F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Aftermarket Rims on the F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

CH-R II are an old design and as such look dated, also since they are two piece wheels not exactly the lightest, although still a very high quality wheel.

A bunch of us need to start hounding BBS with emails and inquiries to make the FIs in f-type fitment. I would sure love a set...

Old 09-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpowerr
CH-R II are an old design and as such look dated, also since they are two piece wheels not exactly the lightest, although still a very high quality wheel.

A bunch of us need to start hounding BBS with emails and inquiries to make the FIs in f-type fitment. I would sure love a set...
Unlikely to happen. There's so few of us with that particular hub configuration compared to the hundreds of thousands of Porsche and BMW market targets. Our numbers barely get into the 5 digits, so we're lucky to have just one option from BBS.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Welcome! I don't think bronze will look good on your car. Post a picture of you car when you get a chance but I think an all black or a color matched grey/gunmetal would look best on dark gray.
Here you go. Black would defintley look good but so much detail is lost. I know there is a taboo about spacers and adapters but they've been used for years in both street and track applications. It's an option if you have to have BBS. I hear grumbling already.

The following users liked this post:
BONESTOCK (12-14-2022)
Old 09-25-2017, 12:05 AM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Is your concern about others quality, style or both?
For this car, it's quality, pedigree, strength, style, and weight...in that order. For my other cars, I may prioritize weight a bit higher depending on the purpose.

I don't compromise when it comes to modifications, especially wheels and tires. There are a few names outside of BBS, Volk, and HRE which I either have or will include in consideration such as Forgeline, Fikse, Advan, Work, or CCW.

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Unlikely to happen. There's so few of us with that particular hub configuration compared to the hundreds of thousands of Porsche and BMW market targets. Our numbers barely get into the 5 digits, so we're lucky to have just one option from BBS.
Agreed. Jaguars, recent V8 mid-engine Ferraris, and the Focus RS are literally the only cars in North America with a 5x108 PCD.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Tel
Is it me, or am I the only one that finds it near impossible to find a design that actually compliments the F-Type and blends with the car???

I have the forged blades which look good and are easy upkeep. The simple design works well (subjective).

But I struggle still to find anything aftermarket that really goes with the car...

Nope, you are not alone! I have been looking for 1.5 years, and nothing catches my attention on my Ammonite Gray 16 F-Type R. I thought about everything, poweder coating, aftermarket etc., and it just doesn't do it for me. I am merely trying to make the convert. a bit more "aggressive", yet not over the top. You hit a nerve with your post.....you aren't alone. I have concluded that the vehicle is just so awesome, and anythng I try (in my taste) just takes away from it, with the color being part of the issue. I have 22" Black on my Black F-Pace and this car is smoking hot as a result, but it won't work on this, again in my case. Oh well, they say the cheapest new vehicle is a "new set of shoes" and I will be in the hunt until I find won that makes me go "wow, those are nice"!

Old 09-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR
Great pics, but a somewhat frustrating topic for me given my preference for BBS and Volk, neither of which have fitment for these cars (only 21" BBS CH-RIIs). Volk needs commitment of 10 sets to build custom wheels which is unrealistic for this market, and I'm not spending $10K+ for HREs which will be illiquid after my lease is up.

SSR does make Professors in our fitment, but that's a stretch. I'd hesitate to change OEM wheels with anything other than BBS, Volk, or HRE as other brands simply aren't for me.
VERY frustrating topic for me as well. I have been hassling my brother to do a one off Jaguar group buy from his company APEX Race Parts but he has said the same thing again and again. As much as he would love to help, the market just isn't there

It's too bad. The APEX EC7's are an amazing wheel, function AND looks.

Originally Posted by ehansen007
Here you go. Black would defintley look good but so much detail is lost. I know there is a taboo about spacers and adapters but they've been used for years in both street and track applications. It's an option if you have to have BBS. I hear grumbling already.
Black would look really good on that color. As far as the wheel adapters go, I am one of the few that went that route. As much as I am against needing to run a spacer let alone an adapter, I found MotorsportTech produced a quality adapter similar to the spacers others are currently running on here.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

If my memory is correct, a lot of VWs and the Audi TT (at least for a while) are 5x108.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,637 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Spacers not taboo on this forum. Widely used to offset excessive factory fender overhang.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Vertini 1.2 brushed bronze

The following 4 users liked this post by Apparent:
BONESTOCK (12-14-2022), Dirtbike Johnny (05-16-2020), Quan Jordan (11-26-2023), STMPY (05-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2017, 03:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Why is 5 x 108 an issue with custom? I know the price shoots up considerably?

Old 09-29-2017, 06:50 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
VERY frustrating topic for me as well. I have been hassling my brother to do a one off Jaguar group buy from his company APEX Race Parts but he has said the same thing again and again. As much as he would love to help, the market just isn't there

It's too bad. The APEX EC7's are an amazing wheel, function AND looks.
+1 for APEX. Love them with my BMWs! What's your brother's contact info, so then we can have 2 hassling him lol!

Attached Thumbnails Pics of Aftermarket Rims on the F-Type-m3-winters-003.jpg   Pics of Aftermarket Rims on the F-Type-m3-winters-020.jpg   Pics of Aftermarket Rims on the F-Type-m3-winters-022.jpg   Pics of Aftermarket Rims on the F-Type-m3-winters-025.jpg  
Dirtbike Johnny (05-16-2020)
Old 09-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Just FYI - I accidentally found a great wheel product. Until the day my lazy *** installs the low dust pads anyway.

Probably more applicable in winter.

Clean your wheels thoroughly. Let them dry. Then spray this stuff on - wait a minute or per instructions - hose off.

Any contact with rain/water washes your wheel clean for about three months.

Amazon Amazon

1 of 19 (06-21-2019)
Old 09-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kief
+1 for APEX. Love them with my BMWs! What's your brother's contact info, so then we can have 2 hassling him lol!
Lol it's out of his control. However, I still have all four Motorsport-Tech adapters so I may give the APEX's another shot in the future if I decide to go ahead and shave the stock wheel studs slightly to fit them.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

VS Forged has some fully forged options that are VERY reasonably priced. I can't speak to quality, but seems like a very solid bargain.

GetYourWheels.com: VS Forged VS Forged VS08 Wheels : Wheel and Tire Packages|Staggered Wheels|Custom Wheels|Luxury Rims

Old 10-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
You’re right... One can still “hope” though

Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Whilst on my quest for the "perfect" wheel for my F-Type, I stumbled across this. I though the pics were worth sharing, as the wheels were very unique.

https://www.wheelsandmore.de/en/tuni...f-type/#wheels

Old 12-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor Walker
Whilst on my quest for the "perfect" wheel for my F-Type, I stumbled across this. I though the pics were worth sharing, as the wheels were very unique.

https://www.wheelsandmore.de/en/tuni...f-type/#wheels
Very nice but man are they expensive! starting at 1859Euro per wheel!

Old 12-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice but man are they expensive! starting at 1859Euro per wheel!
Agreed, I was like wow at first glance thinking the price was USD, then did the Euro up convert, whew!!+

Old 05-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ek993
I thought the rims in this thread looked great

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...ls-car-170445/

Beautiful rims, are these forged by chance? I currently have stock jaguar f type rims for my 2014 v6s and they keep bending from bad roads in upstate NY. I am hoping to find tougher rims for the unavoidable roads.

Old 05-29-2019, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I just bought a set of two piece forged wheels and had the misfortune to hit a crater in the road with left front, but no damages. Not sure that's a reliable endorsement. My wheel/car photo is posted in the photo thread, about a weeks-two. weeks ago. Some forum members bought some mono forged that were less expensive and great looking wheels (VS Forged) that are likely stronger yet due to mono forging (single block of aluminum). There is a group buy thread on those. Great wheel for the money. Almost all the oem wheels are cast. I feel your road pain living in CNY.

Tork Monster (05-29-2019)

Quick Reply: Pics of Aftermarket Rims on the F-Type