F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M770 Stereo - Bass Vibration Identifed... Now to Fix...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default M770 Stereo - Bass Vibration Identifed... Now to Fix...

Ok, sad to say that I have never taken the time to identify where the annoying bass vibration that I have been hearing when listen to loud music and driving is coming from. The even worse part is that I have brought this to my Jaguar dealers attention twice and they clearly made no real effort to test and verify that they fixed the issue. Of course I left both times without verifying they fixed it. I did have a software update a year back that made a world of difference, but this did not address the bass vibration, my assumption was there were some loose wires and honesty I was not interested in having them tear apart the car.

Well today I actually took a look myself and guess what. The plastic cover on the subwoofer behind the drivers side is not clipped in properly on the left side. When I attempt to clip it in, the middle clip does not hold (it almost seem off on the size as in it bows the plastic). Clearly the dealer never looked. Not sure how to remove this without breaking the clips or using force. Any advice... Dealer is a good hour away and they will not to have the parts regardless.

Also does everyone else’s subwoofer cover have the shaded circles offset. Very strange looking to me? Picture should be rotated 90 degrees...

Cannot wait to properly crank this Stereo, it’s actually an awesome stereo...

Attached Thumbnails M770 Stereo - Bass Vibration Identifed... Now to Fix...-e51262b5-0be2-44bf-a1a1-14d2e684c8d1.jpeg  
Old 03-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

If you look in this forum for stereo upgrade planning thread, you will find photos of subwoofer speaker assembly. The two speakers are offset. Much experience on forum so someone should be able to answer your clip question.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Default Added Video - Please Help Identify Issue - for Bass Vibration

Ok, so I removed the subwoofer cover and still have an awful vibration when playing anything with some bass. I decided to attach a quick video. Sorry not much of an audio person, what do i need to do to fix .... does everyone have this issue or are these speakers this bad? Please watch and listen to video.

Thanks in advanced...

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0042Trim.mov (4.25 MB, 246 views)
Old 03-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Was the software update you had done per the Technical service bulletin posted in the stereo fixed thread on this forum? After my fixed I may get a buzz in the door speaker at some low frequencies occasionally.

That sounded like an Adele tune? Wouldn't think that would creat that buzzing noise. Not right for sure. I crank mine pretty loud after the fix.

Old 03-25-2018, 03:37 PM

I did have the fix from the technical bulletin applied, it made a huge difference. Yes it’s Adele - ‘When We Were Young’ and it is definitely not suppose to be like that.

If anyone can test same song, this one I really notice it buzzing/vibration a lot.

Thanks,

Old 03-25-2018, 09:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by thedude
Ok, so I removed the subwoofer cover and still have an awful vibration when playing anything with some bass. I decided to attach a quick video. Sorry not much of an audio person, what do i need to do to fix .... does everyone have this issue or are these speakers this bad? Please watch and listen to video.

Thanks in advanced...
I do not have this issue.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I did have the fix from the technical bulletin applied, it made a huge difference. Yes it’s Adele - ‘When We Were Young’ and it is definitely not suppose to be like that.

If anyone can test same song, this one I really notice it buzzing/vibration a lot.

Thanks,
My car is in with the dealer this week for exactly this issue. By pure coincidence I have asked them to test with the same Adele song. I will let you know how i get on and what they do to resolve (if they do at all)..

Old 03-26-2018, 07:47 PM

Thank you Daniel, please let me know what your dealers has to say, I have a 7:30 AM appointment on Friday with my dealer..

Old 03-26-2018, 09:57 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Luik
My car is in with the dealer this week for exactly this issue. By pure coincidence I have asked them to test with the same Adele song. I will let you know how i get on and what they do to resolve (if they do at all)..
Yep...I have the same issue. Thought it had something to do with switching to Dolby or other, still has the exact same problem.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:49 PM
Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I just got back from the dealer today. Glad I took a vacation day, they did tear apart the entire speaker system after applying the update which took 10 hours. Replaced subwoofer and found some loose trim clips. They also used sound/rattle insulating tape and some dynamat. I can actually hear different tones instead of the muddy mess I heard before. I have for the first time turned up my sub/bass levels in the EQ,

Old 03-27-2018, 02:50 AM

Thank you Daniel, please let me know what your dealers has to say, I have a 7:30 AM appointment on Friday with my dealer..
The original diagnosis for my car suggested the bulletin JTB00432v4 needs to be completed to resolve the vibration issues. I could not find the exact details of what is covered for v4 but I found an older version which states they pull the car apart and put anti vibration material and foam around wires etc. The challenge is my car is covered by the CPP extended warranty so I don't think the dealership want to do anything other that replace speakers. Lets see how this plays out as i will push for the complete bulletin to be completed :-)

PS if anyone has the full details of the work done for bulletin JTB00432v4 that would be great.

Many Thanks

Dan

Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 AM

The original diagnosis for my car suggested the bulletin JTB00432v4 needs to be completed to resolve the vibration issues. I could not find the exact details of what is covered for v4 but I found an older version which states they pull the car apart and put anti vibration material and foam around wires etc. The challenge is my car is covered by the CPP extended warranty so I don't think the dealership want to do anything other that replace speakers. Lets see how this plays out as i will push for the complete bulletin to be completed :-)

PS if anyone has the full details of the work done for bulletin JTB00432v4 that would be great.

Many Thanks

Dan
where do you find the bullitens . I called my dealer and they cannot find it specifically yours.
Thank you in advance

Old 03-27-2018, 11:59 AM

I think JLR can access them here. But, a bit backwards for you to provide your dealer with the link?

Home | TOPIx

Old 03-27-2018, 12:21 PM

Many Thanks

Dan
Ok....Jaguar returned my call and identified the bulletin. Car is scheduled for next week to service. They pretty much said it had to be insulated per the bulletin and covered under the ccp.Yes, the sytem sounds terrible and you cannot crank up the volume. Hope this is the fix before I bring it in for service.
Thanks to all for letting me know I had the problem.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Magical
Ok....Jaguar returned my call and identified the bulletin. Car is scheduled for next week to service. They pretty much said it had to be insulated per the bulletin and covered under the ccp.Yes, the sytem sounds terrible and you cannot crank up the volume. Hope this is the fix before I bring it in for service.
Thanks to all for letting me know I had the problem.
Hi Magical - Glad the info helped. Just to confirm your car is also outside of the standard 3 yr warranty and is now on the CPP approved extended warranty? This will help me if my dealer choose not to do the full bulletin! Also (if you don't mind) who is your dealer in case i need to book it in with them in the future lol! (FYI mine is a 2014 v6S).

Many Thanks

Dan

Old 03-27-2018, 05:07 PM

Hi Magical - Glad the info helped. Just to confirm your car is also outside of the standard 3 yr warranty and is now on the CPP approved extended warranty? This will help me if my dealer choose not to do the full bulletin! Also (if you don't mind) who is your dealer in case i need to book it in with them in the future lol! (FYI mine is a 2014 v6S).

Many Thanks

Dan
Hello Dan, I have to thank this forum for the info .and you.
I have a 2015 R. Just purchased in January this year with a Certified Pre-owned warranty good until 2020. Lest to say I have been infatuated more with driving so I did not have time to see flaws ( and I don't want to ).
After reading this problem on the forum I realized I had the same problem. Could not crank up the stereo and the Base vibrating .
Gave the dealership the bulletin from here ( JTB00432v4 ) . The reply was to bring the car in and they would have to insulate, and covered under the CPO warranty. My concern now is other threads state something about software updates that fix the problem. I have a week before before my appt. scheduled April 4th and tear my car apart !
I'm in USA Florida. I chose a dealership that I have seen others compliment their service and it's not to far from where I am at.

Jaguar Ft. Lauderdale 1-954-406-1917 www.http://jaguarftlauderdale.com

I waiting for others on the forum to let me know their findings before next week if I am on the wrong track !

Because your across the pond, I'm sure your dealership can communicate with mine.
Hope this helps.
Tom

Last edited by Magical; 03-27-2018 at 05:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Magical:
dmchao (03-27-2018), KarimEls (03-28-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 05:10 PM

I have a 2015 base. I had a software fix for the tweeters applied within 30 min and it did not rectify the problem. I had loose parts around the subwoofer causing mine, and the insulating tape fixed it. They will have to troubleshoot, that's the tech's job. I would hope that they take a look at the problem when they see it firsthand - I don't think you have too much to worry about. After the software update and the tape mine sounds a world of difference better. I am still thinking of updating my speakers myself, though.

The following users liked this post:
Magical (03-27-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:52 AM

Amazing...I have a sound system ! A shout out to Daniel Luik for the answer to the fix and dmchao were correct. The bulletin was correct ( JTB00432v4 )

The interior had to be taken apart because BOTH rear sub-woofers were blown, and insulate the door speakers and rear. Configured audio amp using IDS/SDD for the software update. Both doors and parcel shelf- verified fixed. Insulator sound kit T2R21163x4 Parts T2R10501 2- T2R21202 2-T2R21163 2-T2R21164
Supposedly , it took a some time for the software update to configure. Because I have the extended warranty until 2020, no charge with exceptional service.

And for ADELE- and Earth/Wind/and Fire, Chicago, Santana, she sounds great !

Old 04-06-2018, 02:50 PM

Awesome! They replaced my subwoofers too. It took 11 hours and I was glad I took a vacation day, even though I ended up doing work at the dealership to pass the time.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Magical
Amazing...I have a sound system ! A shout out to Daniel Luik for the answer to the fix and dmchao were correct. The bulletin was correct ( JTB00432v4 )

The interior had to be taken apart because BOTH rear sub-woofers were blown, and insulate the door speakers and rear. Configured audio amp using IDS/SDD for the software update. Both doors and parcel shelf- verified fixed. Insulator sound kit T2R21163x4 Parts T2R10501 2- T2R21202 2-T2R21163 2-T2R21164
Supposedly , it took a some time for the software update to configure. Because I have the extended warranty until 2020, no charge with exceptional service.

And for ADELE- and Earth/Wind/and Fire, Chicago, Santana, she sounds great !
The length of your warranty had nothing to do with how long it took to update your software. I just mine updated last weekend & it took just under an hour.

Quick Reply: M770 Stereo - Bass Vibration Identifed... Now to Fix...