Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
I have just noticed something odd going on with my audio when playing from the XM source and thought I'd put this out there to see if anyone else has noticed this as well.

I'm not sure if there is a problem with my satellite receiver or antenna or something, but I recently started noticing that the XM radio signal will drop out for a few seconds at a time every few minutes (and sometimes more frequently.) I'm accustomed to dropouts happening while driving under obstructions, but this is happening while out in the open as well. If I'm looking at the radio when this happens, the display says its looking for the signal, so I know it is not just an audio drop out.

I don't listen to the radio on the Jag that often since I often have the radio off or I'm listening to music from my phone, but I have XM in all my cars and I've never seen this kind of behavior before. I don't recall this happening before... it seems to be a recent thing.

I have not noticed it happening when the car isn't moving (not that I've paid terribly close attention), so I'm wondering if there is an intermittent connection on the satellite antenna or something. Anyone have an idea where that antenna connection is on the convertible so I can do some DIY investigation? Right now it is not worth the time to take it into the dealership just to check on the radio unless it may be a symptom of a larger issue.
I've experienced the momentary drop-out of the Sirius/XM signal on more than a dozen vehicles since sat radio went operational. Keep in mind, that these satellites may be as little as 20º above the horizon, and the further north you are, the smaller the angle between you and the satellite. Some vehicles are worse than others depending upon where the antenna is mounted. Thus a small tree, hill or even a house could block your signal momentarily. See the satellite chart below:

WHAT'S UP IN THE SKY? XM and Sirius satellites

Last edited by Foosh; 09-24-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I note your comments and would be more than happy to assist should you kindly PM me with the following details:

Your full name
Telephone number
Email address
Vehicle registration
Last 6 of VIN
Relevant Jaguar retailer

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Hannah

The following users liked this post:
BMo (10-27-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear deck lid carpet separation

I'm in Illinois and I have a 2015 R coupe. Came out of work and found that the carpet on the rear deck cover had separated from the plastic top piece. Glue failure when the outside temp was around 90F. Dealer applied a new adhesive per a Jaguar technical note. Haven't had a problem since.

Attached Thumbnails Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues-image.jpeg  
Old 10-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Same thing happened to my parcel shelf, 3 times!!!
They reglued it twice and the 3rd time i said i wanted a new one, my dealer spoke to jag and they said yes, no problem since.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts
Default "Manual Shift Disabled"

Shown on the information screen in the instrument cluster.

As it says, paddle shifting and sequential shifting using the selector not working.

Full auto, Sport and Dynamic all working as expected.

Local dealership say it's okay to drive. Hopefully this is so?

I've also had several instances of the message: "Low Battery - Please Start Engine" on entering the car on the infotainment screen over the last month, even though the car is used 3 days each week.

At about the same time as the Manual Shift was Disabled, I got a message that read: "Energy Management" on the infotainment screen.

Are these related to the shifting problem?

The local dealership have suggested connecting a battery charger to the big battery in the boot. It's been slow charging for 4 hours now (tailgate open, battery +ve disconnected), and the charger still thinks it's nearly flat.

Suggestions?

Old 12-15-2015, 10:53 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,068 Likes on 1,373 Posts

As you know, these cars are very sensitive to low voltage. Charge it for a while, or just try a new battery.

Old 12-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Perhaps related:
My battery would lose sufficient charge overnight to cause the low battery warning in the morning. If left to sit for few days (but less than a week) the battery would be totally dead (no lights, no locks,...). When I took it to the dealer, they claimed everything checked out, and it did indeed. But I've noticed that after each time it's been on the dyno, the system goes wonky again. Then it won't hold an overnight charge until I disconnect the battery ground for a minute or two, and then all is right again.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Hmm... Battery now recharged, but Manual Shift still disabled...

Old 12-16-2015, 06:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by F-typical
Hmm... Battery now recharged, but Manual Shift still disabled...
Sounds like a software re-flash may be required to restore lost programming.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Just experienced a strange issue with my 2016 F-type V6 base (manual transmission). I pushed the unlock button on the fob, the handles and mirror both extended out but the locking mechanism on the door did not. I pulled on the handle -- it wouldn't open. I walked around to the passenger side,and it too had the handle out but the door would not open.

i tried locking and opening again via the fob. No change -- same issue.

Tried again -- same issue.

Stared at the car and wondered what the heck was going on... must have sat in disbelief for about a minute.

Tried the fob again -- door handle was protruding -- and worked. ???

Anyone else ever have this issue? I tried a few searches on the forum and didn't come across anything....

Old 01-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Anyone else ever have this issue? I tried a few searches on the forum and didn't come across anything....
The only similar issue I had (about 2 months ago) was the rear hatch would not close (with button or remote). I had to close the hatch manually and everything has worked normally since.

Old 01-04-2016, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Just experienced a strange issue with my 2016 F-type V6 base (manual transmission). I pushed the unlock button on the fob, the handles and mirror both extended out but the locking mechanism on the door did not. I pulled on the handle -- it wouldn't open. I walked around to the passenger side,and it too had the handle out but the door would not open.

i tried locking and opening again via the fob. No change -- same issue.

Tried again -- same issue.

Stared at the car and wondered what the heck was going on... must have sat in disbelief for about a minute.

Tried the fob again -- door handle was protruding -- and worked. ???

I didn't have this problem on my 15 F-type S, but just had this on the 14 XJL Portfolio. Door wouldn't open from the inside, and handle on the outside stuck in "pulled out" mode. The temps dropped approx. 30 degrees in 24 hours, and it rained prior to. I assumed that it was "frozen" which created the problem, however it hasn't happened since then. Was this a similar scenario for you possibly? Besides this isn't like my 1972 Fiat 128, whereby I would come out of a movie and have to use a cigarette lighter to thaw out the lock mechanism so that the key could go into it and open the lock :-(! That was a mess, but along the same lines, the cold plays serious games on these cars sometimes. Just a guess/hunch, being that you live in Toronto area.

Old 01-16-2016, 12:25 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

anyone still having issues filling up fuel after the dealer fix? I noticed it still happens to some gas stations, for me the Mobil gas station near by my house.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TwiztOG43
anyone still having issues filling up fuel after the dealer fix? I noticed it still happens to some gas stations, for me the Mobil gas station near by my house.
I have only had a single premature shut-off since the fix 4 months ago, but the nozzles in CA are far more sensitive than anywhere else.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

Just filled up for the first time after the fix and it filled all the way, hands off.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:24 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
Just filled up for the first time after the fix and it filled all the way, hands off.
I tried again at a different Mobil gas station. It clicked every second. I couldn't fill up a gallon without constant clicking. Tried all the tricks, filling up upside down, to the side, nothing worked. Left and went to a 76 station.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:14 PM
BMo
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

No problems w/ fill ups in Oregon

Old 03-10-2016, 05:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F-TYPE-S
Hi All,
Just picked my new F Types S Coupe, and I can't start to say how much I love it. It looks better than any photo I've seen and drives beautifully. However, there are a two main issues that are of concern, and both relate to panel fit.
1. The bottom edge of the doors sticks out almost 10 mm when it should be flush with the body of the car.
2. The gaps around the bonnet are not even.
Am I being too fussy or should I expect more from a car that in Australia just cost me over $200k. I would appreciate any feedback or advice regarding these issues.
I have a 2013 V6 S convertible and noticed the same thing with the base of the doors.

Old 03-10-2016, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ftype_melb
I have a 2013 V6 S convertible and noticed the same thing with the base of the doors.
Still under warranty. Have the dealer adjust the doors properly.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would advise anyone thinking about buying an F Type to think long and hard.Im in the motor trade and hear many stories plus saw two at side of the road broken down in the last three days.As for me I had one for a year and experienced numerous problems and in UK poor dealer service.Now have an M5 which is so much better built and quicker.Yes its a different kind of car but new grandchild also forced sale of the worst car Ive ever owned

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues