an Austrian telecoms company for the SIM coverage. Or maybe I'm just talking rubbish.

Here's a possible alternative for you...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...racast-150782/

Old 10-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, not good...maybe they haven't signed a deal with an Austrian telecoms company for the SIM coverage. Or maybe I'm just talking rubbish.

Here's a possible alternative for you...
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...racast-150782/
InControl Apps has nothing to do with cell phone coverage. It relies on hard wire connection from the smart phone to the car. InControl Remote, however, does require cell network support. These are two totally separate Apps that need to be loaded onto your smart phone seperately. I would think that InControl Apps should be available everywhere, whether or not InControl Remote is supported by the local networks.

As mentioned above, if you have InControl Apps, you access it by pressing the left arrow on the home screen. It will be the tile at the top left of that secondary menu screen. You can also determine that you have InControl Apps if you have two USB ports in the center console.

Last edited by Unhingd; 10-20-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
I would think that InControl Apps should be available eveywhere, whether or not InControl Remote is supported by the local networks.
OP has been told by Jag that neither Apps or Remote is available in their country, for some reason.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:31 AM

OP has been told by Jag that neither Apps or Remote is available in their country, for some reason.
correct.

neither apps or remote is available as an option in austria.

most likeley they didnt signed a deal for the sim, as my 7 BMW has same functionality integrated.

but anyhow its not a big issue, i bought the car for the look&sound - and for sure not for the tech (compared to the bmw its like 10 years behind)

i do not regret my ftype purchase even for a milli second.

Attached Thumbnails inControl Apps-ftype_del.jpg  
Old 10-20-2015, 09:40 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Love Firesand. Perhaps I haven't been paying attention, but what's up with the small hood vents? Know they moved with AWD, but don't think I've seen those smaller vents.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
Love Firesand. Perhaps I haven't been paying attention, but what's up with the small hood vents? Know they moved with AWD, but don't think I've seen those smaller vents.
the vents are same size, but the outer part is now in car color in the 16 models.

im going to ge them painted black again

Old 10-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

The smaller vents are for AWD models, including the S AWD, due to slightly different packaging within the engine bay to make room for the front differential.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

I'm glad they didn't muck around with the vents on the RWD cars.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by lhoboy
I'm glad they didn't muck around with the vents on the RWD cars.
They didn't have any choice. AWD necessitated a higher engine mount which necessitated a different hood design with a taller and wider bulge for clearance. The vents wouldn't have worked in the RWD location on the AWD hood.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:02 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 1,371 Posts

I haven't seen that the vents were smaller for AWD, just shifted outboard. But the OP's picture shows that his are partially painted, which I don't think I've seen before. Looks very different.

Quick Reply: inControl Apps