F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New 2015 F-Type R Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My New 2015 F-Type R Coupe

Will post more pictures later. It was raining today.

Already made a couple of changes to stock.

- Wrapped the chrome trim around the window with 3M wrap.
- Obviously tinted the windows with 20%. Also need to tint the sunroof a couple of days later due to the amount of heat coming through.
- Purchased the Tornado Wheels for summer. Will use the stock wheels for winter.

DCmetro

Attached Thumbnails My New 2015 F-Type R Coupe-photo.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jleuz1 (07-06-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Stunningly beautiful!!!

Congrats,

Walt

Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful car. Why didn't you just purchase the black pack?

Old 07-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wowzers

She's gorgeous...... Heard she dusted the 911 Porsche?

Old 07-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Congrats! Beautiful car. Why didn't you just purchase the black pack?
Agreed, spend $100k on a car only to cover it with $20 worth of vinyl?

Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Italian Racing Red - nice choice. Congrats

Old 07-06-2014, 12:34 PM
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

congrats! Beautiful car. You'll enjoy it a lot!

Old 07-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Looks stunning...I'll be getting my windows tinted when it arrives too,but probably 30%.

I saw a Silver S coupe on the dealers lot yesterday with the black package and that was really the first time I could see what the window trim looked like,wasn't sure if it was truly gloss black or not and am happy that is is, looked beautiful against the paint,should look equally stunning against Polaris White!

Old 07-06-2014, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
Agreed, spend $100k on a car only to cover it with $20 worth of vinyl?
First, thanks to everyone for all of the nice comments. It's my first post here on the forum and I appreciate the warm welcome.

Of course we have the folks with constructive criticism. Well, I could have ordered the car and waited several months to get it with the only option that it didn't have, the black pack. Or I could buy the one that was on the lot and take it home the same day and cover it with $20 worth of 3M vinyl. Instant gratification. Plus the vinyl pack is $400, so i guess i saved $380 based on your math. I guess it's a win all the way around!

Old 07-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the new car. I have become interested in them since riding next to one on the highway recently. I couldn't take my eyes off it.
One question, how is the interior space? I'm a big guy. Do we fit? I fit pretty good in the XK. How does it compare?

Old 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
First, thanks to everyone for all of the nice comments. It's my first post here on the forum and I appreciate the warm welcome.

Of course we have the folks with constructive criticism. Well, I could have ordered the car and waited several months to get it with the only option that it didn't have, the black pack. Or I could buy the one that was on the lot and take it home the same day and cover it with $20 worth of 3M vinyl. Instant gratification. Plus the vinyl pack is $400, so i guess i saved $380 based on your math. I guess it's a win all the way around!
A little more classy to just buy the black back pieces individually and install those.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stohlen
A little more classy to just buy the black back pieces individually and install those.
Actually that's what I did for everything except the doors. The dealer stated that you cannot remove and replace the chrome around the doors, hence the wrap.

Believe me, you would never know that it is wrapped. LOL. you are killing me. I will resign to the fact that the car is not classy and should be valued at 65K due to the vinyl wrap. Haha

Old 07-06-2014, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ice350
Congrats on the new car. I have become interested in them since riding next to one on the highway recently. I couldn't take my eyes off it.
One question, how is the interior space? I'm a big guy. Do we fit? I fit pretty good in the XK. How does it compare?
It is pretty spacious believe it or not. I'm 6'0 / 180lbs and have plenty of room. Seats are super comfortable. The interior stitching looks amazing. As i mentioned before, you would definitely need to tint the sunroof. The heat coming through was pretty intense. I had to keep the shade closed until I put the film on.

Surprisingly, this is the best car i've owned. I had an M3 / C63 AMG / Nissan GTR, but the F-Type R is by far the most fun. The sound of the exhaust is worth the price alone.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Looks stunning...I'll be getting my windows tinted when it arrives too,but probably 30%.

I saw a Silver S coupe on the dealers lot yesterday with the black package and that was really the first time I could see what the window trim looked like,wasn't sure if it was truly gloss black or not and am happy that is is, looked beautiful against the paint,should look equally stunning against Polaris White!
I was really interested in the white as well. I've never owned a red car, but the italian racing red looks amazing. I think Polaris White is going to look sick.

The following users liked this post:
buickfunnycar.com (07-07-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Received 4,181 Likes on 3,644 Posts

dcmetro - gorgeous car and welcome to the forum. when you have a minute please stop by the New Member area and post an intro

New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 07-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Actually that's what I did for everything except the doors. The dealer stated that you cannot remove and replace the chrome around the doors, hence the wrap.

Believe me, you would never know that it is wrapped. LOL. you are killing me. I will resign to the fact that the car is not classy and should be valued at 65K due to the vinyl wrap. Haha
Well if you bought everything else, how'd you save the $380?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dremorg
Well if you bought everything else, how'd you save the $380?
Everything else was already black except the front grille surround (which is still chrome) and the side power vents (which I purchased and had installed for $150 at the dealership). My point was never about the money. The 3M wrap was way more than $20, so the $380 savings is not accurate. I was being sarcastic.

I guess my point is: this car had everything that I wanted sans the black pack. If I use 3M vinyl wrap around the windows, does it make the car a POS. Maybe for some, but I can overlook it.

I'm going to upload some pics and a video later on and you can decide.

Definitely feeling the warm welcome.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sklimii
dcmetro - gorgeous car and welcome to the forum. when you have a minute please stop by the New Member area and post an intro

New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Will do. Thank you!

Old 07-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Everything else was already black except the front grille surround (which is still chrome) and the side power vents (which I purchased and had installed for $150 at the dealership). My point was never about the money. The 3M wrap was way more than $20, so the $380 savings is not accurate. I was being sarcastic.

I guess my point is: this car had everything that I wanted sans the black pack. If I use 3M vinyl wrap around the windows, does it make the car a POS. Maybe for some, but I can overlook it.

I'm going to upload some pics and a video later on and you can decide.

Definitely feeling the warm welcome.
Not trying to diss you bro. How could I not like your ride? I'm buying the same car.

Quick Reply: My New 2015 F-Type R Coupe