Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Jaguar Customer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
Default The Jaguar Customer Experience

I was reading this article today. Seth's Blog: Customer service and luxury

It made me think about the problems many of us have faced with the paint and audio issues, where a more positive and proactive approach would have made customers for life. You can turn a negative into a positive so easily.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 410 Posts

I read something recently about Jaguar being number one for customer service among all major manufacturers. Sadly, that has not been my experience....

Old 04-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I read something recently about Jaguar being number one for customer service among all major manufacturers. Sadly, that has not been my experience....
It's not exactly #1 in customer service. It's a rather limited recognition by J.D. Power for being #1 in how they handled recalls.

2015 U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power

Old 04-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,595 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
It's not exactly #1 in customer service. It's a rather limited recognition by J.D. Power for being #1 in how they handled recalls.

2015 U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power
While being #1 in anything (in most cases) is an admirable place to be - oh yeah, good luck Foosh with Duke tonight - I'm sure Jaguar would much rather be #1 in any other catagory.

The fact is even the most modicum of customer service would go a long way toward brand loyalty. While we all love our F-Types - perhaps give or take a gripe or two - Jaguar isn't doing themselves any favors (from what I'm reading on this Forum for starters, as I haven't had any experience, good, bad, or indifferent to report just yet) by their apparent lack of customer service. Even if that's less a fact and more preceived, perception often being as great an influence as any; and I am not saying that the facts aren't there for many [here].

You talk about "Experience", I fly jetBlue - often - based on what they deem (rightly so if you ask me) "The jetBlue Experience" and, yes, it ALL comes down to customer service.

Let me be perfectly clear here: I LOVE MY V6S F-TYPE NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS (but I am sorry for all those NOT getting the ATTENTION that they deserve for purchasing a car in the high-5/low 6-figures. Never mind that excellent customer service can be had at any price depending on the corporate culture; think L.L. Bean). Jaguar should [want to] do better.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 04-06-2015 at 01:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
buickfunnycar.com (04-06-2015), mawheele (04-13-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

If Jaguar cared about its current customers and wants repeat customers. The 2016 F-TYPE has complimentary Scheduled Maintenance Coverage for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first should be offered to 2014 and 2015 owners. "† *Class is sports cars sold by luxury automobile manufacturers " doesn't mean **** in my book if you can't back your words. While I love my F Type R, this could be my last Jaguar.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

I don't see the schedule maintenance being added retroactively as it is bundled into the higher base price of the MY16 cars. However it would be cool to get the warranty extended to the new 5yr/60k. Just some added piece of mind.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LynxFX
I don't see the schedule maintenance being added retroactively as it is bundled into the higher base price of the MY16 cars. However it would be cool to get the warranty extended to the new 5yr/60k. Just some added piece of mind.
Has an[y] automobile manufacturer ever retroactively extended the warranty to any previous model years? You'd likely get a boat-load of brand loyalty from that one if it ever happened.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Has an[y] automobile manufacturer ever retroactively extended the warranty to any previous model years? You'd likely get a boat-load of brand loyalty from that one if it ever happened.
I recall it happening not to recently but I fail to remember the exact car and company. I want to say it was Lotus with the Evora but I'm not positive. I could just be totally mixed up too.

I do know that Ferrari allowed the addition of their new 12 year powertrain warranty to be added to current cars after an inspection.

Old 04-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Received 102 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes Ferrari offer a fixed price 7 year warranty for older vehicles.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Tesla did it a few months ago........

The following users liked this post:
ocstig (04-09-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member

So, obviously, it can be done!

Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 AM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Hey guys, Canada still doesn't get the 5 year warranty even for MY2016 cars. I am still buying, but I hope this is not the start of a bad customer experience with the JLR brand. If it turns out to be true, then this will be my last one!

Old 04-07-2015, 06:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Hey guys, Canada still doesn't get the 5 year warranty even for MY2016 cars. I am still buying, but I hope this is not the start of a bad customer experience with the JLR brand. If it turns out to be true, then this will be my last one!
While I am all for a stellar "customer service experience" - and thus far my own personal experience (with my local dealer) has been excellent - and I can't address the warranty differences between you and us here in the States, I will opine that the car (your car once you get it) will trump whatever experience you have, good, bad, or indifferent.

That's not to say you shouldn't have, at a bare minimum, a decent experience with your dealer (and JLR if necessary) but the F-Type in all its configurations is pretty damn great and not just in my opinion. Of course Jaguar could easily p#%^ any of us off enough to make us look elsewhere the next time...

In the meantime...enjoy the ride!

Good luck.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 04-07-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

While I am all for a stellar "customer service experience" - and thus far my own personal experience (with my local dealer) has been excellent - and I can't address the warranty differences between you and us here in the States, I will opine that the car (your car once you get it) will trump whatever experience you have, good, bad, or indifferent.

That's not to say you shouldn't have, at a bare minimum, a decent experience with your dealer (and JLR if necessary) but the F-Type in all its configurations is pretty damn great and not just in my opinion. Of course Jaguar could easily p#%^ any of us off enough to make us look elsewhere the next time...

In the meantime...enjoy the ride!

Good luck.
Thanks Jay, but it continues to bug me everytime I see a Jaguar NA announcement, but then find out that it really only means Jaguar US. Jaguar Canada is a poor second cousin and you never know what hand me downs are coming our way. After a few of these in the past six months it gets very disheartening and I don't even have the car yet.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Jay, but it continues to bug me everytime I see a Jaguar NA announcement, but then find out that it really only means Jaguar US. Jaguar Canada is a poor second cousin and you never know what hand me downs are coming our way. After a few of these in the past six months it gets very disheartening and I don't even have the car yet.
I hear you and empathize with you. As I said previously, [try] to keep the faith - this coming from a proud but non-practicing Jew (bad Jew!) - once you get the car much (some? all?) of this frustration will subside.

I think. I hope (for your sake).

Best regards,
Jay

Old 04-07-2015, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,652 Likes on 3,362 Posts

DuhCar, do keep in mind that Jag is trying to accommodate the weakness of the Canadian $. The base coupe is selling for almost US$7000 cheaper in Canada than in the U.S. I believe Jaguar is trying to balance the product/offering to put it within reach of the greatest number of consumers and they have been thoughtful in designing their country specific product packages.

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Foosh (04-07-2015), Mulmur (04-11-2015)
Old 04-07-2015, 07:40 AM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Just for interest sake, what dealership have you ordered From?

Don

Old 04-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Default The Jaguar Customer Experience...

...leaves a lot to be desired.

No welcome kit,no sense of loyalty...certainly no attempt at brand retention.

I expected more from a luxury carmaker like Jaguar...

Old 04-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
...leaves a lot to be desired.

No welcome kit,no sense of loyalty...certainly no attempt at brand retention.

I expected more from a luxury carmaker like Jaguar...
We've "discussed" this before buickfunnycar and you and I - and others - are like minded when it comes to a simple (and in other marque cases, greater than simple) gesture on the part of a brand. A SMALL gesture often goes a long way.

I want to be clear here again (to ward off any misunderstandings): I LOVE my F-Type and have so far had a splendid relationship with my dealer. I have ZERO complaints in the 6 months I've had my V6S and would like to think that that will continue.

This [discussion] is simply a matter of NUMEROUS Forum members expressing their displeasure from the seemingly (I say this based on what I've been reading here) lack of customer service and attention. I have also mentioned that when I met the Head of Jaguar Sports Cars [F-Type] I was left with less than warm and fuzzy feelings (he knew I was flying to and from NYC, for the day, for the express purpose of checking out the F-Type and all he could give me was, "buy the car, you'll love it". He was right but to not provide the smallest of trinkets...that told me something then and there. It sounds like I'm bitching (and I guess I am) but that's not what I call good marketing.

And, it doesn't have to be that way! Then again, it is what it is (and Jaguar does risk alienating current and future owners at their own peril). Maybe not me and maybe not you but someone if not many.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 04-07-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 641 Likes on 410 Posts

The customer service side of things is what gets me the most. Never have I called a customer service line and not been allowed to speak with a manager when requesting one. The notion that I have to wait 24-48 business hours (which is now going on 49..) to be contacted by a manager when they have the time is insane. I shouldn't have to work around their schedule to find my lost car. It just seems like no one is motivated to help me.

If you know of anyone else I could talk to and voice these concerns, I'd love to hear about it.

The following users liked this post:
mawheele (04-13-2015)

Quick Reply: The Jaguar Customer Experience