F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint and Leather Protection

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

A shout-out and a public thank you to Unhingd for sending me a bottle of Prep n' Polish. FABULOUS stuff! I LOVED the way it went on. I LOVED the way - and ease - that it came off. And, of course, I LOVE the finished look of my F-Type. Home - Proform Auto - Paint Protection, Paintless Dent Repair, Tinting, Detailing Proform Auto ? Paint Protection, Paintless Dent Repair, Tinting, Detailing if you're interested.

Thanks again U!

Old 04-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Thanks again U!
My pleasure, J.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
From what I know and have read, just using water on leather is the worst thing you can do. Adding lanolin occasionally is necessary to keep it from drying out. For my " around town car" I have an '89 Cadillac Allante' that was washed once a month and likely wiped down with wet cloth on the leather interior by the elderly owners. I have been soaking the leather in conditioner for 2 weeks to soften the leather enough to keep it from cracking when I drive. Great driver, just not cared for for 112,000 miles.
I have used Leatherique products on my 1996 XJS for years. The interior on that car (which I've had for 7 years now)was pretty dry and this stuff worked like magic after 4-5 initial applications over a 1 year period. The products are billed as restoration, but they clean and maintain better than anything I've ever used. My '16 F-Type has the premium red leather interior and I will certainly be using this product to clean and maintain.

Home Page | Leather Care & RESTORATION with Leatherique

Old 08-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Suede inserts = baby wipes. Thought it must be crazy, however works great.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Be sure to look into detailers that apply 22ple for the paint coat... Unbelievable finish and lasting protection. Not as much $$ thrown into it's marketing. Instead it is invested in the formulation that seems to have created a product that truly works. end of the day, the success of the coat is all about the surface prep. Nothing like a paint correction for the base! I also recammend 'Bead Maker' Bead Maker Paint Protectant as an after wash, maintenance enhancer that really keeps the paint popping!