F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
hm1
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

For it being the new baby Jaguar, not bad at all.. The interior is a bit of a let down, not that special... I guess this car's styling is a hint as to the new XK's look when it arrives. It will be longer, so the proportions should look even better!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree, I see alot of BMW, Honda 2000, Mazda etc and very little Jag. Seems they have stopped trying to set an example and are trying to Blend in with all the other name plates.

The thing I have always admired about Jag was that it seemed to remain Jag and honor it's past while making a statement in the here and now about how tho make a classy statement not look like everyone else.

Even when Ford was in the picture, they remained loyal to their history and made a really beautiful car and just kept improving it over time one step at a time.

All good things must come to an end I guess.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Our era XK8/XKR has the distinction of being immediately recognizable as a Jaguar. Whether you are 6 feet, 6 yards, or 60 yards away from an XK8/XKR you immediately know it is a Jaguar. This is less so for the new gen XK and now even less so for the F. At first glance from the front it could be mistaken for a Maserati and from the side or rear it could be Asian or even German.

Not that it is a bad looking car but the average person would have to get close enough to read the badge to figure out it was a Jaguar.

Doug

Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM
Received 126 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Tata taking Jaguar in a new direction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/31/bu...gewanted=print

Note that the Chief Executive for Jaguar is from BMW. Looks to me like some of that BMW bled off into the new F type. Did he bring over some BMW designers?

August 30, 2012
Tata Motors Finds Success in Jaguar Land Rover

By VIKAS BAJAJ

MUMBAI, India — This summer, Jaguar Land Rover cranked up production to 24 hours at its plant near Liverpool, England, adding 1,000 jobs to help meet demand for its hot-selling and acclaimed Range Rover Evoque. Now, the company is readying the release of its much-anticipated Jaguar F-Type roadster.
Four years after being bought by an Indian company, the well-known but somewhat faded British brands are regaining some of their lost luster, racking up big sales from Shanghai to London.
The success has stunned analysts and investors, many of whom had said that Tata Motors, the Indian auto company, was making an expensive mistake when it acquired Jaguar Land Rover from Ford Motor for $2.3 billion in June 2008. At the time, Ford was raising money to ensure its own survival, and it sold the brands for several billion dollars less than it had paid to acquire them years earlier.
Analysts say Tata has done what few companies from emerging markets have been able to do — turn around and successfully run a troubled Western company. Many others, including Tata Motor’s sister company Tata Steel, which paid $11.3 billion for Corus Steel in 2007, have struggled with acquisitions made in Europe and the United States in the era of cheap money before the financial crisis.
Tata Motors appears to have succeeded in large part because it did not seek to run Jaguar Land Rover from Tata headquarters here. Instead, it has left day-to-day management in the hands of executives in England. It also benefited from projects started under Ford ownership, including the Evoque, which has won fans, including the exacting hosts of the BBC show “Top Gear” and the Chinese nouveau riche.
In its last fiscal year, which ended in March, Jaguar Land Rover posted a 27 percent jump in retail sales, to 306,000 vehicles, and became the primary driver of growth and profit for Tata Motors. The Indian car and truck business of Tata has stagnated in the same time because of a slowing domestic economy and a weak product lineup that includes about a dozen passenger cars. Sales of Tata cars were up an anemic 4 percent in the previous fiscal year.
Analysts said that barring a global economic recession, they expected Jaguar Land Rover to continue to do well because it was about to release several new models, including a redesigned version of its flagship Range Rover and the F-Type.
“I think people were a bit skeptical and snobbish and maybe had some old colonial hangover,” Tim Urquhart, a senior analyst at IHS Automotive in London, said about the initial doubts about the acquisition. But he added, “If you look at Land Rover and Jaguar now, they probably have the strongest product line in their recent history if not ever.”
Tata’s takeover of Jaguar Land Rover did not always look promising. The financial crisis hit soon after the deal closed, and demand for luxury cars tumbled in Europe and North America — its two biggest markets. Struggling with a $3 billion debt it took on to pay for the deal, Tata Motors was forced to put more money into the company after it failed to secure financial aid from Britain.
Many analysts questioned whether the company paid too much and extended itself too far, speculating that its chairman, Ratan Tata, a car buff and scion of the family that built the Tata group of companies, had become too enamored of buying global brands. Over the years, the group has acquired Tetley Tea, the Pierre Hotel in New York and Daewoo Commercial Vehicles in South Korea.
“The acquisition has worked because the investment has been carefully targeted and effective,” Phil Popham, global operations director for Jaguar Land Rover, said in a written response to questions. “Our growth is supported by a disciplined financial plan involving tight cost controls and targeted investments.”
Analysts and competitors credit the turnaround to Tata’s financial reserves, which helped it weather tough times, and its wisdom in granting autonomy to managers in England.
“What has helped is that Tata had staying power,” said an executive at another auto company who asked not to be named because he did not want to speak publicly about a rival. “And Tata adopted a hands-off policy.”
The Ford effect extends beyond its past investments in the brands and the design and engineering for the Evoque. Most engines in Jaguar Land Rover cars still come from Ford, though the company is building its own engine factory in England.
Led by a former BMW executive, Ralf Speth, who took over as chief executive in early 2010, Jaguar Land Rover makes all of its cars, which range from $36,000 for an entry level S.U.V. to $140,000 for a convertible, in factories in England, though it is now starting assembly operations in other countries. The company reported this month that its latest quarterly profit was up 7.5 percent from a year ago to Ł235.9 million, or $372 million.
In North America, the company’s sales were up 15 percent, to 58,003 cars, in the fiscal year that ended in March. J. D. Power recently rated Jaguar as the “most improved” car brand in its quality rankings.
Much of the success has come in China, a country that provided just 1 percent of Jaguar Land Rover’s sales as recently as 2005 and is projected to generate sales in the double digits this year. The company made a big effort to expand dealerships in the country, where luxury car sales have been much stronger than in Western markets. Executives expect China to become the company’s largest market soon, and last year they announced that Jaguar Land Rover would begin building and assembling cars there.
High-end car buyers in China appear to be drawn to Jaguars and Land Rovers in part because they are considered a novelty.
Liu Gang, a 33-year-old finance executive in Shanghai who confessed to not knowing much about cars, recently bought a Jaguar XF sports sedan, for which he paid 700,000 yuan, or $110,000. He considered and dismissed comparable models from BMW and Mercedes-Benz as passé. “Let me be honest, it’s just a symbol of status,” he said. “Anybody in China can have a Mercedes-Benz.”
But analysts say the Jaguar Land Rover’s growing reliance on China suggests that a sharp slowdown there and another euro-related shock in Europe could derail its growth. Another concern is whether the company has enough models beside the Evoque to power future sales. The Evoque accounted for 85 percent of sales growth in the last fiscal year even though it was only on sale for the last seven months of the year. By contrast, sales of Jaguars have been relatively muted, increasing just 5 percent in the last fiscal year. More recently, Jaguar posted a 16.3 percent increase in global sales in the first seven months of this year compared with the same period last year.
Mr. Popham said the company expected sales of Jaguars to pick up with the introduction of the F-Type, a long-awaited sequel to its well-known E-Type roadster, which was introduced in 1961 and is considered by many car aficionados as one of the most beautiful sports cars ever made. A production version of the F-Type will make its debut at the Paris Motor Show on Sept. 27.
“A lot is riding on the F-Type roadster,” said Hormazd Sorabjee, editor of AutoCar India, a Mumbai-based car magazine, adding that Jaguar has made big strides but still has a “fair amount to do.”
Still, analysts say that for Tata Motors, which recently hired a senior executive from General Motors to help revive its flagging Indian auto business, Jaguar Land Rover is likely to remain a driving force for the near future.
Gu Huini contributed reporting from Shanghai and Neha Thirani from Mumbai.

Last edited by Kevin D; 10-04-2012 at 07:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bassmania (10-04-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 763 Posts

I was privileged enough to see one of these today and having seen it in person I think I see what they were going for.

The proportions and the bulging haunches reminded me of something but it took some digging in the memories to figure out which Jaguar it was. I think they were trying to recreate the XKSS, the road going D-Type.

The XKSS was a great sports car, to be sure, but I always thought it a little ungainly and inelegant. It just didn't have the Jaguar proportions and presence of the XK120/40/50 and the later E-type.

Perhaps that is what the F-type will be then, a sports car among its larger, grand touring brotheren, never quite fitting in but still being part of the family.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
doc
Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

OMG I love the Coupe its gorgeous
I was a bit turned of by the convertible a bit of a hairdressers car the coupe is beautiful does any one know what engines they will have a 6 or 8
A twin screw S/C V6 of about 3.8 litre would be nice !

Old 10-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Only got one thing to say.

I Want One

Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag#4

Interior is pretty modern (no wood). Wood is not an option, but you do have multiple aluminum finish/color choices.
Originally Posted by david i
Needs more wood.
Originally Posted by Fedoraja1

Put a scaled down X100 body kit on a contemporary Miata with Jaguar touches (wood, bigger engine - may I suggest a V12 or I6? - gentle purr and best of all, plenty of get up and go) and you'd have a serious winner.
Originally Posted by doc
What no woodgrain even my 95 XJR has black wood grain what where they thinking obviously aiming at German car owners they like to have bland interiors (LOL)
Back in the day, sporting Jaguars did not have wood--only the saloons did.

The original XK and the original E-type had no timber whatever FWIW!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

I really like the looks of the car. I was glad to see that the CX-16 styling is pretty much intact. It has a pretty aggressive look which should prove attractive to prospective buyers. The V8 model will likely be the subject of tuners boosting the 495 hp to 550 hp or more. If you compare it to the V8 Aston Martin Vantage, you get 65 more hp at about $60KK off the price of the Aston Martin.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Chicago - October 6, 2012

Photos of the F-Type the first time it is shown in the United States.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3696.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3697.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3698.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3701.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3702.jpg  

Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3703.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3704.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3705.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3720.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3721.jpg  

Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3722.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-img_3723.jpg  
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Uh no thanks. For around same price ($70k) I am gonna get myself a pre-owned Aston Martin V8 Vantage (1/2 off MSRP):

Cheers,
Wolfy

Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bassmania
The red one is the best !!!

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j1_zps7f39de64.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j2_zpsf37993ac.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j3_zpseb27a1d1.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j4_zps2ca529b0.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j5_zps10c74238.jpg  

Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j6_zpsa6891186.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j7_zps7c9b3d27.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j8_zps5cd715b9.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j9_zps8c7c6f68.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j10_zps79b7d286.jpg  

Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j11_zps7be3a9ce.jpg   Pictures of 2012 Jaguar F type-j12_zps7c28226a.jpg