F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon

Old 03-13-2019, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 528 Likes on 344 Posts
Default NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon

Alright, interest is here and the date is in ink. I'm creating this thread to concentrate on this one event.

Noon, Saturday April 6.

VALLEY OF THE MOON | WINES CRAFTED IN SONOMA VALLEY

I'm setting it up for wine and cheese. They'll have an area for us to park and a photographer from Oxymoron Photography to take a group shot.

People in the Sacramento area can meet up at the Chevron on 80 and West El Camino to head over thereI need a firm count. Who's in?

Please reply with how many you are coming with and whether or not you are interested in a pre/post event drive.

So far I have:

eeeeek - Loomis
GasCat & MomCat - Marin
GreggM - Los Gatos (how ironic)
Gregg Hill & possible +1 - Rocklin
Sonoman & wife - Sonoma
16fnrbrg

Possible:
Jaggyx - SF Bay
Misujerr

Rock Star drive by:
lizzardo

Last edited by eeeeek; 03-13-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

I may bring along a buddy with an AM Vantage. After all, it's basically a lower hp F-Type, right?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Confirming attendance for GASCAT and spouse (MOMCAT).
We are in Marin and would be interested in a pre/post drive.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Still likely for me, not sure yet about the bride. Will meet up with you along your route after you leave Sac Chevron.
Doc

Old 03-13-2019, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Gas Cat... We can start out in the same place. I might mention to other FT I see around town, even. But I know you need a solid count!
Count Fishbits and Wife in.
(and EEEeeeeek - you don't need to post the link in that other thread... found you!)

Old 03-13-2019, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 953 Likes on 714 Posts

I'm still trying to figure logistics. I had hoped to drive through Marin/Sonoma counties to get there and then venture farther for an overnighter, but the wedding celebration plans that sprung up put the kibosh on that. I need to be back in the 'hood for that and am trying to determine how old I really am, i.e. how long a day I can plan that ends with those festivities. "Rock Star drive by" remains a possibility, but I'd really like to do both events.

For the Marin/Sonoma people, do you have a route? I was initially thinking to drive from the (east) East Bay and wend my way either over Mt. Tam or up 1, or Lucas Valley Ranch Rd. but passing through Nicasio either in or out, and ending up at the event. My original plan was to then head further north, perhaps as far as Ft. Bragg for the night, and take the whole next day to get home. Another time ...

Old 03-14-2019, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

Well, shoot...my Edit button is gone...trying to update the list. Just checked and I can edit this one.

MODS: Can you set it so I can edit the first post in the thread with who is in?

Old 03-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Well, shoot...my Edit button is gone...trying to update the list. Just checked and I can edit this one.

MODS: Can you set it so I can edit the first post in the thread with who is in?
Edit button goes away after 24hrs. Your best bet is to copy the list and paste into a new post.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m planning on attending the event. Thanks for organizing it.

I’ll be there with my wife and my 2016 White 2016 S convertible

Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 AM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

Hopefully we will be attending the event. I will not know for sure until Wednesday as there may be a conflict. Eeeek, if we do, maybe we can meet up in GB and head down to Sacramento?

Dave

Old 03-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tahoe Dave
Hopefully we will be attending the event. I will not know for sure until Wednesday as there may be a conflict. Eeeek, if we do, maybe we can meet up in GB and head down to Sacramento?

Dave
Works for me. I'll probably leave a little early so I can ensure that everything is good to go at the destination. I may also drop by a couple of my hidden gem wineries on the Silverado trail to pickup some shipments, but I'll likely do that on the way home.

Last edited by eeeeek; 03-18-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:20 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Shaping up nicely! Have you decided, eeeek, the route after leaving Sacto?

Old 03-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Depending on traffic, from Sac to Winters via either Davis or Woodland. From there, 128 to Rutherford (maybe a quick stop at the Glory Hole along the way). Oakville Grade/Dry Creek to 12 and then we're there. With no stops, that's roughly 2 hours from the Sacramento meet-up spot. Rolling at 9:30 should get us there with enough wiggle room.

At this point, it might be handy to include names with screen names, or that can be sorted out at the event.

My name is Vik.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member

Works for me. I'll probably leave a little early so I can ensure that everything is good to go at the destination. I may also drop by a couple of my hidden gem wineries on the Silverado trail to pickup some shipments, but I'll likely do that on the way home.
Everyone should take the opportunity to get away from commercial wineries and the mistaken pretension of Napa Valley, and go visit smaller, family run vineyards who are basically just farmers making juice.
I've made a map to help.... I've also a sonoma coast one in light of their new AVA. I assume Fort-Ross Seaview will become a sub-AVA, but it's stellar because a Sonoma Coast Pinot rivals Willamette Valley, and is way more Burgundian-expression than the alcohol bombs of Sonoma Valley or Napa County. When that new AVA is greenlit, it's going to cause a rush to the greatest Pinot fight ever, Sonoma Coast vs Willamette Valley.

Also, randomly.... I've hotels in both Napa Valley (2) and Willamette Valley (1), so let me know when anyone would like to visit. Willamette Valley is as sophisticated in luxury at about 1/2 the cost, so there's that. But let me know you travelers and wanderers! We're also in SF, Sausalito, & Silicon Valley. Not self-pitching as much as offering a place to lay your head when needed.

But here's the small family winery map of Napa that I made!
Small Family Wineries in Napa Valley Region -
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...7U&usp=sharing

The following users liked this post:
Misujerr (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

Pretty sure I'm in but might not know til that week. Thanks for the map Uncle!
If there are any south bay folks going, we should meet for the drive up!

Old 03-19-2019, 10:33 PM

Uncle Fish...
Sounds good. Do you have a route in mind? Maybe a diversion through W. Marin?
Will you have the 2019 edition?

Old 03-20-2019, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

At this point, it might be handy to include names with screen names, or that can be sorted out at the event.
My name is Vik.
Wait, you guys didn't use real names as your handles?

Old 03-20-2019, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gas Cat
Uncle Fish...
Sounds good. Do you have a route in mind? Maybe a diversion through W. Marin?
Will you have the 2019 edition?
Ok... so I am nervous. My 2019 is waiting for a wrap, post a bunch of random things they did in switching stuff from my 2016, like my short shifter, wheels, etc.
They've had the car a month, today. It was a full wrap, flat bottom wheel swap out, wheels swap out + reconditioning + new tires, swap of the short shifter, and some other minor things where they were waiting for stuff to come in, aka a dumb umbrella holder I asked for. LOL But it's been a month and the XPEL wrap stuff was backordered, and that's what I am waiting on.

BUT MAN.... the idea it wouldn't be ready is dumb. I am too patient with my dealer, I think. But it could be finished any day. I can't imagine how frustrating putting a wrap on, is.

SO YES... that 2019 should be road worthy by that date. Otherwise, I am joining in a 1995 Wrangler. lol

As to your question, YES. Depending on timing, I would say Lucas Valley Road, hang a right at Nicasio Reservoir, head north to Petaluma, and across the 116? So PRETTY. And the moment I get the call about the car being done, I am driving to Pt Reyes Station. Or Tahoe. Without notifying a soul. I have been w/o the 2016 for a month, so I am going to freak out when I get it.
https://goo.gl/maps/QMGZRcR5hJ52

Misujerr (03-23-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 953 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Wait, you guys didn't use real names as your handles?
Apparently some don't. They obviously have something to hide.

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
As to your question, YES. Depending on timing, I would say Lucas Valley Road, hang a right at Nicasio Reservoir, head north to Petaluma, and across the 116? So PRETTY. And the moment I get the call about the car being done, I am driving to Pt Reyes Station. Or Tahoe. Without notifying a soul. I have been w/o the 2016 for a month, so I am going to freak out when I get it.
I was thinking through Nicasio one way or another. There are several. Lucas Valley Rd. is one of my favorites. Pt. Reyes Station is also a treat. Cowgirl Creamery even has a store there (that also sells wine, including local stuff) so you can get picnic provisions. And yes, this time of year is beautiful.

Uncle Fishbits (03-20-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 01:06 PM

I’ve recently traded Lucas Valley Rd for San Antonio Rd. It was just too crowded on Lucas Valley - almost a commuter route. But whatever works for you I’m good with. You may know that CHP has been setting up enforcement zones for speed by schools out there (which is a good thing) but just be aware - those schools come up quickly (no , I didn’t get nailed - they posted on their Twitter).

Uncle Fishbits (03-20-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NorCal F-Type Meet, Sat. April 6, Noon