Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley swap V8S?? thoughts plz

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:43 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Thanks for your input Bruce H. Your absolutely right.

What it would take for me to buy in:

People have different comfort levels. Most products and services today come with a manual, a detailed description, risk and safety issues, a written warranty and any effects (changes) it may have on the customers property.

A simple write up of what is being sold, what is being promised, what is being changed, how the promised service will meet it's objectives, and the warranty (what happens if the tune is lost).

Currently as I see it tuner's offer this:

Customers should anticipated performance gains in horse power and torque with no documented confidence.

Customers property may be damaged from service at customers own risk with no recourse. No terms of reference are set out. What happens if something goes wrong? The customer is left with any resulting damage (could be many thousands of $s to fix).

Customer is left at the mercy of the tuner to perform changes on his/her car in a safe and reliable manner and not cause damage. What are the limits the tuner uses. How is the AFR settings changed. How much is it leaned out. How will the engine protect itself.

Tuner will make changes to customers ECU with no explanation of what is being changed and at what levels.

Everything is vague. There are a lot of services and products sold today with similar vague promises, terms and conditions. Most are scams. I'm not saying these tuner's are scammers. With so many unanswered questions tuner's make their service/product open for interpretation. Why the secrecy?

I don't want to buy a black box to find out it only contains air, is only temporary as long as the tuner is in business or decides to provide tune, and worse yet to find out, I destroyed my engine and lost my manufacture's warranty. I love my car, I enjoy taking car of it and protecting it. I'm asking the tuner's to provide some answers to the above and raise my confidence in there product/service.

Last edited by DGL; 12-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Is there any way to get the Jaguar F-type R trim tune from the coupe installed on our cars? that's 550 HP and pretty certain it won't damage the engine in any way and pass smog tests. Plus it should be less expensive than what the tuner shops want for a tune and pulley.

The following users liked this post:
Evl5 (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

$1900 sounds cheap. If someone finds it cheaper please post.
Does the warranty get voided if I change pulley and tune.
Also I was told no change needed to belt. They said use stock one.
Any thoughts. Gene

Old 12-25-2013, 01:50 PM

I agree can't we get that. Someone please check. Thanks

Old 12-25-2013, 01:53 PM

If the coupe has it is must be available for roadster.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:51 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default Jaguar 5l SC tune 550hp

I believe most tuners start from the Jaguar 550 hp tune on the 5l SC. Ask your tuner. If I get my car tuned I'm going with Eurocharged. I believe Jerry is the man you want to talk to.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryTheBanker
Work all done but haven't had a chance to drive yet!!!! Car is now down in Miami and will spend the winter down there till next spring when it will be back up in Toronto!!!! I've also set up a dyno pull which should be done by early next week by a local shop in Miami!!!!!! I will post dyno sheets and driving impressions as soon as I get back down to Miami!!!!! I've been told that it is even louder than before and pulls like a freight train!!!!!!

Hi JerrytheBanker

I'm in Weston. What shop in MIA is doing the work (if you don't mind my asking)? I'm brand new to Jaguar and it never hurts to have a good shop in your Rolodex.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default V8Sdoc

I sent you a pm with the contact info for the service shop that I use!!!!
So, how do you like the Jag so far???? Wait till you get the extra power, you'll want to start using 27 on Sunday mornings just to see how you match up against the TT cars!!!!! LOL!!!!! I'm back down in a week, maybe we can hook up and start some Jag runs with others on this board from South Florida!!!!!
JP,

Old 01-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by JerryTheBanker
I sent you a pm with the contact info for the service shop that I use!!!!
So, how do you like the Jag so far???? Wait till you get the extra power, you'll want to start using 27 on Sunday mornings just to see how you match up against the TT cars!!!!! LOL!!!!! I'm back down in a week, maybe we can hook up and start some Jag runs with others on this board from South Florida!!!!!
JP,

I like virtually everything about the f-type: styling, interior, super-charged V8, and especially the exhaust note. The 8-speed ZF (paddle-shift) automatic is crisp and responsive, but after nearly 25 years of clutch & stick, I'm not very good at paddle-shifting. The lower gears aren't very tall compared to my Z06 Vette, so my timings off, but I'm all grins while "learning" the car. Let me know if any f-type meets develop - maybe I can play hookie from the hospital. All this pulley swap/tune talk is making me lust for more HP (even though I can't harness what I already have) (lol). Thanks again for the info.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:31 PM

I have done many pulley and tunes from eurocharged on xkr, xfr, and xjr here in NJ. Huge increase! I just got an ftype and will do that one soon as well. Eurocharged FTW.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM

Just ordered pulley and tune from euro charged TX. Jerry is very good to work with.
We are shooting for close to 600 hp. Pulley might not be easy to do but Jerry is going to try and assist.
Can't wait. Where in nj is euro charged or you had them do it and now you do it yourself
Wow jag with close to 600. Man o man.

Old 02-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Congrats...I am very happy with my Eurocharged pulley and tune. Luckily for me they are local and I got to meet everyone. They are a great group of guys and did a terrific job on my car.

You should be over 600 hp no problem. I went from 480 rwhp to 540 rwhp. Pulls like a freight train throughout the RPM band.

Upgrade your tires next!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:29 PM

Thanks. Very excited. The person 2 posts before states euro charged in nj. I don't think they are there ?
I am looking to do tune and pulley. Thanks for the reply. I will order another set of back u tires !!!

Old 02-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

I don't know all of their locations, but I think they have several. Jerry sometimes goes out of town and does tuning as well.

Get some sticky tires...Try the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. My friend has them too on his 911 and they are great.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
I recall one member who is an experienced drag racer who got a tune that made no improvement in his acceleration times. It's time to get real about these tunes...you should insist on it before handing your car over to a stranger.

Bruce

Would I happen to the be the member you're speaking of?! Regardless, I agree with your post(s) 100%. I did a pulley and ETG flash on my old '12 XKR and it didn't do a damn thing, except LOSE 1mph of trap speed. *feeling* faster and actually being faster are 2 different things.

Never dyno'd it - but the track tells the story.

I just based lined my F-type at the track today, 11.83 @ 119.55. I'm going to try the Eurocharged setup this time, as long as I can get my money back if it doesn't perform at the track

Old 02-23-2014, 08:34 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Philly Single
Would I happen to the be the member you're speaking of?! Regardless, I agree with your post(s) 100%. I did a pulley and ETG flash on my old '12 XKR and it didn't do a damn thing, except LOSE 1mph of trap speed. *feeling* faster and actually being faster are 2 different things.

I just based lined my F-type at the track today, 11.83 @ 119.55. I'm going to try the Eurocharged setup this time, as long as I can get my money back if it doesn't perform at the track

I'm doing a survey on the XKR thread, https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-5l-sc-111917/, concerning tuning the 5L SC. Please make a post of your times, tune and experience on the thread you've had with your 2012 XKR. I'm hoping this thread will reveal some measurable results.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I was told at a dealer (different then I bought the car from) that the “tune" would run around $1,200 to $1,500 depending upon your engine.

I didn’t get full info. as I wasn’t interested, but now may be

Old 02-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Hi Jay. Yes, I was referring to you. Good luck with the F and a tune!
Bruce

Last edited by Bruce H.; 02-27-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Good information. Please post your times from your XKR. I want to update my survey. If you have your F-type times/speed I'd sure like to see them.

Last edited by DGL; 02-27-2014 at 07:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MaximA (02-27-2014)
Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

I'm over here lurking from the XKR forum and noticed this thread. I have an 3lbs pulley, cat back exhaust and RSC tune, and in town the car is a rocket but can't get over 12.33@117MPH trap speeds(street tires 90F track temp) which is only a few MPH over stock.

Trying out Eurocharge with a before and after Dyno hopefully this week if the tool is available.

Quick Reply: Pulley swap V8S?? thoughts plz