Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ten car mods that make people think you're an ***hole

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
I even have had an 80yr. Vette driver 'challenge' me at a stop light already. That is a little bit ridiculous.
Once I see "Florida" I expect that nothing afterwards will be surprising.

On the original topic, what if it's not a mod, but a "fashion statement?" I exiting the gas station this morning and an Aston Martin was entering. I almost thought "nice" but noticed the driver. Tank top and backwards baseball cap, and 15-20 years younger than me. Is it wrong to hate him? I'm going to go with "no."

Old 06-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Like George Carlin said - anyone over the age of 11 with a backwards baseball cap is a azzhole.

Exception: RollerCoaster Ride; then fix it.

The following users liked this post:
Doug (06-18-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Did he win???

Originally Posted by SamtheSham
Main reason I bought my F-type(vs. another corvette) is that here in S.W. Fla. many of the corvettes (esp.C-7's) would fit the list. Sorry to those who have both Vettes and F-Types. Too many late bloomers finally getting their fantasy realized.
I even have had an 80yr. Vette driver 'challenge' me at a stop light already. That is a little bit ridiculous.

Old 06-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I think he did, I missed the light, as I sat there laughing too hard watching as he roared off! As Lizzardo says, in Florida you can expect anything. Been here 30 years, and still am amazed daily, but then I have spent a bit of time in California, and there is little room for "Mis-amazement" there. As my Dad always said, "Every body has their own little sack of rocks. Long as they don't throw them at me, we gonna get along just fine".
Good time to say "Happy Father's Day" to All you other Dads out there. Wish I could.

The following users liked this post:
Doug (06-18-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Originally Posted by CRS 123
HID kits in stock housings..... I see spots for days :-(
CRS
In my neck o' the woods, at least, drivers have become quite enthralled with automotive lighting. Perhaps even fetish-like. All sorts of upgraded lights, fog lamps in use 24/7/365, etc. Brake lights/turn signals that sear eyeballs like a laser beam. Particularly odd, IMO, at the license plate lights that are so bright they could darn near serve as headlights....if you were driving backwards. All in use on very well lit city streets and interstates. Very annoying at times; sometimes dangerous.

I remember the old days when you were king of the road if you had the fastest car. Nowadays whoever has the brightest lights wins, I guess.

Cheers
DD

Old 06-18-2017, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Like George Carlin said - anyone over the age of 11 with a backwards baseball cap is a azzhole.

Exception: RollerCoaster Ride; then fix it.
I'm a bit more liberal and consider 19 years old the limit

And I'll add another exception: in my days of hot rod boats (previous life, another story) you flipped your hat backwards before making a high speed run. Otherwise it would blow right off!

Anyhow....

I generally let fashion trends go without comment. To each his own and all of that. But fully grown men with backwards baseball caps has to be about the silliest, most juvenile thing I've witnessed over the years.

But, that's just me. I still wear Wallabees so I shouldn't be too opinionated or outspoken about style-related matters, I reckon

Cheers
DD

Last edited by Doug; 06-18-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Apparently, I'm number one on the list.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2

"Rolling coal" gets my vote as the most moronic fad of the day.

Cheers
DD