F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Leasing Requirements

Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Leasing Requirements

Hello All,

As you can see I'm a newbie to the forum, however, am an avid Jaguar fan and am looking at leasing an F type Base coupe once I return my existing vehicle. Does anyone know which Bureau Jaguar pulls? I'm hoping to get some information and or opinions on my chances of actually getting approved for the lease: I would certainly appreciate any feedback (I did research some prior posts before posting but didn't really find what I was looking for.)

My FICO: 757
2 prior auto leases (no delinquencies)- no luxury vehicles (Acura ILX and a Juke).
CC Util: 18%
Income : Combined income of about 160k between my spouse and I (I am around 80,000).
Well established credit profile
D to I =

Old 09-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ftypefan
Hello All,

As you can see I'm a newbie to the forum, however, am an avid Jaguar fan and am looking at leasing an F type Base coupe once I return my existing vehicle. Does anyone know which Bureau Jaguar pulls? I'm hoping to get some information and or opinions on my chances of actually getting approved for the lease: I would certainly appreciate any feedback (I did research some prior posts before posting but didn't really find what I was looking for.)

2 prior auto leases (no delinquencies)- no luxury vehicles (Acura ILX and a Juke).
Income : Combined income of about 160k between my spouse and I (I am around 80,000).
D to I =
My dealer pulled Chase for my V8S. It almost wouldn't go through because I don't have a history of luxury-level payments (previous cars include a Lexus IS and a current Chevy Volt).

Old 09-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Not such which one they use, but they go through Chase for leasing (https://www.chase.com/business-banki...inancial-group) so you might try to call them to see if they can tell you.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 563 Likes on 382 Posts

You know - it's a scary thing when one of the keys to getting credit is to already be borrowing money.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ftypefan
Hello All,

D to I =
I can't imagine there being any issues with that profile as posted - these aren't really "luxury" level leases. Your FICO is easily enough to sail through provided there aren't any other showstoppers. They do, however, usually use "auto enhanced" score for auto financing which I understand place more emphasis on the performance of prior auto loans or leases than other other accounts.

Either way - I don't expect you'll have any issues.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 953 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
You know - it's a scary thing when one of the keys to getting credit is to already be borrowing money.
I was surprised to learn that it was a slight demerit to my credit score that I had no car payment because I'd paid off the previous car 3 1/2 years early. Go figure.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I was surprised to learn that it was a slight demerit to my credit score that I had no car payment because I'd paid off the previous car 3 1/2 years early. Go figure.
Yes, the credit rating system is illogical in some sense. Having significantly less debt can give you a worse credit rating, even if you have the same substantial assets. The system is weighted toward having debt and simply making all payments on time.

I was shocked some years ago, when I learned that my credit rating dropped because I cancelled 4-5 merchant credit cards that I never used and consolidated down to only 2 credit cards.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 AM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Yes, the credit rating system is illogical in some sense. Having significantly less debt can give you a worse credit rating, even if you have the same substantial assets. The system is weighted toward having debt and simply making all payments on time.

I was shocked some years ago, when I learned that my credit rating dropped because I cancelled 4-5 merchant credit cards that I never used and consolidated down to only 2 credit cards.
Canceling credit cards you don't use dings your credit. Because your available credit goes down. But it does go back up. Stupid I know. I've had several Visa cards drop me to lack of use. I use AMX 90% of the time for the rest I always have my bank debut card. I thought maybe I should use the others, just to keep them active, but then I thought screw it let them cancel. Having no credit card debts feels great!