F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Panel Setup - English vs English US

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Instrument Panel Setup - English vs English US

The US spec F-Type has an option to set the instrument panel to "English" and "English US". I have always assumed that the main difference between the setting was the use of Imperial Gallons or US Gallons for the MPG calculations.

I have had my F-Type for a little over a year now and have been manually computing my MPG. I have noticed that the Instrument Panel has always overstated my actual MPG by about 1.5 to 2 miles per gallon. Per the recommendation of another forum member, I changed my setup from English US to just English and I expected the actual mileage to be a lot lower than the computed MPG since Imperial Gal are larger, but I found the same 2 miles overstatement. I am wondering if the Jag programmers forgot to change the MPG formula for US gallons.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Old 09-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

My S-type did the same thing. I believe the language setting changes some displays, like reading 'boot open' instead of 'trunk open' but it made no difference in MPG readings. By default, the car assumes US gallons it seems which is strange as that measure was never used in Canada (?)

Old 09-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey
My S-type did the same thing. I believe the language setting changes some displays, like reading 'boot open' instead of 'trunk open' but it made no difference in MPG readings. By default, the car assumes US gallons it seems which is strange as that measure was never used in Canada (?)
This sounds correct from my experience with the F type R.. Interesting that this car indicates 30-32 mpg. (I have it set on MPG for now) on the highway at modest speed (modest as limit is 80 around my area), which seems too good to be true. Have not done a pump to pump manual comparison yet.
Lawrence.