F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Introducing Me

 
  #1  
Old 04-13-2019, 01:50 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 24
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Introducing Me




















Morning All

Iíve been lurking here for a few weeks now & decided it was time to introduce myself. Iíve just bought a 2014 F-Type manual here in the UK...Hopefully Iíve managed to attach some photos...
 
The following 4 users liked this post by AJB2:
Carbuff2 (04-13-2019), Jagged Wire (04-13-2019), Mbourne (04-13-2019), Uncle Fishbits (04-16-2019)
  #2  
Old 04-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 1,689
Received 699 Likes on 512 Posts
Default

Great photos, and a beautiful F-Type (but, without diminishing the lustre of this one, all F-Types are beautiful). Welcome! Now, practice controlling your inner hooligan which this car will release. It has partially worked for me (the attempt to control it, I mean).
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-13-2019)
  #3  
Old 04-13-2019, 11:32 AM
KVO
KVO is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Antwerp area / Belgium
Posts: 147
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

Welcome, welcome
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #4  
Old 04-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: California
Posts: 99
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Welcome! 🤗
Beautiful car and great job on the pictures!

Dave
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #5  
Old 04-13-2019, 03:47 PM
Mbourne's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,456
Received 405 Likes on 303 Posts
Default

Congratulations on your acquisition and what will prove to be the new love of your life! Enjoy.
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #6  
Old 04-13-2019, 04:33 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,629
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,398 Posts
Default

Welcome! How is it you have a 2014 with a manual transmission?
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #7  
Old 04-13-2019, 04:39 PM
SinF's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canada, eh
Posts: 3,636
Received 703 Likes on 533 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJB2 View Post

Iíve been lurking here for a few weeks now & decided it was time to introduce myself. Iíve just bought a 2014 F-Type manual here in the UK...Hopefully Iíve managed to attach some photos...
Gorgeous car, but it isn't 2014. It is 2016 or 2017.
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #8  
Old 04-13-2019, 04:41 PM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 775
Received 142 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

Sure looks like a 2014 to me.
 
  #9  
Old 04-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,629
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,398 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by scm View Post
Sure looks like a 2014 to me.
Even under the European MY designations, the MT was not available until MY15, and memory card sockets in the center console even much later.
 
  #10  
Old 04-13-2019, 04:53 PM
SinF's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canada, eh
Posts: 3,636
Received 703 Likes on 533 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by scm View Post
Sure looks like a 2014 to me.
Look at the dash, it has round ( ./ )
 
  #11  
Old 04-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 1,689
Received 699 Likes on 512 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by scm View Post
Sure looks like a 2014 to me.
It absolutely is nÚt a 2014 nor 2015, and possibly not even a 2016...the clue is the display between the two main gauges. The earlier cars had the readings displayed vertically in straight lines, not as parenthetical curves. perhaps the original poster could comment...was it just a keyboard slip - or is there a reason why he thinks the car is a 2014 model? (Curious, not accusing...)
 

Last edited by sov211; 04-13-2019 at 06:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #12  
Old 04-13-2019, 06:59 PM
OzXFR's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 3,950
Received 1,108 Likes on 922 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sov211 View Post
It absolutely is nÚt a 2014 nor 2015, and possibly not even a 2016...the clue is the display between the two main gauges. The earlier cars had the readings displayed vertically in straight lines, not as parenthetical curves. perhaps the original poster could comment...was it just a keyboard slip - or is there a reason why he thinks the car is a 2014 model? (Curious, not accusing...)
Yep, definitely not a 2014 or 2015, it's at least a 2016.
 
  #13  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Tel's Avatar
Tel
Tel is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: South Coast - UK
Posts: 701
Received 171 Likes on 108 Posts
Default

Elementary my dear Watson; Interesting, as I was having the same thoughts...according to Jag UK Manuals were added to their website latter part of 2014:

2016 JAGUAR F-TYPE: INTRODUCING ALL-WHEEL DRIVE AND MANUAL TRANSMISSION

19 NOVEMBER 2014
The F-TYPE, Jaguarís all-aluminium sports car, will in 2015 set new standards for dynamics and driver involvement.

The gauges tell me it's a 2015 model (16MY in the UK), license plate tally's up, with an early (Jan, Feb or March '15).
Interestingly, the license plate doesn't reveal the VIN from internet sources which is odd....still, my deductions are that it's definitely a 2015 (16MY) car.
Anyhow, welcome to the fold AJB2! ;-)
 
The following users liked this post:
AJB2 (04-14-2019)
  #14  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 1,689
Received 699 Likes on 512 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tel View Post
Elementary my dear Watson; Interesting, as I was having the same thoughts...according to Jag UK Manuals were added to their website latter part of 2014:

2016 JAGUAR F-TYPE: INTRODUCING ALL-WHEEL DRIVE AND MANUAL TRANSMISSION

19 NOVEMBER 2014
The F-TYPE, Jaguarís all-aluminium sports car, will in 2015 set new standards for dynamics and driver involvement.

The gauges tell me it's a 2015 model (16MY in the UK), license plate tally's up, with an early (Jan, Feb or March '15).
Interestingly, the license plate doesn't reveal the VIN from internet sources which is odd....still, my deductions are that it's definitely a 2015 (16MY) car.
Anyhow, welcome to the fold AJB2! ;-)
Well, this sort of statement ("a 2015 model [2016MY in the UK]") is what utterly confuses people in North America (and probably elsewhere) because the car is clearly a 2016 model year car - that was the year for which that form of instrument display was introduced: 2016. The car well have been built in the 2015 CALENDAR year, but it is not a "2015 model" - it is a 2016 model!... and then there is the UK system of identifying cars as "M reg", "P reg" (yes, I know that these are fictictious....I just chose a letter) because this makes no sense at all to so many of us.
My car, built in late 2014 as a 2015 Canadian-market model, is therefore (logically) registered as a 2015 model, put into service and first registered (as a 2015 model) in December 2014.
Really, between the Brexit fiasco and the automobile model year registration system...crazy-making, eccentric and wonderfully British.
 
  #15  
Old 04-14-2019, 01:12 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 24
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Hey Guys...Thanks for all the comments. It was actually registered on 18th September 2014 & according to the Topix report, is a 2016 M/Y. It mustíve been one of the very first manuals built, it was actually originally registered with the DVLA as a 340bhp auto??? I would love to find out what it was used for when first built...BTW. I bought it from an approved Jaguar dealership with a 2 year approved Jaguar warranty so thereís nothing ďdodgy about it...Just unusual. Done a little over 20,000 miles & the clutch slipped on Friday causing it to still smell in the cabin today!!!
 

Last edited by AJB2; 04-14-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
  #16  
Old 04-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Unhingd's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 13,629
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,398 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJB2 View Post
Hey Guys...Thanks for all the comments. It was actually registered on 18th September 2014 & according to the Topix report, is a 2016 M/Y. It mustíve been one of the very first manuals built, it was actually originally registered with the DVLA as a 340bhp auto??? I would love to find out what it was used for when first built...BTW. I bought it from an approved Jaguar dealership with a 2 year approved Jaguar warranty so thereís nothing ďdodgy about it...Just unusual. Done a little over 20,000 miles & the clutch slipped on Friday causing it to still smell in the cabin today!!!
Please provide us with the first 2 digits of the last 5 digits of the VIN. There may be a Story here on the production history of MT F-Types.
 

Last edited by Unhingd; 04-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.
  #17  
Old 04-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Tel's Avatar
Tel
Tel is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: South Coast - UK
Posts: 701
Received 171 Likes on 108 Posts
Default

Sounds like a rather interesting car...

@AJB2 Maybe Jaguars' OSH may be able to shed more light on where it's been and from. https://osh.jaguar.com/

Hoping not to see the word Copart in there! ;-)
 
  #18  
Old 04-14-2019, 04:14 PM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 775
Received 142 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sov211 View Post
It absolutely is nÚt a 2014 nor 2015, and possibly not even a 2016...the clue is the display between the two main gauges. The earlier cars had the readings displayed vertically in straight lines, not as parenthetical curves. perhaps the original poster could comment...was it just a keyboard slip - or is there a reason why he thinks the car is a 2014 model? (Curious, not accusing...)
I based my assessment on the reg: it looks like it has "64" which shows it was registered between September 2014 and March 2015. I guessed you couldn't register a car before it was built, although you can put a personal plate on that shows as an older registration year. MY is a whole different kettle of fish, of course.
 
  #19  
Old 04-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Southern Cal
Posts: 662
Received 231 Likes on 147 Posts
Default

To my knowledge, at least as the information was release in the US market, they stopped production of the 2015 model year in December 2014, and did not start production on the 2016 model year until February 2015.
sov211 is absolutely correct, the instrument display is that from a 2016 or later model year, so something seems out of place if this vehicle with a 2016 model year instrument cluster has been represented to be registered months before production started on that model year. Either the instrument display was replaced (not sure that's technically compatible), or the model year has not been correctly represented.
 
  #20  
Old 04-14-2019, 05:13 PM
scm's Avatar
scm
scm is online now
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 775
Received 142 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

Or it was a pre-production car that was updated to a later spec?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing Me


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: