F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F-type owner here, wanted to thank everyone here

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New F-type owner here, wanted to thank everyone here

I've been browsing this forum almost every day for the last 6 months to confirm what my heart knew...that I wanted to be an F-type owner. First time I saw the F-type convertible, I fell in love. Then I saw the coupe, and fell in love again. Coming from a 911 carrera I wanted something that not only would be fun to drive but beautiful to look at, and I definitely get both with the f-type.

After 5 hours at the dealership yesterday, wavering between an IRR convertible and polaris white coupe, I went with the 2016 polaris white v6s coupe. I don't think I would have made a decision to get the f-type if it weren't for the people here who provided honest feedback. So I wanted to say thanks for making it possible.

After I woke up this morning I checked my phone's In Control app to make sure I actually didn't dream yesterday and the car was actually in my garage, LOL.

The following users liked this post:
F-TypeRookie (07-12-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

congrats. white coupes are of course the best

Old 07-13-2015, 02:07 AM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Congrats on the new car! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The F-Type is not as much of a track car as the 911, but I found the F-Type to be much more fun to drive on the street, and it sounds so much better.

I agree with shift that [polaris] white is the best... though I personally think he's a bit confused on the coupe vs convertible part.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:15 AM
Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm terribly sorry to hear you have made such a terrible mistake.

The IRR convertible would have been the much better choice :-)

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Old 07-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Awesome and congrats! I know you will greatly enjoy that car. I have a V6S myself and love it.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Oh cool. Another OC member! I'm in Irvine.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
Oh cool. Another OC member! I'm in Irvine.
you go to cars and coffee in Irvine? I'm in Mission Viejo.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I'm terribly sorry to hear you have made such a terrible mistake.

The IRR convertible would have been the much better choice :-)

Congratulations and welcome to the club.
It really was a hard choice, I spent almost the entire day at the dealership. The problem is that the F-type looks good in every color. It really came down to going with the coupe over convertible rather than picking one color over another.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by oclakerfan
you go to cars and coffee in Irvine? I'm in Mission Viejo.
Cars and Coffee has been discontinued in Irvine. It recently just started picking up in Aliso Viejo.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. As another white coupe owner I had the same dilemma. Had a choice between IRR and Polaris white and as soon as I saw them in the flesh it had to be white.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by 115sf
Congrats. As another white coupe owner I had the same dilemma. Had a choice between IRR and Polaris white and as soon as I saw them in the flesh it had to be white.
I had always been a hard-core, will never buy a white car person, and never have until the F-Type. I was never drawn to all the photos of white F-Types. I visited dealers full intending to try to negotiate a deal on any of the other colors, either V6 or V8S convertibles.

The last thing I expected was to be blown away by how good it looked in person, and it quickly rose from last to my first choice. I still prefer it over all the others, but I'm constantly tempted by IRR. I don't know why, but Polaris White does look so much better in the flesh, perhaps because it accentuates all the beautiful lines of the car in all types of lighting conditions.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats from another 2016 Polaris White coupe S owner! I definitely agree that white compliments the lines of the car beautifully.

Old 07-14-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Foosh
I had always been a hard-core, will never buy a white car person, and never have until the F-Type. I was never drawn to all the photos of white F-Types. I visited dealers full intending to try to negotiate a deal on any of the other colors, either V6 or V8S convertibles.

The last thing I expected was to be blown away by how good it looked in person, and it quickly rose from last to my first choice. I still prefer it over all the others, but I'm constantly tempted by IRR. I don't know why, but Polaris White does look so much better in the flesh, perhaps because it accentuates all the beautiful lines of the car in all types of lighting conditions.
IRR calls to me as well. If I had the option to go with IRR I might have done so, but I agree that Polaris White looks amazing in person and I'm not unhappy with my choice. If I get bored with white or otherwise change my mind in the future, I can always just wrap the car in IRR or something similar down the road.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up Congratulations...

Originally Posted by oclakerfan
It really came down to going with the coupe over convertible...
Well that would have taken all of 5 seconds for me...and trust me when I say you made the right choice...because the coupe styling is stunning!

Old 07-14-2015, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Well that would have taken all of 5 seconds for me...and trust me when I say you made the right choice...because the coupe styling is stunning!
I think they are both stunning in their own ways.

I really appreciate the curves and lines of the coupe. If I hadn't set my mind to getting a convertible before I started car shopping I might have gone that way. My wife also agreed that the coupe is a looker to be sure.

IMO, the convertible with the top up isn't as pleasing to the eye as the coupe, however once you put the top down it takes your breath away just as much as the coupe. I get plenty of people stopping to ask me about the car and complimenting its beauty. With the top up or down.

You can't really go wrong with either choice. It really depends on how you intend to use the car. Personally, I wanted the convertible since that provides the option to drive with the top down, which is an altogether pleasant experience.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
I think they are both stunning in their own ways.

I really appreciate the curves and lines of the coupe. If I hadn't set my mind to getting a convertible before I started car shopping I might have gone that way. My wife also agreed that the coupe is a looker to be sure.

IMO, the convertible with the top up isn't as pleasing to the eye as the coupe, however once you put the top down it takes your breath away just as much as the coupe. I get plenty of people stopping to ask me about the car and complimenting its beauty. With the top up or down.

You can't really go wrong with either choice. It really depends on how you intend to use the car. Personally, I wanted the convertible since that provides the option to drive with the top down, which is an altogether pleasant experience.
+1

It's interesting how such strong preferences develop and how different they can be. It's also a very good thing that everyone doesn't like the same things or the world would be a much bigger mess than it is now.

My strong preference for convertibles developed in my childhood. Since my 20's, I've never been without a convertible. I never considered the coupe and still wouldn't buy one. To me, this car screams rag-top roadster, and I thought the E-Type was much hotter as a convertible as well. However, I do think the F-Type coupe is more attractive than its predecessor.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
IMO, the convertible with the top up isn't as pleasing to the eye as the coupe, however once you put the top down it takes your breath away just as much as the coupe.
+2.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts

Well I do have a roadster with no windows at my disposal 365/24/7 so I guess I am a bit biased but...the very first time I ever saw a coupe in print,I really didn't know what it was...but I knew I had to have it.

Never even noticed the 'vert version so I guess it is different strokes for different folks.