F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordered mine last week

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up ordered mine last week

Hey guys...thought I would share my ordering experience on the new F Type. I went to the dealership 2 weeks ago and ordered my black F Type V8S and getting rid of my beautiful 08 XK. This baby has alot of options even in the top line model. I am getting mine in ultimate black with black pack, vision pack, design pack, extended leather, upgraded audio, redzone seatbelts with red performance seats, black tornado 20" wheels, red calipers and illuminated door sills. The options can be ordered individually but I went with all the packs since my intention was to get a fully loaded car. Full msrp is 110k on the car. Yikes! That was bigger than I expected but I absolutely love the car. For a frame of reference, the V6S, fully tricked out came to 102k so its not a huge difference, this car is not competing with the Boxster/Cayman at those prices and I don't think that was the intention...My dealer told me that the V8 has been compared very favorably to a 911 turbo, saying its been kicking its a** in tests they have conducted. If that is true, the car is alot cheaper than a comp equipped 911 Turbo. My car is being built in May, completed and shipped in late June...arrives at the dealer July 27th once through customs They were only given a 5 car allotment to build to their specs so I feel fortunate to have gotten my order as I wanted. I expect this car to be a rocket, extremely rare and unique. Can't wait.

The following users liked this post:
KarimEls (12-05-2018)
Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Awesome, look forward to see pictures reading your impressions.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Congratulations!

The car is an absolute masterpiece.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

Congrats man, optioned out no less, what a dream!

Although I would disagree with it not competing with the cayman/boxster at that price; have you ever priced out a boxster? Check every option on the list and you can easily spec one out to well over 100k!

SocalJag (02-26-2013)
Old 02-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Congratulations! I can't even imagine putting about 500hp into that relatively little car and having the ability mash the gas pedal with keeping any kind of traction. I wonder how much development Jaguar has put into the traction control to advance it from the current XKR models which can lose grip pretty quickly under similar horsepower. Oh but the fun you'll have learning its limits. Can't wait to see it.

SocalJag (02-26-2013)
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 AM

Thanks guys. My buddy at the dealership told me that they went through training on the car today and are really going to push the angle of competing with a 911 Turbo. He said to me, it sounds expensive until you option out a 911 Turbo, which is 60-70k more with comparable performance...as a life long sales guy, I have to laugh about the angle of $110k being a steal. They sound very bullish on this car...

Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride. Can't wait to see the pics. $110k! For that price you should get a complimentary invitation to the R Academy. Push them and see what they say.

Mike

Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

They are starting to hit the dealerships, little by litte.

2014 Jaguar F-Type - Cars.com

Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM

Checked again with my guy yesterday...sounds like the dealers are going to be allocated a certain number of pre ordered cars...a V6S and an 8S but any order that was built to your specs won't be here till July...at least in the US...wish it was sooner but it is what it is.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

It is going to be a very long 4-5 months, but at the same time, it will be extremely rewarding.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SocalJag
Hey guys...thought I would share my ordering experience on the new F Type. I went to the dealership 2 weeks ago and ordered my black F Type V8S and getting rid of my beautiful 08 XK. This baby has alot of options even in the top line model. I am getting mine in ultimate black with black pack, vision pack, design pack, extended leather, upgraded audio, redzone seatbelts with red performance seats, black tornado 20" wheels, red calipers and illuminated door sills. The options can be ordered individually but I went with all the packs since my intention was to get a fully loaded car. Full msrp is 110k on the car. Yikes! That was bigger than I expected but I absolutely love the car. For a frame of reference, the V6S, fully tricked out came to 102k so its not a huge difference, this car is not competing with the Boxster/Cayman at those prices and I don't think that was the intention...My dealer told me that the V8 has been compared very favorably to a 911 turbo, saying its been kicking its a** in tests they have conducted. If that is true, the car is alot cheaper than a comp equipped 911 Turbo. My car is being built in May, completed and shipped in late June...arrives at the dealer July 27th once through customs They were only given a 5 car allotment to build to their specs so I feel fortunate to have gotten my order as I wanted. I expect this car to be a rocket, extremely rare and unique. Can't wait.
design pack on a black F-type???? Waste of money

Old 12-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by vika01
Did you realize that you were posting to a thread that is over FIVE YEARS old so ... perhaps back then there was a "design pack" option that may have made sense back then. I got a good laugh at the "competing with the 911 turbo" that was apparently being discussed way back then when they were first being announced.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Did you realize that you were posting to a thread that is over FIVE YEARS old so ... perhaps back then there was a "design pack" option that may have made sense back then. I got a good laugh at the "competing with the 911 turbo" that was apparently being discussed way back then when they were first being announced.
Yes I realized. What’s the problem? The car still exists and hopefully still the owner.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Yes I realized. What’s the problem? The car still exists and hopefully still the owner.
Just for clarity you posted...
which is you questioning his logic of an option that was offered and ordered FIVE YEARS ago. Like anything else options change over time.

My original point was ... that may have been the ONLY way he could have ordered it back then in order to have NOT wound up with silver trim pieces which would have broken up that "all blacked out look". Perhaps you get black trim when you order a 2019 F-Type in black...TODAY... so it may be "pointless" to have ordered the black trim pack on a 2019 but in 2013 (when he ordered it), it would have been the ONLY way to have gotten that ALL BLACK "Murdered out" look, right?

Old 12-02-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Just for clarity you posted...

which is you questioning his logic of an option that was offered and ordered FIVE YEARS ago. Like anything else options change over time. My original point was ... that may have been the ONLY way he could have ordered it back then in order to have NOT wound up with silver trim pieces which would have broken up that "all blacked out look". Perhaps you get black trim when you order a 2019 F-Type in black...TODAY... so it may be "pointless" to have ordered the black trim pack on a 2019 but in 2013 (when he ordered it), it would have been the ONLY way to have gotten that ALL BLACK "Murdered out" look, right?
the design pack and black pack both existed 5 years ago. The design pack offers body colored pieces and the whole point is that an already black part getting colored black is a waste of money.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

the design pack and black pack both existed 5 years ago. The design pack offers body colored pieces and the whole point is that an already black part getting colored black is a waste of money.
The parts aren't black they are chrome.... Wow. And again, replying to a thread that is 5 years old when the previous owner was contemplating options... double wow.