F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Meth..

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 PM
Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

How is it a biased source? It's not like their saying that only their kits can be used on supercharged cars. They are saying that meth period is fine on supercharged cars I've seen this same info on multiple sites this is just one. People who have actually used meth with this style charger all say the same thing. It's fine to spray precharger etc. People like to repeat info from guys who heard from a friend of a friend. I take my info from the guys who actually run it. The forum is for enthusiasts looking for info. Would you rather me start a new thread on an already brought up topic? That's the whole reason of the search feature. Because I guarantee if I asked this question, I would be told to search because it was discussed before.

The whole you can't or shouldn't run it precharger debate.

Last edited by Terrance39; 06-17-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,755 Likes on 1,326 Posts

I was only pointing out they are a sales company............of water/meth injection kits so I personally would not take their word on everything without some research.

Nothing more nothing less.

You will find my set up detailed in "quest for 450 hp".

I just found your post curious as an "out of the blue" post on a topic a year plus old.

Not that its bad as too many times people start a new thread when a thread already exists on a topic and it does make searching more difficult.

I was not intending to upset you.

Old 06-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Please delete this post.

Last edited by Mpowerr; 06-23-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:48 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Bringing it the thread back from the dead! Since my engine blew up (timing chain tensioner) last year my Aquamist Water Meth injection system has been sitting in my drawer. Now that the XFR is back to running, I wanted to see if anyone has installed a water meth system on their XFR lately? Curious as to where you put the nozzle(s) and where you got your signals from for the boost.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcinsd
Bringing it the thread back from the dead! Since my engine blew up (timing chain tensioner) last year my Aquamist Water Meth injection system has been sitting in my drawer. Now that the XFR is back to running, I wanted to see if anyone has installed a water meth system on their XFR lately? Curious as to where you put the nozzle(s) and where you got your signals from for the boost.
Recommend you post this in the XF thread as you have this in the Ftype thread. Good luck with your project.

Old 03-07-2021, 12:07 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Recommend you post this in the XF thread as you have this in the Ftype thread. Good luck with your project.
Thank you... Just realized I posted in F-Type forum.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philly Single
****...I put on a methanol system in late Spring 2016 and it runs like a damn champion.
at what psi do u set it to start injecting. Also, how much are u injecting?

Old 08-23-2021, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by FType17
That is not the supercharger, it's part of the intake manifold. You can see the two extra holes for the injectors with some black permanent marker
i’m running 4 (size 3 snowperformance) injection nozzles through the plenum in the next few days. Only reason i went with 4 instead of 2 is to ensure that all my cylenders are getting enough meth. Not planning to tune for it, so i have no clue how much i should inject and at what psi. Do you have an idea of how many cc/min i can inject without having the car running too rich?

im running the vap upper pulley + tune. So 11.5 psi is my max boost.
did not go with the crank pulley to not overwhelm my pistons with pressures and my differential with a high load of torque.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by hammam almulhe
i’m running 4 (size 3 snowperformance) injection nozzles through the plenum in the next few days. Only reason i went with 4 instead of 2 is to ensure that all my cylenders are getting enough meth. Not planning to tune for it, so i have no clue how much i should inject and at what psi. Do you have an idea of how many cc/min i can inject without having the car running too rich?

im running the vap upper pulley + tune. So 11.5 psi is my max boost.
did not go with the crank pulley to not overwhelm my pistons with pressures and my differential with a high load of torque.
Lots of variables to consider and not clear on what all you have on your car, so this is JUST A GUIDE.

Assume you are using a variable spray controller? If not, you should be. If variable spray, you SHOULD be safe to start spraying at ~30% throttle/boost, and spray can be full 100% around 70-80% throttle/boost (depending on what you are triggering from).

Do not even know what car you have as you have not indicated that...So again going to assume a V8 - 5.0 Liter (and you said 11.5 PSI boost), and ~ 7000RPM redline, the range of volume spraying should be on the low end 700ML/Min up to 1000 ML/Min.

Again, these are all guidelines. I am running dual nozzles @ ~800 ML/Min.

DC

Old 08-23-2021, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Therock88
Lots of variables to consider and not clear on what all you have on your car, so this is JUST A GUIDE.

Assume you are using a variable spray controller? If not, you should be. If variable spray, you SHOULD be safe to start spraying at ~30% throttle/boost, and spray can be full 100% around 70-80% throttle/boost (depending on what you are triggering from).

Do not even know what car you have as you have not indicated that...So again going to assume a V8 - 5.0 Liter (and you said 11.5 PSI boost), and ~ 7000RPM redline, the range of volume spraying should be on the low end 700ML/Min up to 1000 ML/Min.

Again, these are all guidelines. I am running dual nozzles @ ~800 ML/Min.

DC
hi. Hahhahaha yea sorry for not clarifying that. I have a 2015 f type R with an upper pulley, 200cell downpipes, itg maxogen COI, CWA100-3 sc pump, and aVAP tune. I also live in saudi arabia so it gets up to 120 degrees here regularly and 91AKI is our highest octane here. This is why i’m considering running more meth than water around 60/40 meth/water.

and yes my meth system is a variable spray stage 2E from snow performance + solenoid + a distributer. Each size 3 nozzle is 190ml/min so the 4 in total are 760ml/min at 100% duty cycle. My only concern is that i could be running too rich at 100% duty cycle on high boost levels. F
did you measure your AFR at 800 ml/min or maybe 100-200 draggy times at different duty cycles?

Old 08-23-2021, 07:27 AM

I am running dual nozzle on a dual pulley R. I start my spray at 4psi and ramp it up to full spray at 11psi. I'm seeing max boost at 14-15psi. Been running this for more than 2 years now, with zero issues. Car pulls hard and efficiently, with no heat soak. Also I started out spraying pre charger and saw little change in iat, so I stopped and just sprayed post charger. That gave me the best results.

Last edited by Terrance39; 08-23-2021 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:31 AM

hi. Hahhahaha yea sorry for not clarifying that. I have a 2015 f type R with an upper pulley, 200cell downpipes, itg maxogen COI, CWA100-3 sc pump, and aVAP tune. I also live in saudi arabia so it gets up to 120 degrees here regularly and 91AKI is our highest octane here. This is why i’m considering running more meth than water around 60/40 meth/water.

and yes my meth system is a variable spray stage 2E from snow performance + solenoid + a distributer. Each size 3 nozzle is 190ml/min so the 4 in total are 760ml/min at 100% duty cycle. My only concern is that i could be running too rich at 100% duty cycle on high boost levels. F
did you measure your AFR at 800 ml/min or maybe 100-200 draggy times at different duty cycles?
Is that cwa100-3 pump plug and play?

Old 08-23-2021, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Terrance39
Is that cwa100-3 pump plug and play?
will find out in the next few days. I havent installed this and the meth kit yet

Old 08-23-2021, 09:56 PM
Obi
Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

will find out in the next few days. I havent installed this and the meth kit yet
Will likely have to remove/reuse the cable from the stock pump

Old 08-24-2021, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Obi
Will likely have to remove/reuse the cable from the stock pump
removung and reusing the stock pump cables shouldnt take more than 10 minutes hopefully.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:01 AM
Obi

removung and reusing the stock pump cables shouldnt take more than 10 minutes hopefully.
Accurate.

Side note, if you’re going with the wmi might as well get the lower pulley

Old 08-24-2021, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Obi
Accurate.

Side note, if you’re going with the wmi might as well get the lower pulley
im sooo tempted to do that. Two things are stopping me. First is that i do not know how close im getting to the pistons’s tolerance with the 15psi that comes with the dual pulley. Second. I dont want to overwhelm my already sensitive differential with a **** load of torque.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:50 AM
Obi

Originally Posted by Terrance39
How is it a biased source? It's not like their saying that only their kits can be used on supercharged cars. They are saying that meth period is fine on supercharged cars I've seen this same info on multiple sites this is just one. People who have actually used meth with this style charger all say the same thing. It's fine to spray precharger etc. People like to repeat info from guys who heard from a friend of a friend. I take my info from the guys who actually run it. The forum is for enthusiasts looking for info. Would you rather me start a new thread on an already brought up topic? That's the whole reason of the search feature. Because I guarantee if I asked this question, I would be told to search because it was discussed before.

The whole you can't or shouldn't run it precharger debate.

This post didn’t age well 😂

Old 08-24-2021, 07:52 AM
Obi

im sooo tempted to do that. Two things are stopping me. First is that i do not know how close im getting to the pistons’s tolerance with the 15psi that comes with the dual pulley. Second. I dont want to overwhelm my already sensitive differential with a **** load of torque.
Not for nothing, plenty forum members have went dual pulley without significant problem. But id hate for anything bad to happen to your car. Best of luck!

Old 08-24-2021, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 564 Posts

You may glean some helpful info from my DIY on the install on mine...Lots of ways to do it, but this one is clean an unobtrusive.

Good luck.. LINK HERE

DC

Quick Reply: Water Meth..