Sponsored by:

VelocityAP Updated Crank Pulley Kit for V6 & V8 Supercharged FType

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:29 PM
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 467 Posts
Default VelocityAP Updated Crank Pulley Kit for V6 & V8 Supercharged FType

Hi Everyone,

A great many of you are already running our crank pulley kit, and for that we thank-you. Very much appreciate the business, you guys rock!

We recently undertook some work to adjust the design for the late MY cars which run a slightly different offset so we now have the pulleys for both the Silver and Black OEM styles. The VIN break is around Q3 2016, with pretty much any 2016-on crate replacement engine having the later black OEM crank pulley.

While we were doing this work, we also were able to amp up the quantities in a big way and achieve some much more preferential pricing on manufacturing.

In addition to this, up until now our setup (and any other companies) also necessitated a longer belt. The OEM belt is a double sided 8 groove v-belt, but since nothing was available from the likes of Gates or Delco in the correct length, and double sided all were forced to use a smooth backed HD belt and swap over the idler pulley to a smooth idler. Works just fine, but added cost and added work. And on the Range Rover and Land Rover products which have a mechanical fan it also required changing over the mechanical fan pulley to a smooth one as well.

So.... we also made pretty substantial investment in setting up to

do this better. We now offer an OEM manufacturing sourced HD belt, in the correct longer length and with a double sided V-groove. It required a pretty big commitment to volume but we believe it's worth it as again, it reduces costs and also makes for a much cleaner install and less work.

As a result, we have been able to reduce the cost of the belt & pulley by $150, both as a standalone option as well as in our tune + pulley kits. We believe this combination of price competitiveness, and ease of installation & correct belt setup will make this the only choice for an aftermarket pulley setup.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following 6 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
DJS (07-20-2018), dmchao (07-23-2018), Mahjik (04-30-2019), SilverArrow2017 (02-23-2021), Whitefpace (07-19-2018), XJ8JR (07-19-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-19-2018, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 526 Likes on 371 Posts

Ugghh...soon...

Old 07-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Stuart,
is there any (durability-?) gain to be had for those with the older smooth idler pulley/Gates belt, to revert back to the OEM idler combined with the new double sided grooved belt?

Old 07-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Whitefpace
Hey Stuart,
is there any (durability-?) gain to be had for those with the older smooth idler pulley/Gates belt, to revert back to the OEM idler combined with the new double sided grooved belt?
Good question. I don't know if one would last longer than the other.

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Hey Stuart,

I see that you only have the one pulley kit now. I seem to recall there being steel and aluminum previously. What's this one?

And yeah, temptation is nibbling away at me.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:24 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Hey Stuart,

I see that you only have the one pulley kit now. I seem to recall there being steel and aluminum previously. What's this one?

And yeah, temptation is nibbling away at me.
Mostly people wanted Aluminum. It's a little less expensive to make. We still have a few steel but Aluminum is by far the most popular.

www.velocityap.com

Old 07-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like good news, so what is the price for the new tune/pulley combo ?
Is it available on your website yet ?
It's nearly Xmas.................right ?

It's Ok I've found it...............

Last edited by magredvet; 07-20-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Order placed !
Hey Stuart, it's ok to run just the tune, until I can get the pulley fitted, correct ? is there anyone you can recommend in the Houston Tx area to fit this pulley ?

Last edited by magredvet; 07-20-2018 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be my first mod but I really don’t know where to have the pulley and tune for that matter installed near Phoenix..... anyone have good shop recommendations for my area?

Old 04-30-2019, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by magredvet
Order placed !
Hey Stuart, it's ok to run just the tune, until I can get the pulley fitted, correct ? is there anyone you can recommend in the Houston Tx area to fit this pulley ?
I would call Eurocharged Performance in Houston - they have a shop in Round Rock who did mine without any fuss...

Old 04-30-2019, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Swoody
This will be my first mod but I really don’t know where to have the pulley and tune for that matter installed near Phoenix..... anyone have good shop recommendations for my area?
Get the pulley installed by a shop if you are not good with the spanners, but install the tune yourself it really is a piece of cake, why pay the shop for the time it takes them to install it when you can easily DIY. The kit comes with an installation instruction sheet.
The only warning is if/when you drive the car back home after having the pulley installed but not (yet) the tune, take it easy, keep the revs under 4,000 and no WOT, otherwise you risk setting off codes and CELs. The OEM engine map is not set up to cater for the new pulley and extra boost but it will still handle low revs and pressure OK.

The following users liked this post:
Swoody (04-30-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Also, don’t try taking it to Eurocharged if you plan on installing the VAP products. They are F-Type tuning competitors. I recommend sticking with the VAP products as they offer much better customer service than Eurocharged. Eurocharged was not very cooperative when I was first looking into tuning my car.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Also, don’t try taking it to Eurocharged if you plan on installing the VAP products. They are F-Type tuning competitors. I recommend sticking with the VAP products as they offer much better customer service than Eurocharged. Eurocharged was not very cooperative when I was first looking into tuning my car.
I had a previous relationship with my local "Eurocharged" guys in Round Rock who had no problem doing the crank pulley as it also wasn't something they offer (SC pulley and tune yes). I handed them the box and they did their magic while I stood and watched...but I take your point.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Received 148 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Swoody
Might be a little of a drive from downtown Pheonix, we have a dealer in NM that can do the install, near El Paso area.

Here's a link to our dealer locator: Velocity Automotive Performance, Inc.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Swoody (05-04-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:10 PM
WJV
Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

What’s the benefit of this?

Old 05-06-2019, 11:15 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by WJV
Lots more hp and torque!

WJV (05-07-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by WJV
Assuming you are talking about the updated pulley and belt and not the massive increase in power and torque, the benefits are per the last sentence of the original post:
"As a result, we have been able to reduce the cost of the belt & pulley by $150, both as a standalone option as well as in our tune + pulley kits. We believe this combination of price competitiveness, and ease of installation & correct belt setup will make this the only choice for an aftermarket pulley setup."

Old 02-23-2021, 08:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does the VAP ribbed belt cost? Does anyone have the specs? I would like to buy one locally in South Africa.

Wha t% bigger is the VAP pulley - I expect I have the black pulley on the 2014

Old 06-28-2021, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Unhingd- I have an R Dynamic 380 manual- I believe you may have a similar model- if so, what’s the real world feel or gain to this? It’s looking like it is a big mid range gain that would definitely be felt? Any info is appreciated as I’m thinking of going for the pulley and tune
thanks!

Old 06-28-2021, 06:44 PM
Received 350 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevigou
Unhingd- I have an R Dynamic 380 manual- I believe you may have a similar model- if so, what’s the real world feel or gain to this? It’s looking like it is a big mid range gain that would definitely be felt? Any info is appreciated as I’m thinking of going for the pulley and tune
thanks!
Not Unhinged but I have the VAP Tune and pulley on my V6S F-Type. Just the tune wakes the car up quite a bit ~415HP but not much increase in torque over stock ~340ft/lb if I remember correctly. Adding the pulley really makes a huge very noticeable difference ~450Hp, ~430-450ft/lb tq.

Quick Reply: VelocityAP Updated Crank Pulley Kit for V6 & V8 Supercharged FType