Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repair/Workshop Manual online?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:15 AM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Repair/Workshop Manual online?

Hi guys

Spent a bit of time on google and can't find an online repair manual, or even where to purchase one

Does anyone have any links? Cheers

Old 11-09-2016, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,113 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Sorry, for the F-Type it's TOPIx or nothing.
Around 2011 JLR stopped supplying hard copy or PDF workshop manuals and switched to on-line via TOPIx only. Well at least for us mug punters, not so sure about authorised dealers, maybe they still get hard copy manuals but I doubt it.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, per OzXFR, you can register with TOPIx as an owner at the link below to get restricted information. Then you can access all the technical information, manual, TSB's etc with a subscription.

They give you a number of choices regarding the information made available, and the length of the subscription. It can be pretty expensive. A couple of weeks ago, I took out a one-day subscription for all technical info at $24. A one-day subs for just the manual was $12. Once you're in it will let you download as many sections of the manual in PDF format as you want.

I think most people would run out of downloading patience before the system ran out of information, but if you need detail on the "regular" maintenance tasks, make a list of what you want, set aside a couple of hours, and you should be able to download it.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...cle/lookupForm

The following users liked this post:
TR64ever (02-01-2017)
Old 11-10-2016, 06:40 PM

thanks guys

i did register and saw all the tsb info

i ended up finding these guys, and gave it a shot - still waiting for the dl link after emailing a vin i pulled off our local online car sales site

https://www.factory-manuals.com/jaguar-f-type&41&266

The following 2 users liked this post by domino_z:
Inspector-G (11-11-2016), Unhingd (11-10-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I just took a look at the video on the website, and that is the same manual information available through TOPIx. If you can get the whole thing in one shot, I think $79 (AU?) is pretty good value. I believe the whole manual is over 5,000 pages long.

Of course, if you wanted, you could download the whole thing yourself from TOPIx for $12, but you have to download a section at a time, and it would probably take all day!

Good luck!

Old 11-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Shearwig
I just took a look at the video on the website, and that is the same manual information available through TOPIx. If you can get the whole thing in one shot, I think $79 (AU?) is pretty good value. I believe the whole manual is over 5,000 pages long.

Of course, if you wanted, you could download the whole thing yourself from TOPIx for $12, but you have to download a section at a time, and it would probably take all day!

Good luck!
+1. This is a great value. I've taken out a number of short-term subscriptions to Topix and never could focus long enough to download more than a couple sections. I just placed my order for this one.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shearwig
Yes, per OzXFR, you can register with TOPIx as an owner at the link below to get restricted information. Then you can access all the technical information, manual, TSB's etc with a subscription.

They give you a number of choices regarding the information made available, and the length of the subscription. It can be pretty expensive. A couple of weeks ago, I took out a one-day subscription for all technical info at $24. A one-day subs for just the manual was $12. Once you're in it will let you download as many sections of the manual in PDF format as you want.

I think most people would run out of downloading patience before the system ran out of information, but if you need detail on the "regular" maintenance tasks, make a list of what you want, set aside a couple of hours, and you should be able to download it.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topi...cle/lookupForm

Has anyone tried this after getting a subscription?

https://gist.github.com/cfg/5730452

Old 02-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Domino_z and unhinged, did you guys receive it? Is it indeed the whole thing same as what is offered trough topic subscription?

Old 02-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, it's the whole ball of wax (10,134 pages) and does it all as one download compared to the thousands of individual downloads required at topix.

Last edited by Unhingd; 02-01-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by domino_z
thanks guys

i did register and saw all the tsb info

i ended up finding these guys, and gave it a shot - still waiting for the dl link after emailing a vin i pulled off our local online car sales site

https://www.factory-manuals.com/jaguar-f-type&41&266
Hey Dom, did you ever buy/get this manual?
If you did, is it worth the $79.99???

Old 02-01-2017, 10:33 PM

yes i did get the link, it's the real deal - full workshop manual to disassemble the car

it's one giant pdf file with well over 1000 pages iirc, but there's only 5 or 6 chapters to split it up, so it does take a while to find exactly what you need

there seems to be a non-coherent structure to some of the sections, but there are links within these pages to go back to what was required to do a step before

Last edited by domino_z; 02-01-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by domino_z
yes i did get the link, it's the real deal - full workshop manual to disassemble the car

it's one giant pdf file with well over 1000 pages iirc, but there's only 5 or 6 chapters to split it up, so it does take a while to find exactly what you need

there seems to be a non-coherent structure to some of the sections, but there are links within these pages to go back to what was required to do a step before
I also downloaded. The document actually has over 10,000 pages. The pdf is bookmarked quite well, so you can at least get close to what you need relatively quickly.

Last edited by Unhingd; 02-02-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Yes, it's the whole ball of wax (10,134 pages) and does it all as one download compared to the thousands of individual downloads required at topix.
Thanks! I guess I'll be getting one as well.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 177 Likes on 151 Posts

Out of curiosity, what sort of download speed was that "all day" download based on?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I just completed the process with https://www.factory-manuals.com/ -- it takes a few steps. They take your $79, email you for your VIN number and send you a personal password for their website, then they buy a $12 TopIX access pass on your behalf, log-in your VIN number and automatically pull EVERYTHING for your car which they then compile into a single file -- which you then logon to their web site again to download. My file is 489Mb in size (fits on a CD) and you need a GOOD .pdf reader to access it, it's a monster file. Ordered it last night, down-loaded this morning.

Yes it's the real deal, no, you can't share it with anyone else (it's JRL's information particular to you and your VIN). I've bought TopIX access before, for $79 this is totally worth it. Way too much information, it's great.

Last edited by TR64ever; 02-02-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
Out of curiosity, what sort of download speed was that "all day" download based on?
At fios download speeds it just takes a few minutes

Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TR64ever
I just completed the process with https://www.factory-manuals.com/ -- it takes a few steps. They take your $79, email you for your VIN number and send you a personal password for their website, then they buy a $12 TopIX access pass on your behalf, log-in your VIN number and automatically pull EVERYTHING for your car which they then compile into a single file -- which you then logon to their web site again to download. My file is 489Mb in size (fits on a CD) and you need a GOOD .pdf reader to access it, it's a monster file. Ordered it last night, down-loaded this morning.

Yes it's the real deal, no, you can't share it with anyone else (it's JRL's information particular to you and your VIN). I've bought TopIX access before, for $79 this is totally worth it. Way too much information, it's great.

So, it seems like the code in the link I posted above is probably what they are doing for everyone and possibly, we could do it ourselves buying a 1 day subscription for 12.60. Anyone ever done this?

Old 02-02-2017, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member

Just finished downloading my copy, 28,378 pages!
Very comprehensive, only problem is there is no Index or Contents listing, so no way I can figure out to navigate straight to the section/part you want, instead you have to search ("find") the word/term/phrase you are after, and then of course who knows what weird and wonderful word/term/phrase JLR have used to describe whatever it is you are looking for.
It took me 5 minutes to find the page covering spark plug removal, now trying to find the instructions for removing the hatch lining (so I can disable the damn spoiler), but no joy searching under "hatch".

Edit - I'm a bozo - just click on the "bookmarks" icon in the left margin (using Acrobat Reader) and the full virtual index pops up!

Last edited by OzXFR; 02-02-2017 at 05:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (02-02-2017)
Old 02-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

No bozo -- I had the same problem. The "bookmarks" tab is a big help finding your way around.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Ahhh I see said the blind man!! I have a Mac and didn't have Adobe to read the manual and spent...too much time trying to find "how to"

Doh