F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low battery warning due to blackvue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low battery warning due to blackvue?

Hello all,

Long time lurker, but first time posting on this particular forum. Trying to get some help online!

Purchased a 65 plate V6S about a month ago.

Car had BlackVue 2ch camera with power magic pro and ghost 2 fitted on the same day a few weeks ago. Over the last 6 days I've had 3 low battery warnings on the dash which I'm finding concerning. Engine starts fine every time, door locking still working etc.

I think its probably down to the dash cam rather than the ghost. Not having any of the OBD problem signs either e.g. hazard light remaining on.

Power magic pro was set to 12v and infinity by the instlaler I believe, but getting hold of him is proving a real PITA.

Car is currently sat on drive with the warning but the dashcam is still happily recording away.

I'll take it out for a 30min spin later, but will the battery need re-charging?

Annoyed that I might have to turn the parking mode of the blackvue off if it is the culprit (likely), as this feature was one of the reasons for purchasing the damn thing!

I also noted that the recorded journeys in the app stopped working the first time the battery was low. Unsure if relevant?

Car is under the 1 year warranty, but not sure the dashcam + ghost have invalidated this.

Help and advice gretaly appreciated!

Old 10-31-2019, 04:21 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

I have a Blackvue front and rear, both connected to a battery. When driving, the car charges the Blackvue battery. When parked, that battery gives me about 20 hours of coverage. When the Blackvue battery runs out, the system shuts down. No drain at all on the car.
I would double check how the camera system as been installed.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul champagne
I have a Blackvue front and rear, both connected to a battery. When driving, the car charges the Blackvue battery. When parked, that battery gives me about 20 hours of coverage. When the Blackvue battery runs out, the system shuts down. No drain at all on the car.
I would double check how the camera system as been installed.
Install seems fine. PMP green light is on, changed the settings to 12.5v yday. Still waiting for it to cut power, car has been sat on drive ~ 18hrs now with the camera happily recording. No further low battery sign yet, but worried it'll appear tmrw. But hopeful the PMP will kick in before that...

Old 11-02-2019, 12:18 AM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Do you have the battery pack or just the power magic pro monitor?
I went with a Cellink NEO battery pack. My cameras never, ever tap power from the car.
If you have just the monitor, your cameras are pulling power from the car's battery with parked, up to a certain level, and then the monitor cuts the power. I simply didn't trust that.