F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Heaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Seat Heaters

Mine haven't worked since I got the car a month ago. Finally got off my a$$ and looked in the owner's manual for a fuse. There it was, F11, left side below the A pillar. Flashlight (torch for those that used to own us) in hand I crawled under the dash to search for F11. Good thing that F11 is the only 25A fuse in the box because the fuse numbers are pretty much invisible. Holding the flashlight in one hand and 90 degree needle nose in the other, I pulled the fues. Sure enough it was blown. A quick trip to get fuses. Put the new one in while in the parking lot (no pliers needed) and voila, glorious seat heat.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 360 Posts

That fuse box sounds like an easy one to work with. If you need to access the rear cabin fuse box in an X351 XJ you need to remove the rear seats and insulation to access it. Why they design them into the hardest of places to access I do not know. The manual shows there being a hatch you can open to access it - that is a lie! (At least on mine.)

The older models used to have a diagram showing the layout of the fuse boxes so you could work out which one you needed without using a microscope. The F Type manual doesn't have any digrams as far as I can see, which is a shame.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:58 PM
BMo
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Thankfully an easy fix!

Old 01-31-2016, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by xdave
. The F Type manual doesn't have any digrams as far as I can see, which is a shame.
Ta least for MY14 it's on page 155 of the owner's manual. Fuse locations are on the following pages.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:45 PM

Fuse blew again today. Heaters worked great this morning when I first started out. Stopped at WaWa. When I turned the heaters on, level 2 cooked my a$$ in a way that level 3 never has. This evening, heaters didn't work so I replaced the fuse. Something is definitely wrong and I suspect that level 2 cooking me is a clue. I'll eventually take it in for service.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Yep, you would likely have had a fire if you didn't turn the seat heaters off. I once had a similar thing happen when using a radar detector. The cord started smoking and it burned the crap out of me when I unplugged it. In that quick second, parts of the cord melted down to the metal wire.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:22 PM

Took it in for service on Saturday and picked it up today. Man how I missed it.

Three things to fix. Coat hook behind the driver's seat, speaker rattle in driver's door, seat heater intermittently blowing the fuse.

All 3 fixed. They did the TSB on the speaker and "checked software level and configured audio amp module." I had no idea and have seen nothing on this forum about software for the audio amp.

When I took it in, I didn't expect them to be able to fix the seat heater - intermittent electrical problems are hard to find - neither did the Service Advisor. But the tech wasn't having it. While he was waiting for parts for the other two issues, he took the driver's seat out and started looking around. Voila, a frayed wire. I brought him a 6 pack for the effort.

The dealer uses Enterprise for their loaners. They gave me a 2014 XF. (I know that I'll **** off some people here with this, but flame suit on...) What a piece of crap. 4 cyl. turbo. I don't know if it was lag or there was something wrong with it, but it really felt like it hesitated every time that I stepped on it. Always had to press the right pedal 1/3 to 1/2 down to get any reaction even in sport (such as it is) mode. And the interior was nothing to brag about either. I'm not sure that the seats were leather, but doors and dash certainly weren't. MSRP was something like $50k. Frankly a $25k Impala is nicer and runs better. I hope that it was just this one, but if not it would turn off buyers to the brand. Rant over.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogbreath!
The dealer uses Enterprise for their loaners. They gave me a 2014 XF. (I know that I'll **** off some people here with this, but flame suit on...) What a piece of crap. 4 cyl. turbo. I don't know if it was lag or there was something wrong with it, but it really felt like it hesitated every time that I stepped on it. Always had to press the right pedal 1/3 to 1/2 down to get any reaction even in sport (such as it is) mode. And the interior was nothing to brag about either. I'm not sure that the seats were leather, but doors and dash certainly weren't. MSRP was something like $50k. Frankly a $25k Impala is nicer and runs better. I hope that it was just this one, but if not it would turn off buyers to the brand. Rant over.
Good to hear you got the seat warmer fixed. Yah the 2.0 turbo (which is sourced from Ford) is a bit of a let down. The amount of turbo lag is unbelievable. Its like "no power no power no power...POWAAAA!"

Old 04-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Took it in for service on Saturday and picked it up today. Man how I missed it.

Three things to fix. Coat hook behind the driver's seat, speaker rattle in driver's door, seat heater intermittently blowing the fuse.

All 3 fixed. They did the TSB on the speaker and "checked software level and configured audio amp module." I had no idea and have seen nothing on this forum about software for the audio amp.

When I took it in, I didn't expect them to be able to fix the seat heater - intermittent electrical problems are hard to find - neither did the Service Advisor. But the tech wasn't having it. While he was waiting for parts for the other two issues, he took the driver's seat out and started looking around. Voila, a frayed wire. I brought him a 6 pack for the effort.

Glad to hear it went well. Ive not taken the car in yet for a real service but its coming up soon. Glad to hear they treated you well. My wife had that same loaner I think! it was awful as i recall. I was certainly happy with the sales side of the house so glad to learn the service side may be good as well.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

I don't think it's a turbo-lag issue. My loaner last week thru the weekend was a XF-S with the 380 horse supercharged V-6. Any time I stepped on it, the transmission would take a second or more to figure out which of the 8 speeds it wanted to settle into. Selecting dynamic mode made it nominally better, but not by much. The 380 watt sound system did sound better than the 770 watt version we have, but the rest of the experience was quite disappointing. The suspension floated about as badly as a '70s vintage Cadillac and offered no real driving enjoyment. All of my vehicles listed in my signature are much more fun to drive. For Jag's sake, I hope the XE build is executed better.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:00 PM

They also gave me a copy of the service history. (This was a CPO) Nothing stood out. 1 year svc performed at 6900 miles. Oil change at 8500. A s/w update to the climate control K243, one to the touch screen (K200B), Campaign J047 whatever that is.

The s/w upgrades may be because this is an early car.

At any rate I'm glad to have it back and I have nothing but good words for that dealer,l except that my Benz dealer picks the C63 up and leaves a loaner even for out of warranty stuff like oil changes. Jag doesn't

Old 04-07-2016, 08:34 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

J047 is for fixing faulty wiring in a seatbelt tensioner.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
J047 is for fixing faulty wiring in a seatbelt tensioner.
As a minor clarification, it is to check for faulty wiring. Mine was wired correctly as were the vast majority covered by J047.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:42 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,062 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Ah. My invoice said they swapped wires in the harness, so I made a blanket assumption. Faulty logic, in addition to faulty wiring.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Mine haven't worked since I got the car a month ago. Finally got off my a$$ and looked in the owner's manual for a fuse. There it was, F11, left side below the A pillar. Flashlight (torch for those that used to own us) in hand I crawled under the dash to search for F11. Good thing that F11 is the only 25A fuse in the box because the fuse numbers are pretty much invisible. Holding the flashlight in one hand and 90 degree needle nose in the other, I pulled the fues. Sure enough it was blown. A quick trip to get fuses. Put the new one in while in the parking lot (no pliers needed) and voila, glorious seat heat.
I'm sure mine has a fuse extraction tool (plastic gripper/plier) jobbie in the fusebox...a bit less 'Heath Robinson' than pliers ;-)
Look in the fuse box for a small red widget....