F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the club

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Joining the club

Well, after browsing these forums for a few years now, I put my order in yesterday for a 2018 Convertible F Type R, have never done as much research on a car such as this one, and now can't wait.

They are telling me to plan for a March delivery. I put my $1,000 down at Stevens Creek Jaguar in San Jose, and now the excitement and wait begins.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their forum participation as it's made me that much more of an informed buyer, I feel like I know the car inside out as I've been reading all the posts for the last few years (Does Eventuri Intake work, what's different from MY 15 to 16 to 17 to 18, The awesome guys at VAP, etc. etc..)

I got this baby fully loaded (purchasing not leasing) with some features to share.

Yulong White
Black Suede Interior
Carbon Fiber Kit
Climate Package 2
Meridian System (Don't think I'll use it much)
Illuminated tread plate
Front Parking Aid
Park Assist

Can't wait to see some of you guy so the road! March can't come soon enough.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:39 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,064 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Welcome! Good luck maintaining your sanity for the next 4 months.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome aboard.

If you haven't already done so, have you specified the vision package, rear parking sensors (it beeps at you when you back out of a spot and someone is coming), and blind spot monitors? I love mine!

Old 11-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Terrific, welcome. Agree with Jagged Wire on options.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
Welcome aboard.

If you haven't already done so, have you specified the vision package, rear parking sensors (it beeps at you when you back out of a spot and someone is coming), and blind spot monitors? I love mine!
Rear parking sensors and "beeping at you when someone is coming" are separate things, the beeps are part of the "cross traffic detection" system (called reverse traffic detection in my Owner Handbook) which uses a combination of the external rear view mirrors, the rear parking sensors and the rear camera.
However on a brand new US market 2018 R I don't know what is or isn't included in the various packages such as the vision package so it's worth double-checking what you do and don't get with each package.

The following users liked this post:
Jagged Wire (11-14-2017)
Old 11-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Yup, I got this!

Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection

Blind Spot Monitor alerts you to vehicles in, or quickly approaching, your blind spot. When a vehicle is detected, a small warning light will illuminate in the corresponding Rearview mirror. If you indicate in the direction of the
obstacle, the warning light will flash to highlight potential danger. The Reverse Traffic Detection system uses
sensors in the rear of the car to help detect vehicles approaching from either direction while reversing. If a vehicle is
detected, then a warning graphic is displayed in the Touch-screen, as well as illuminating a flashing warning symbol within the door mirrors.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Ah the order waiting period! Sweet horrible torture. I look forward to your future posts lamenting hOw slow the winter is progressing. Then the posts about tracking the vin through production and then the slow boat across the pond..........then the wait while it's transported to your dealer and prepped for delivery......exquisite delight in the day of arrival.

Am I making it worse? Oops sorry! Welcome and I can't wait to see the pics.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:44 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

In the 2018 configurator, all those things are ala carte. I'm not sure how they do it in other countries. Anyway, be sure you've ticked all the boxes before its too late to make additions or changes.

Mine is a 2014. I sweethearted a copy of my invoice from the originating dealer. (I found out the originating dealer partly because the original owner did not delete her navigation destination history.)

All of the above goodies for 2014 were included in "Vision Pack 2."

Last edited by Jagged Wire; 11-10-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: grammar and punctuation, added content
Old 11-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you on the road!

Old 11-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

I’m sure you will use the Meridian sound system. There is nothing like motorvatin on a warm summer night with the top down blasting your favorite music through your 12 speaker system and not drawing any attention to your our your ride.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Well done, Karim, and Congratulations. Nice choices, and candidly I don't use the Meridian sound system much, prefering my own company, and the sounds I can produce with my Active Exhaust.
Welcome!

Old 11-13-2017, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts

I use the radio on Sirius alot to listen to sports and politics, simulcast of the networks. Listen to music on satellite so Meridan Surround fits the bill, and it gets loud enough with top down. Never had any of the problems they appear to be coupe only. In my wife's car it's all Iphone so she gets great sound!