F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire tech did a boo boo

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tire tech did a boo boo

Here is disappointing video of a tire tech that bumped my front end, that had a StoNshow license plate. He did not tell anyone. I found out that the license plate was laying horizontal face down when I drove to the car wash.

Here is the dash cam

Good news. That one screw that holds the Sto n Show bracket did a fair bit of damage when it was bent. Around $1600 so far. They are covering it all.

I am getting a new clearcoat on the front end and various pieces of the lower bumper cover. They also aligned my hood for me. Took them 4 hours to align it. Something that Jaguar refused to do. Also, since the front end is off, I am changing out the air filters.

Last edited by Telecom; 05-24-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

I thought Audi was crazy with their "service position" where the entire front end has to be moved forward 4 inches for things like serpentine belt replacement but having to take the front off to get to the air filters is pretty close...glad that's covered on Jaguar's dime for a while at least.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

The look on his face when he hits the curb....

I'm guessing he's looking for work now.

Side question, are you running two separate dash cams on the windshield?

Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Good money bet says he is running a Blackvue. Many dashcams have dual cams, but the Blackvue is probably best for dual. I use a forward facing only cam for full 1440p, but there are definitely advantages to dual.

Like proving you were not texting or talking on your mobile phone (as in holding it). Cops are way too aggressive and often wrong in writing those tickets. A Blackvue or similar cam would prove you were not breaking the law (as well as mobile record).

i defeated such a ticket in court because of my cam's audio. Proved I was not talking on my phone leading up to, and during, being pulled over. Cop had a long fictional story that was embarrassingly defeated in court.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 05-25-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Good money bet says he is running a Blackvue. Many dashcams have dual cams, but the Blackvue is probably best for dual. I use a forward facing only cam for full 1440p, but there are definitely advantages to dual.

Like proving you were not texting or talking on your mobile phone (as in holding it). Cops are way too aggressive and often wrong in writing those tickets. A Blackvue or similar cam would prove you were not breaking the law (as well as mobile record).

i defeated such a ticket in court because of my cam's audio. Proved I was not talking on my phone leading up to, and during, being pulled over. Cop had a long fictional story that was embarrassingly defeated in court.
I have a forward facing camera that I think beats the blackvue in terms of video quality, especially at night. Certainly most people would affix the second channel to the back window with a 2 channel setup. I never considered putting my driving position under surveillance.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The dashcam is just a cheap ebay model. Both cameras can swivel. So when I do get pulled over, I point one of the cameras at the officer. I do not see the model on ebay anymore. It was under $70.00. All my vehicles have one.
Here is a pic I found of the form factor of the ones I have.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Well it did what dash cams do best - paid for itself many times over.

When people ask me about my Dashcam, which one to get, I always say anything is better than nothing. IMO, it is careless to drive w/o one nowadays.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Telecom
The dashcam is just a cheap ebay model. Both cameras can swivel. So when I do get pulled over, I point one of the cameras at the officer. I do not see the model on ebay anymore. It was under $70.00. All my vehicles have one.
Here is a pic I found of the form factor of the ones I have.

Interesting design. Can't believe the guy didn't have the sense to know he was on camera. Not exactly a stealthy setup.