F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Porting

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 10:17 PM
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Supercharger Porting

What’re the risks? There’s a shop by me that’ll port the TVS1900 for $1,400. Claiming +50hp/ftlbs. The Jag tech I’ve been working with speaks highly of the shop. They’ll even powder coat the SC your color of choice for another $400 (if showing off at a car show is your thing).

Has anyone here done it or considered/researched? It would put the car at about 700hp with my current VAP Stg3 set-up. I know these blocks (open-deck design) are only rated for 700-800hp.

Old 10-26-2023, 11:30 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ftype_rick
What’re the risks? There’s a shop by me that’ll port the TVS1900 for $1,400. Claiming +50hp/ftlbs. The Jag tech I’ve been working with speaks highly of the shop. They’ll even powder coat the SC your color of choice for another $400 (if showing off at a car show is your thing).

Has anyone here done it or considered/researched? It would put the car at about 700hp with my current VAP Stg3 set-up. I know these blocks (open-deck design) are only rated for 700-800hp.
I plan on opening up mine a little myself. I know another shop does this with state of the art equipment(not sure if I can name names) but the price is up there. To me with your dual pulley, I'd imagine upwards of 30-50 hp is achievable. If they know what they're doing, that cost seems reasonable. I expect 20-30 more hp when I do mine, but ultimately lower temps is what I'm after. I know some radical porting involves welding etc.. If you decide to do this keep us updated!

Old 10-27-2023, 05:25 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

I know that ItsmeJoshy has done this, though he isn’t on the forums much anymore. He reports 700+ HP.

Old 10-27-2023, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 410 Likes on 302 Posts

Me and boosted Ricky has done it he's running 10,s in the 1/4mile with his Xf,800 horses, fastest jaguar out there

The following users liked this post:
Muhstang81 (10-27-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 11:36 PM
Received 161 Likes on 76 Posts

Apparently it is a good mod but you must have a custom tune afterwards
vap have their version undergoing development
Reputation wise I hear Jokerz supercharger porting is well respected

Old 10-28-2023, 03:18 PM
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman2
Apparently it is a good mod but you must have a custom tune afterwards
vap have their version undergoing development
Reputation wise I hear Jokerz supercharger porting is well respected
Yes, Jokerz is the shop by me offering the porting. I get nervous though with them messing with VAPs tune. Not sure how they compare…

Old 10-28-2023, 03:34 PM

Yes it's all down to the tune
not sure who is doing the post ported tuning

Old 10-28-2023, 04:07 PM

Not sure if it requires a tune. I would think the computer would be able to compensate. Just live feed it and watch your afr's while doing a rip. Jokerz is also who I was referring to. I plan on using hptuners in the near future and do the tuning myself once my car goes back under the knife. Probably this winter.

Old 10-28-2023, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,308 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Brett at Jokerz seems to have done a number of 5.0L Jaguars too. He has huge experience with the TVS1900 as it was used on the CTS-V.
When I first talked to Brett he said he does them but nothing listed on the web site. But now they must have gotten more popular because here is his Jaguar TVS1900 porting package;

Ported TVS1900

$1450 (Higher than when I last spoke to him!) and he claims +50HP and +40 FT-LB for the full port. Normally porting the blower does not require any tuning but I am sure if you can dyno tune there will be more HP to be found! Note VAP is releasing Harrop's TVS2300 and state no tune is required.

With the larger TVS 2300 almost out are you sure you want to stay with the smaller TVS1900? VAP has said they will be releasing kits (Currently it's listed as back ordered) with stock and smaller diameter pullies and matching tunes? Pricing seems to be in the $5700 range. Although it comes with a stock size pulley and that version does NOT require a tune.
TVS2300

It's a sneaky install as it is all stock looking and bolts in place without any other mods! Stealth indeed!
Big question is power? I will let you research that for yourselves if your interested.
Note also that Harrop installs a solid coupler.
Also note it has the electronic bypass so unless you convert the early cars this is for 2014 and up. I "think" that's when Jaguar changed from vacuum bypass to electronic. Not sure as it could have been 2013?

Now ponder a ported TVS2300 blower!

dangoesfast (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Brett at Jokerz seems to have done a number of 5.0L Jaguars too. He has huge experience with the TVS1900 as it was used on the CTS-V.
When I first talked to Brett he said he does them but nothing listed on the web site. But now they must have gotten more popular because here is his Jaguar TVS1900 porting package;

Ported TVS1900

$1450 (Higher than when I last spoke to him!) and he claims +50HP and +40 FT-LB for the full port. Normally porting the blower does not require any tuning but I am sure if you can dyno tune there will be more HP to be found! Note VAP is releasing Harrop's TVS2300 and state no tune is required.

With the larger TVS 2300 almost out are you sure you want to stay with the smaller TVS1900? VAP has said they will be releasing kits (Currently it's listed as back ordered) with stock and smaller diameter pullies and matching tunes? Pricing seems to be in the $5700 range. Although it comes with a stock size pulley and that version does NOT require a tune.
TVS2300

It's a sneaky install as it is all stock looking and bolts in place without any other mods! Stealth indeed!
Big question is power? I will let you research that for yourselves if your interested.
Note also that Harrop installs a solid coupler.
Also note it has the electronic bypass so unless you convert the early cars this is for 2014 and up. I "think" that's when Jaguar changed from vacuum bypass to electronic. Not sure as it could have been 2013?

Now ponder a ported TVS2300 blower!
I've thought about the tvs2300 blower too;however, will this blower be able to be used to its capacity on the jag block? That's the question... I've read speculation on the engine being able to handle 700 to maybe 800 crank. If that's all it can handle then the 1900 will be the perfect maxed out blower option. Yes I know there are internals now etc for the engine, but what about the block itself? Will be interesting to see when somebody puts the bigger blower on for some testing. This is a lot of the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet, and was going to port it myself for "free". Looking forward to the bigger blower testing.

JgaXkr (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 09:13 PM

I don't know of anyone who has a ported 1900 and twin pulleys and a proven safe tune

Old 10-28-2023, 09:46 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

I’ll ask ItsmeJoshy to drop by, I think he has all of that.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
ftype_rick (10-28-2023), Muhstang81 (10-28-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 03:17 AM

I think the quality of Jokerz porting is undoubtedly top notch work and achieves Preety much everything he claims
the major issue is getting a safe and reliable tune to accommodate a twin pulley set up
I was all set to pull the trigger on the ported 1900 package but couldn't get anyone to do a tune

Old 10-29-2023, 08:42 AM
Received 151 Likes on 81 Posts

I receive many emails on this topic daily, it’s also no secret to some that have chatted with us over phone, so let me clear the air publicly…

Providing someone has our VAP Stage 3 tune, they can run a ported blower and do not need a retune for a ported blower..

However….running more charged air than our current offerings will max out the fuel system. The stock fuelling cannot provide enough fuel to make over the 660-670bhp range without going full duty cycle.

We’ve tested this on all the platforms running an AJ133 with extensive reviewing via our own VAP proprietary data logger. If anyone states they can make more power on just tune and pulley combos, it’s simply a display of smoke and mirrors in front of you.

We’ve been working relentlessly at releasing the TVS2300, but to go past boost levels that our dual pulley kit creates on the TVS1900, will require some additional hardware upgrades, one of those being to the fuel system.

Nonetheless, everyone is open to use our VAP Stage 3 files with a ported blowers on the AJ133, but if your engine is running superb and achieving commanded timing, odds are you are near the limit of the fuel system and any more “boost” will just lean out the fuel.

No tuning is going to overcome this issue without the required upgraded parts. Actually, let me correct that statement…Tuning can correct the issue with no hardware upgrades, providing power is dropped in the tune via venting off boost pressure or reducing max load.

Currently, we do not have an exact ETA on when these parts will be available, but they will be needed to also run full E85 on this AJ133. Testing already commenced few months back, and revising parts as we see required. This way, when we come out with the final products, you can rest assured they have been tested through many hours to prove reliable.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

The following 6 users liked this post by Tuning@VelocityAP:
(BMW)Doctor (03-30-2024), dangoesfast (10-29-2023), DJS (10-29-2023), dmchao (11-29-2023), Jamal302 (02-04-2024), scm (10-29-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-29-2023, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP
I receive many emails on this topic daily, it’s also no secret to some that have chatted with us over phone, so let me clear the air publicly…

Providing someone has our VAP Stage 3 tune, they can run a ported blower and do not need a retune for a ported blower..

However….running more charged air than our current offerings will max out the fuel system. The stock fuelling cannot provide enough fuel to make over the 660-670bhp range without going full duty cycle.

We’ve tested this on all the platforms running an AJ133 with extensive reviewing via our own VAP proprietary data logger. If anyone states they can make more power on just tune and pulley combos, it’s simply a display of smoke and mirrors in front of you.

We’ve been working relentlessly at releasing the TVS2300, but to go past boost levels that our dual pulley kit creates on the TVS1900, will require some additional hardware upgrades, one of those being to the fuel system.

Nonetheless, everyone is open to use our VAP Stage 3 files with a ported blowers on the AJ133, but if your engine is running superb and achieving commanded timing, odds are you are near the limit of the fuel system and any more “boost” will just lean out the fuel.

No tuning is going to overcome this issue without the required upgraded parts. Actually, let me correct that statement…Tuning can correct the issue with no hardware upgrades, providing power is dropped in the tune via venting off boost pressure or reducing max load.

Currently, we do not have an exact ETA on when these parts will be available, but they will be needed to also run full E85 on this AJ133. Testing already commenced few months back, and revising parts as we see required. This way, when we come out with the final products, you can rest assured they have been tested through many hours to prove reliable.
Thanks for chiming in Stuart. My question, is this an injector max duty or the in tank pump not being able to keep up? I read another person has switched to a hellcat in take pump with some modification so that they could run full e85 because the in tank pump couldn't keep up, leading me to believe that the injectors still had some overhead if the pump was switched out.

Old 10-29-2023, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,308 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Hey great news and thanks for the update!
Will you be offering upgraded fuel pumps? This is a major deal on the other DI car I am running. It's a twin turbo platform with lots of aftermarket support.
As you say with the power at a certain level your stock fuel system starts running out of beans and things go south with a too lean condition.

Old 10-29-2023, 09:09 AM

Great info as usual from vap so it can be done but you wld be taking a chance at 100% duty cycle

Old 10-29-2023, 11:44 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 1,087 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhstang81
Thanks for chiming in Stuart.
Er, that was Christopher.

Old 10-29-2023, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by scm
Er, that was Christopher.
Whoopsie, thanks Christopher! 😂

Old 10-30-2023, 07:54 AM

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this mod is really for the big power guys
I am not a techy in any way but I am guessing uprated fuel pumps and mafs wld be just the start and possibly even injectors

Tbh the vap dual pulley and gearbox tune are more than adequate for your average road driver and pushing the V8 above 700hp will not only be very expensive but possible pushing the internals too much

Quick Reply: Supercharger Porting