F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help with APR, lease Money Factor factory rebate ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:23 AM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Exclamation Please help with APR, lease Money Factor factory rebate ...

Hi guys, here is my question , when is the sale price or lease price established & finalised. Is it when the customer places an order with the car salesman or is it when the car actually arrives after being built, a few months down the road.
Because of the Christmas holiday season and upcoming New Years Eve, I don't have free time to go sit down with the sales rep, so we spoke via telephone and he us telling me, its not possible to work up hard true numbers until the car exists. Is this true or is it bullshit talk. Plus, I do want to wait a bit so I can successfully order a 2017 model, which can be ordered after January 2016. Receiving vehicle approx May 2016.
I wish to give you guys a little but of background in myself and how I wind up on this forum. All my life I been a hard core BMW guy. I had 3 different V8 BMW X5 vehicles, E39 540 Sport package, and BMW M5 DINAN S3 package. I however feel over time, BMW has lost its edge. Now, I hate all the models BMW has to offer. So I was heavily considering getting into a new Porsche 911 GTS, which will be the last of the naturally aspirated engines by Porsche .
By seer luck, chance or fate, I stumbled onto the Jaguar F Type R coupe and it caught my attention!
So the bottom line is, I now favour the R Type coupe over the Porsche 911 GTS. but if I get dicked around by the Jaguar salesman, I'll simply go for the Porsche. I know a nice honest guy who works at Porsche dealership, so I know he won't try to give me the shaft during the pricing aspect of the sale. I'll be clear, I really like the R Type coupe, so I hope with the assistance & advise from the members of this message board, I can make the F Type R coupe a reality.
So, once again when is actual pricing established. At time of placing the car order or when it physically arrived from being built.
The sales rep said more or less, I don't know what the finance rate or money factor will be, I don't know what programming Jaguar will offer if any ( subsidising the vehicle) so he said, what am I suppose to base it on. ( the sale price). He suggested the car be built the way I want it and when it comes in, I can take it or not, its up to me, no contractual obligations on my part.
Guys, your thoughts now please. Thank you!
PS ... I have excellent credit as this is always a big factor on the sale/lease pricing.

Last edited by Ubad2; 12-28-2015 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

The salesman is telling the truth. They may not even have pricing on a 2017 yet. The program's change monthly. So he really has no way to give you actual numbers.

The following users liked this post:
Ubad2 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
The salesman is telling the truth. They may not even have pricing on a 2017 yet. The program's change monthly. So he really has no way to give you actual numbers.
+1. And the money factors can change on a daily basis. You can, however, negotiate the discount (in fixed dollars or percentage) you get below MSRP, whatever that eventually turns out to be.

Ubad2 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
Originally Posted by Unhingd
+1. And the money factors can change on a daily basis. You can, however, negotiate the discount (in fixed dollars or percentage) you get below MSRP, whatever that eventually turns out to be.
+2

financing is finalized when the car is at the dealer.

I'll also add that if you're looking to order a 2017 as soon as allocations are released that your MF and residual will be considerably higher at the start of the MY ... compared to picking up a 2016 that is on the lot or ordering a 2016 at the end of the MY. there is no reason for the manufacturer to subsidize financing for a car that just came to market.

Ubad2 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned
Default This might seem like a dumb question, but ....

If you were in my shoes and you have opportunity to get either model year, which would you go for. And it will be a lease. I heard the NAV is significantly better for 2017
Thank you

Old 12-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by UBAD2
If you were in my shoes and you have opportunity to get either model year, which would you go for. And it will be a lease. I heard the NAV is significantly better for 2017
Thank you
For me it would depend on how good a deal you can get on a 2016 vs a 2017. I just got a little over 11% off on a 2016. On a 2017 my guess is you'd have to work hard to get 5%.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts
Default My $0.02 (worth every penny)

Thank you
I haven't been able to find out many details about the 2017 models except what Jaguar posted in their press release. Where do you hear about the NAV improvement?

BTW: For me, picking up a car (with slightly more features than i was contemplating ordering) vs. waiting for months -- no brainer. I figure they arent going to be very motivated to negotiate much on a 2017 (yet). I leased as well, and figure even if the next 2 model years have some awesome new thing i want, i will only be waiting for the end of my 33 month lease. Still beats driving my 16-year old XKR :-)

Good luck with your decision!

Old 12-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

Thank you
You don't have the option to customize a 2016 at this point, so you're at the Mercy of what the dealers already have in stock, or on order for delivery.

If you want what you want, like me, then 2017 is your only option.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned
Default Comment about my sales rep ....

The Jaguar PDF that was sent here for me to read, he didn't even know about it. So i forwarded the PDF file to him. He read it and said to me, the article means nothing and is subject to change. He also said 2017 cars probably will not go into production until summer. So either someone doesn't know what there talking about it I'm being bs'd. I don't get it.

Old 12-28-2015, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

he doesn't know what he's talking about. orders for 2017 start in January.

Ubad2 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nati
You don't have the option to customize a 2016 at this point, so you're at the Mercy of what the dealers already have in stock, or on order for delivery.

If you want what you want, like me, then 2017 is your only option.
because of the discounts and manufacturer subsidies for MF's and generally higher residuals, you could be looking at paying a 75-100% premium per month when comparing a 2017 to a 2016 with a similar MSRP.

March is the JLR fiscal year end so you could probably scoop up some extra discounts on left over 2016's at that point if you can find something specced pretty close to what you want. that's how i got such an incredible deal on my car. i probably pay less for my R than a majority of people are paying for base model.

Old 12-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Banned
Default Question about residual ....

I didn't exactly understand your post/information. Wouldn't a 2017 have a higher residual value over a 2016 vehicle and if so, the higher the residual value the lower the payment, yes? Am I incorrect? Last, the vehicle I wish is nothing special or unique but it doesn't exist. Strange...

Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 PM

I didn't exactly understand your post/information. Wouldn't a 2017 have a higher residual value over a 2016 vehicle and if so, the higher the residual value the lower the payment, yes? Am I incorrect? Last, the vehicle I wish is nothing special or unique but it doesn't exist. Strange...
manufacturers will boost the residuals (to reduce payments) to move cars, especially at the end of a model year. It doesn't really matter to a manufacturer what the residual is. Anything past a certain point and they are expecting it to be a lease return.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts
Default How are you searching, and how far is your search?

... Last, the vehicle I wish is nothing special or unique but it doesn't exist. Strange...
During my search, i was looking at several places (most times there were duplicates, but often they didnt sync). I was planning to order a car, because i could not find one anywhere in the US like i wanted. Literally the night before i was planning to go to the dealer and place an order, i found THE ONE less than 150 miles away (it had arrived from the factory that week -- they didn't have the wheels or options entered on their site, but the Jaguar USA site link (below) did.

Jaguar USA: New Inventory - New Vehicles | Jaguar USA (click 300 MILES)
Cars.com (click ALL MILES)
Autotrader.com (click ANY DISTANCE)

I found that often the colors and options are not entered correctly, so the less restrictive your search, the more likely you may find what you want (you will browse more, but might get the needle you are looking for in the haystack.

I also trolled each California / Nevada dealer site until i found the above Jaguar link. Even then, the Jaguar site and the dealer sites are not exactly synced. You would think that since all each car they build is detailed in a database at the factory, they could export that data to the sales site for searching... they could mount cameras in the factory and include pictures too. (Ok im a software developer and see lots of possibilities that they have not decided is a big enough ROI) :-)

hope this helps!

Ubad2 (12-28-2015)
Old 03-06-2018, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts

Oops

Last edited by JigJag; 03-06-2018 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Mis-post