Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For sale - cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts
Default For sale - cheap!

I assume some of you saw this listing on BringATrailer [BaT] - my daily p^%$ site:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-jaguar-f-type-2/

I'm just a bit surprised that it went for that cheap! What am I missing?

The following users liked this post:
User 42324 (06-24-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

Don’t know but might be the combo of options that doesn’t make it desireable. Like 18 inch wheels, Continental tires, No black pack... etc

Last edited by vika01; 06-24-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:45 PM
Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

WOAH, there......when I saw this post from you I thought you were putting your F-TYPE on the market!

Now I see you have not lost your mind......

I'll have to take a look at that one.

-Mike

Old 06-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MaineJagMike
WOAH, there......when I saw this post from you I thought you were putting your F-TYPE on the market!

Now I see you have not lost your mind......

I'll have to take a look at that one.

-Mike
My dear friend. You KNOW better than that! Like DJS, Unhingd, and MBourne, I will be taking my 2015 V6S - bought at your outstanding dealership going on 5 years - to the grave. One can hope that that is not anytime soon.

I know you are the expert at pricing and I was curious just how low I thought that car went on BaT.

I speak for the entire Forum when I say we eagerly await your opinion.

Best regards,
Jay

Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
I assume some of you saw this listing on BringATrailer [BaT] - my daily p^%$ site:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-jaguar-f-type-2/

I'm just a bit surprised that it went for that cheap! What am I missing?

I didn’t have time yesterday to hit your link, it’s one I did follow when it was active. A basic configuration but it is a rare MT and brought less than I thought it would. That’s a danger with a no reserve auction.

I have a ‘16 F-TYPE S 3-pedal coupe that is loaded up for sale right now, makes me wonder where the market is for the MT cars!

Old 06-25-2019, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

I didn’t have time yesterday to hit your link, it’s one I did follow when it was active. A basic configuration but it is a rare MT and brought less than I thought it would. That’s a danger with a no reserve auction.

I have a ‘16 F-TYPE S 3-pedal coupe that is loaded up for sale right now, makes me wonder where the market is for the MT cars!
Marketing an MT would be a key factor for pricing. The right buyer would pay significantly more for an MT than an AT, but the typical buyer would be interested at a much lower number. If, heaven forbid, something happened to mine, I'd be willing to pay $5-10k more for another MT than for a comparable AT. BTW, what color is your MT. I might get a spare. (now that I've blown my negotiating leverage)

MaineJagMike (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Default A Wolf In Wolf’s Clothing!

I thought that you might have seen that Mike while it was listed. What I don’t think you knew was that I scheduled to come into Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - today - merely to pick up a Jaguar shirt your fine Parts Manager ordered for me. (Sorry I didn’t tell you in advance).

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Marketing an MT would be a key factor for pricing. The right buyer would pay significantly more for an MT than an AT, but the typical buyer would be interested at a much lower number. If, heaven forbid, something happened to mine, I'd be willing to pay $5-10k more for another MT than for a comparable AT. BTW, what color is your MT. I might get a spare. (now that I've blown my negotiating leverage)
Holy Hell! Mike tossed me the keys to a stunning 2016 Jaguar F-Type S in Italian Racing Red (I think it had just over 16,000 miles) with, yes, you guessed it MT! What a beauty. It drove magnificently and both the clutch and the throws were just splendid!!! Not sure what he is asking for it but if anyone is looking for a cream puff (16,000+ miles?), and an MT at that, I know where you can get it. (But only after I take it to Portland for lunch; Mike said I should drive it a bit more...and who am I to argue?)

The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
MaineJagMike (06-25-2019), Mbourne (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

There's a note in there somewhere that the title had a lien on it. I expect that had an effect on the sale price.

RickyJay52 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Lance, there's no reason you couldn't store this one away while you wait for 'something' to happen to yours!

RickyJay52 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by lizzardo
There's a note in there somewhere that the title had a lien on it. I expect that had an effect on the sale price.

I didn't notice that in the sale but yes, that would turn off some people.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not surprised. I've been watching the price of these cars very closely for over a year and a half leading up to my purchase. I recently bought a certified pre-owned 2017 premium coupe (caldera red, sport design pack, black pack, glass roof, switchable exhaust, 19" wheels, premium audio, 14-way seat adjustment, etc) that came with a 7-year/100k mile jaguar warranty for less than $37k. It did have 39k miles, but the long CPO warranty more than makes up for that. Honestly, I would not have even considered that white car at the price at which it ended.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:23 PM

I thought that you might have seen that Mike while it was listed. What I don’t think you knew was that I scheduled to come into Scarborough Jaguar/Land Rover - today - merely to pick up a Jaguar shirt your fine Parts Manager ordered for me. (Sorry I didn’t tell you in advance).

Holy Hell! Mike tossed me the keys to a stunning 2016 Jaguar F-Type S in Italian Racing Red (I think it had just over 16,000 miles) with, yes, you guessed it MT! What a beauty. It drove magnificently and both the clutch and the throws were just splendid!!! Not sure what he is asking for it but if anyone is looking for a cream puff (16,000+ miles?), and an MT at that, I know where you can get it. (But only after I take it to Portland for lunch; Mike said I should drive it a bit more...and who am I to argue?)

I’ve never seen Jay with a bigger smile on his face than when he came back from driving this car! And I must say that I had a grin from ear to ear myself after a nice drive....These cars are nothing short of brilliant....in the design, engineering, performance, and visceral enjoyment. WOW

RickyJay52 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

I’ve never seen Jay with a bigger smile on his face than when he came back from driving this car! And I must say that I had a grin from ear to ear myself after a nice drive....These cars are nothing short of brilliant....in the design, engineering, performance, and visceral enjoyment. WOW
You ain’t kidding (thanks again for the opportunity). And as much I as love my auto, I will go on the record and state: THE MT IS MORE FUN! No question.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

You ain’t kidding (thanks again for the opportunity). And as much I as love my auto, I will go on the record and state: THE MT IS MORE FUN! No question.
Jay, time for a trade?

Old 06-25-2019, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

Jay, time for a trade?
As much as I genuinely LOVED driving that IRR V6S beauty today:

1) considering that 2 of the 4 cars I own are MT - thereby fulfilling my desire to row my own gears and
2) that baby is destined to be in MBourne’s garage - a perfect complement to his white V8 vert and
3) like you and DJS and MBourne, my car’s going to the grave with me - the final non-event I’ll host...

The answer to your question my dear friend is no. Tempting and intoxicating for sure...but no.

I will add that while leaving my garage in Portland today that IRR garnered quite a number of people admiring it, seemingly more than my Stratus Gray gets. And since I like flying-under-the-radar...

Last edited by RickyJay52; 06-25-2019 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 187 Posts

Interesting combo of options! Expensive interior option but basically a base car?

Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,122 Likes on 2,303 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
Interesting combo of options! Expensive interior option but basically a base car?
Yep, a stripper other than the seats.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I think being a base car and combined with no reserve made this sale what it is. If you search bat there are a few others that have sold for more money. There was a forum members upgraded V6S that went for a great price, considering the CCB brake upgrades, carbon fiber trim adders, etc. BAT has some nice offerings, but realize buyer also pays a commission and shipping costs on top of sale price if I recall. I think commission is 5%.

Old 06-27-2019, 05:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
I think being a base car and combined with no reserve made this sale what it is. If you search bat there are a few others that have sold for more money. There was a forum members upgraded V6S that went for a great price, considering the CCB brake upgrades, carbon fiber trim adders, etc. BAT has some nice offerings, but realize buyer also pays a commission and shipping costs on top of sale price if I recall. I think commission is 5%.
Good points Vince, and good morning to you! Yes, BaT fees are 5% up to $100,000. Beyond that it still caps out at $5,000. And, yes, of course one does have to pay to either ship it or pick it up.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

Good points Vince, and good morning to you! Yes, BaT fees are 5% up to $100,000. Beyond that it still caps out at $5,000. And, yes, of course one does have to pay to either ship it or pick it up.
I've seen some very nice vehicles on there. I think 3-4 f types. There was a bit of a squabble in the comments on BaT allowing newer cars like the f-type, but didn't stop the bidding.

Quick Reply: For sale - cheap!