NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

wrong post

Old 04-09-2019, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vishnu Sethu
Extremely disappointed that I couldn’t make the event. Seems like everyone had a great time. Pics look awesome! I was waiting patiently all day today for my new F-TYPE 400 Sport to get delivered after trading in my base F-TYPE that was a few years old. Either way I now have the car in hand and hope to make it out to a future event. Cheers!
Hello neighbor, sort of. Wish I had gone.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
Hello neighbor, sort of. Wish I had gone.
In Sonoma County as well? Howdy

Old 04-09-2019, 10:22 AM

In Sonoma County as well? Howdy
Yes, north of Petaluma.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:24 AM
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Wire
Yes, north of Petaluma.
Nice, I'm up here in Santa Rosa, small world

Old 04-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice, I'm up here in Santa Rosa, small world
Vishnu Sethu, sorry that your F-Type's delivery timing didn't allow you to attend. Jagged Wire, we've got you bracketed to the south here in Petaluma.

It was a great event, thanks again to Vik for organizing. Uncle Fishbits and Gas Cat are already talking about the next event, here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...circus-216083/. Hope to see you both at that one!

Tom (& Trish)

Old 04-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

I saw two white F-Types in the Sonoma Valley that were not part of the group. One at the county airport when i was on my way, and one going North when we were heading South towards home.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I saw two white F-Types in the Sonoma Valley that were not part of the group. One at the county airport when i was on my way, and one going North when we were heading South towards home.
I cannot imagine being in my beloved car, and seeing a bunch of us zooming by, waving... Admittedly, i am astonished when people are detached enough from their vehicle that they're not on forums... But man, I would feel like I wasn't in the club! I bet I would have turned around and started following us. LOL

I saw that guy's face, on the way out on Arnold.... he looked happy but confused.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek

The mighty Glory Hole.

I can't even look at it. Welcome to three of my favorite phobias:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thalassophobia/
https://www.reddit.com/r/submechanophobia/
https://www.reddit.com/r/trypophobia/

Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I suspect I'm not the first to say this, but you've got issues.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

I suspect I'm not the first to say this, but you've got issues.
All I wanted was a pepsi, and they wouldn't give it to me.
(That might be obscure, but it's a band called Suicidal Tendencies and a song called Institutionalized)
I more into rare groove soul jazz and Italian lounge now.... but the song is apropos. =)

Old 04-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
All I wanted was a pepsi, and they wouldn't give it to me.
(That might be obscure, but it's a band called Suicidal Tendencies and a song called Institutionalized)
I more into rare groove soul jazz and Italian lounge now.... but the song is apropos. =)
Not obscure at all. It's pretty classic thrash. It's even on the soundtrack for "Repo Man." Check out the Body Count cover. It's much better than the ST remake, which lacked the emotion of their own original. I'm not even sure why they did it.

Really not sure about Italian lounge music though. That might just do me in.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

That might just do me in.
Repo Man is an absolute treasure.
Reminds me of that film "Suburbia" from back in the day. Obviously some older punks up in this thread. =)
I was a Dead Kennedy / Operation Ivy type. More NorCal than SoCal, but I celebrate all of it. The Clash was a happy place, as well.

But, I'm literally a DJ. I only spin wax, and have a collection of 1000+ records.
https://www.mixcloud.com/DJFishbits/...?order=popular

If you can't GT cruise to this mix, I don't know what's up with you: https://www.mixcloud.com/DJFishbits/...ounge-grooves/
If that's too mellow, this is a psychedelic italian lounge mix: https://www.mixcloud.com/DJFishbits/...n-lounge-jazz/

If you need modern driving music:
Starts with Tom Waits waxing on cars, then into IDM: https://www.mixcloud.com/DJFishbits/...-midtempo-edm/
This one starts with a pretty fierce feedback crescendo, but past the minute mark it settles down: https://www.mixcloud.com/DJFishbits/...ime-doubly-so/

There's afrobeat, there's soul and funk, hip hop... I've got something for everyone. =)

Old 04-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 528 Likes on 344 Posts

Institutionalized was one of the songs that got me through High School, Along with Add it Up by Violent Femmes and Parental Guidance by Judas Priest, In my freshman year of college, Dyer's Eve by Metallica hit the spot.

Yes, I was an angst filled kid. Kinda a rebel without a clue. I got a letter from my father, a retired Colonel, that stated the following:
It has been quite some time since I have commented about your appearance; however, I feel I would be remiss if I did not once again address the issue. You have chosen a hair color that is incompatible with your natural complexion and gives you the resemblance of someone who is on the lam and has neither the time nor the money for a proper disguise. When one is young, twenty-one or so, such things are written off as the frivolities of youth. As one gets older, this is indicative of a serious problem
You seem to be rebelling against something and I cannot for the life of me figure out what that is. You do not seem to take issue with my chosen professions and if I had your personality, I would have retired as a General.
It went on. Suffice it to say, the upbringing in my house was strict. At the same time, it laid down a solid foundation for me. My father and I get along quite well now and we even took a drive together up the coast in his XK8 vert.

It does explain my early musical taste, but on that road trip, we listened to Marty Robbins.

Gas Cat (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Institutionalized was
This story is precisely why I enjoy the internet and what I come for. Thanks for telling it. Fantastic. I felt like I just went on a lifetime of roller coaster emotions. LOL

Old 06-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Received 77 Likes on 49 Posts

So when's the next meet? I picked up my F-Type just a couple weeks too late for this one.

The following 2 users liked this post by fuzzysquid:
STMPY (06-06-2019), Uncle Fishbits (08-09-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

I couldn't find the other thread about this... so.. here we go! I've plans to go (but I love cancelling plans) to the West of the West Wine Festival, 17th August. Saturday.

It's midday, it's AMAZING. For the last decade, along with many others, I've been steeped in Willamette Valley Pinots, because they're more Burgundian than Sonoma Valley sugar / alcohol bombs. I always thought it was inappropriate that Sonoma Coast and Sonoma Valley were lumped together, and voila, Sonoma Coast finally got a main AVA designation this year. As it happens, I think Willamette Valley and Sonoma Coast will now begin to battle for the great American pinots, and as much as I love Willamette Valley, have a hotel there, have made wine there.... Sonoma Coast is amazing. And there's never enough allotment, it's spendy, etc.

Well, this festival is a tasting of some very fine family's humble juices, and a lot of my favorites are there that day: Hirsch, Peay, Gros Ventre, Littorai, Flowers, Occidental, etc.

It's in Occidental, approx 1h45m or so from Tiburon. My wife is out of town, and I am footloose and fancy free, in the sense that it should be a perfect day for a drive. If others chose to go, I would definitely be all in. Not sure sleepy winemakers and sleepy towns want our kind roaring around, but if we behave ourselves they'll likely be happy. =)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/west-of...ts-62951668134

fuzzysquid (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This does sounds like a great event, Uncle F. I’m actually in Orinda and will try and see whether I can make that work. I won’t be footloose and fancy free, so there may be two of us on this venture. Great idea.

Uncle Fishbits (08-09-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And speaking of Orinda, for those NorCal residents in the Bay Area, the Orinda Car Show takes place on Saturday, September 7. There are always plenty of Jags represented. This year I entered my FT so I could hang out with my buddy and his AM. It’s a lot of fun and I’m sure the organizers would be thrilled to get more Jags and FTs.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice go, Fishbits! Keeping it going towards an EVENT. I'll be eager to see details emerge, starting points, routes etc. Some of those who couldn't go last time, may be able to join in.
Doc

Quick Reply: NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon