To be fair, Bose is notoriously bad.

No highs? No lows? Must be Bose!

BOSE is actually an acronym that stands for "Buy Other Stereo Equipment."

The following users liked this post:
LobsterClaws (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Here you go. She was fabulous to deal with!!! Good Luck.
Pianca Vázquez
Senior Executive Liaison

T: +1.201.818.8432 | F: +1.888.410.0937
E: pherna35@jaguarlandrover.com
Awesome, thank you!

slojotaa (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Rating the Meridian system

Guys,
On a scale of one to ten, being honest with your rating decesion where do you feel the Jaguar audio system is with an objective rating number. Thanks

Old 02-23-2016, 08:46 PM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

7 of 10: it meets most of my needs. Bluetooth with iphone works fine, although a little slow/unresponsive. Plays decent at moderate volumes. Overall sound is not impressive - and that has to be the most important part of a sound system rating. I expected much better, I don't feel the components are up to par for the car.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubad2
Guys,
On a scale of one to ten, being honest with your rating decesion where do you feel the Jaguar audio system is with an objective rating number. Thanks
360W system, i would have given it a 2 out of 10, prior to the dealer working on it, and now give it a 8 out of 10..... Big Difference.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:56 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Guys,
Hmm.. I'll give it a 3. It's worse than what some F-Type competitors have in their cars and it made me hate listening to music I normally love. That being said, it's definitely not even close to the worst I've heard.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

6/10 for audio quality alone...3/10 when I consider the cost of that particular option.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Banned
Default Wow... Really ?!?!?!?

Guys... guys, guys .....
Your making it seem as though Jaguar installed a "YORK" stereo in the car. I am placing my order for my car in March so I can take delivery in early July for the rebate program. Therefore I don't understand why you guys are trashing the stock stereo system. What exactly is wrong with it. What does it lack. Thank you.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

What the system lacks is really dependent on your frame of reference. If you are an audiophile it probably isn't great. If you are like me and your hearing has been ravished by years of motorcycles, chainsaws, and loud music then it sounds fine. I also have a vert, so the "listening room" is not the quietest and changes dramatically depending on top up or down.

Besides, the best music comes from the tailpipes.

The following 2 users liked this post by Dogbreath!:
Foosh (02-24-2016), Mbourne (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 08:21 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Guys... guys, guys .....
Your making it seem as though Jaguar installed a "YORK" stereo in the car. I am placing my order for my car in March so I can take delivery in early July for the rebate program. Therefore I don't understand why you guys are trashing the stock stereo system. What exactly is wrong with it. What does it lack. Thank you.
I could talk for an hour about what I feel it lacks..but I don't have your ears. Only you do. My best advice for you is this: Make a playlist of your favorite songs however you normally listen to them. If that's streaming go with streaming. If it's lossless files, go with that. Then take your music source and playlist to the dealership and listen. Turn it as loud as you think you will want to go. Play your favorite songs and see what you think. Do the same at lower volume. See what you think.

Only you can decide if it's something you need to upgrade or are fine with. Some people here think it is terrible (me!). Some people here think it's great. We are all both right and wrong.

The following 2 users liked this post by LobsterClaws:
slojotaa (02-25-2016), Ubad2 (02-24-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jm717
So I had my car in the shop for a few days to get my speaker rattle taken care of. They did an amazing job and the problem is solved for me. What the dealer did was the following (excerpt from the invoice):

New Dynamat Xtreme installed in left and right door panels, cables and any loose components fastened. JTB00432NAS1 was performed, including configuring amplifier module using IDS/USB and some additional insulation kit.

I think the Tech Bulletin is brand new. I find the software config done to the amplifier module interesting. I wonder if this adjusts "what frequencies are sent to what speakers" or something. I don't know, all speculation, and I am not sure if the dealer even knows exactly what the sw config does to the system. Someone with detailed insight to to the JTB00432NAS1 might be able to tell I suppose.

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the happy outcome, it worked perfectly for my specific issue. All done as a warranty repair at no charge - and they provided a brand new XF as loaner with valet. My dealer is JLR Harrisburg, highly recommended! They are very friendly, and fixed my issue the right way without repeated visits. They took great care of me during the sales process as well, but it’s always an unknown about the service experience when you don’t have prior car purchases with the dealer. No singing and dancing, just old fashioned great customer service and desire to do what's right. Refreshing!
I mentioned your invoice note to my dealer, and they said they can't find that TSB in their system. Are you sure that's the right number?

That said, my dealer is being really difficult in this case, saying the audio issue happens on other F-Types on the lot (no surprise), and that it's an issue with the songs I gave them on a USB stick, even though we played them in another Jaguar XE/XF and a Jaguar SUV without issue.

They're saying they can't do anything more for me and that I should contact Jaguar NA...

Old 02-26-2016, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by pistol
I mentioned your invoice note to my dealer, and they said they can't find that TSB in their system. Are you sure that's the right number?

That said, my dealer is being really difficult in this case, saying the audio issue happens on other F-Types on the lot (no surprise), and that it's an issue with the songs I gave them on a USB stick, even though we played them in another Jaguar XE/XF and a Jaguar SUV without issue.

They're saying they can't do anything more for me and that I should contact Jaguar NA...
A google search reveals the TSB you mention:
JTB00432NAS1
VIBRATIONS AND/OR RATTLES WHEN LISTENING TO THE ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
2015-10-13

However it doesn't seem to apply to my particular model, although I think it really should:

Old 02-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pistol

Perhaps the TBS was later superseded by a newer TBS? Anyway, attached is copy of the one that was current at the time. My dealer did quite a bit more than what was in the TBS though, such as extra felt tape and dynamat. It worked fine for me, i.e. it took care of a the rattle/vibration I had. Is the sound system amazing in general? No, but at least the rattle is gone and that makes it fine for my purposes. If dealer tells you that you should contact Jaguar NA to move the case along, then that is exactly what I would do if I were you. I think it helps the dealer get "allowances" from Jaguar to get the job done. I know my dealer was in contact with his regional Jag representative, I did not need to get involved to push that along.

pistol (02-26-2016)
Old 02-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Banned
Default British car needs British music

How would the Jag stereo handle this type of music. Some of you will like it and I know some will hate it. My teen era was listening to Priest and other metal music.
I still like it at my age. Gets the blood pumping especially at the gym.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:01 PM
Banned
Old 02-26-2016, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

If you think you'll have any problems playing that on the Meridian...you've got another thing coming!

Old 02-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Banned
Default Good one !

Originally Posted by Unhingd
If you think you'll have any problems playing that on the Meridian...you've got another thing coming!
That was a cleaver witty reply buddy ! Those guys are metal gods !