F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommend vendor for extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 03:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Recommend vendor for extended warranty?

I called up my local Jaguar dealership about extended warranty. They apparently don't extend warranty as 1st party, and is instead being sold by Fidelity Insurance. They quoted me $5600 for a 5 year period...to which I just laughed and hanged up.

Knowing that, has anyone here purchased an extended warranty? Who was your vendor? Do you recommend actually having an extended warranty?

My car didn't even crest 13k miles yet. I generally use it as a weekend warrior and storm the back roads. No issues that I can highlight, except sometimes (I think) the rear diff locks up if I drive up a ramp too fast from an angle, and emits an audible "clunk" noise. It doesn't happen if I pause and drive up a ramp slowly, but I hear it every once in a while. Other than that, the car's been faithful *knock on wood*

Old 07-14-2020, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

Do not use Red Shield, only sold by dealers. They made me feel like a criminal and accused dealer of running up the bill. Refused a repair on a known Jag item. Same dealer that sold the policy, $3200 for 2 years. I was $2100 upside down on hte purchase.

Old 07-16-2020, 01:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never purchased an extended warranty, but I'm considering Endurance or Carchex down the line.They seem to have the best reviews.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slipstream
I've never purchased an extended warranty, but I'm considering Endurance or Carchex down the line.They seem to have the best reviews.
Hmmmmm... I reached out to both for a warranty on my 2014 F-Type roadster. Endurance would not write a warranty on it; Carchex offered Silver (which is basically powertrain plus) for ~$5,500 payment over time, or $4,300 for a lump-sum payment - this is 4 years/48,000 miles.

Old 07-16-2020, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities
I called up my local Jaguar dealership about extended warranty. They apparently don't extend warranty as 1st party, and is instead being sold by Fidelity Insurance. They quoted me $5600 for a 5 year period...to which I just laughed and hanged up.

Knowing that, has anyone here purchased an extended warranty? Who was your vendor? Do you recommend actually having an extended warranty?

My car didn't even crest 13k miles yet. I generally use it as a weekend warrior and storm the back roads. No issues that I can highlight, except sometimes (I think) the rear diff locks up if I drive up a ramp too fast from an angle, and emits an audible "clunk" noise. It doesn't happen if I pause and drive up a ramp slowly, but I hear it every once in a while. Other than that, the car's been faithful *knock on wood*

You will find that CNA & Fidelity are the 2 best extended warranties. Most dealers accept direct payment from them. They are not cheap.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:56 PM
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
You will find that CNA & Fidelity are the 2 best extended warranties. Most dealers accept direct payment from them. They are not cheap.
You're preaching to the choir. However, I don't think it's worth the cost...for that money, and for how rarely I drive it...I just can't justify it. For a daily, maybe...but in another 5 years, my Jag may barely see 23k. It's been running beautifully for the most part *knock on wood* so I'll probably take my chances. Plus it gives me the excuse I need to get a VAP tune. So there's that.