F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your F Type today?

Old 03-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I had added the 6mm spacers to provide clearance between the "big brakes" and the 9.5" VS03 wheels. Hopefully the 3mm still provides adequate clearance.
They work perfectly with enough room left over for some wheel flex. Since they are black anodized aluminum, they just look like another contour on the black Wortec rotor center pieces.

Last edited by Unhingd; 03-11-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
They work perfectly with enough room left over for some wheel flex. Since they are black anodized aluminum, they just look like another contour on the black Wortec rotor center pieces.

Unhinged - Note to Self "(When I return from N.O.) Paint the rotor hats, bolts and tiny inner lip of rotor black"......

Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

You are on a roll with your mods Torkmonster. Spoiler looks good, wheels look good, what's next.....
I am waiting anxiously for my new wheels to arrive, and anxiously waiting for winter to end and salt roads to dissipate so I can have them installed.

The following users liked this post:
Tork Monster (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,635 Likes on 3,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Unhinged - Note to Self "(When I return from N.O.) Paint the rotor hats, bolts and tiny inner lip of rotor black"......
probably won’t touch the bolts or washers, but certainly am considering painting the hats a darker black.

Old 03-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CW3SF

Uh no, not that simple.

I bought the car used and the previous owner somehow got that piece extremely faded beyond resurrection. I used 3 different products that are supposed to “simply” bring it back and none of them worked. No way I would have forked over for the new piece if that stuff worked. It looked a little bit better while I first applied it and was right back to full fade out within hours.
Harley Davidson sells a product called Pig Spit …. they spray it on the black motor cooling fins and other plastic parts to make them look like new. I've used it on faded plastic trim and bumpers with good results. Appears to last several months in direct sun, reapply as needed. I wipe off the overspray ASAP with no ill effects.

Old 03-12-2019, 04:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

@addict; Ok, I don't have something for today, but my new wheels are shipping and should have them in a week. Then ceramic coat wheels, refresh ceramic on car, put on wheels.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,130 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yep, I bought a new P button a few days ago from Britcar (in the UK), it should arrive any day now. $12 for the button and $26 for postage!!!
Maybe try one of your local Sydney JLR dealerships first, seeing as every time I have ever enquired about a spare part from the Adelaide JLR dealership they have said "sorry sir, we have to order it from Sydney, and that UK with who knows how much postage cost on top of that.?
Well, I now have a new P button to install. Guess what? I ordered it (under the LR part number) from my local (excellent, always helpful) Jaguar/Land Rover dealer. It was ordered on their regular weekly stock order and it was less than a week in coming. The cost? Less than $10 CAD - period. Including tax. No additional charges. No shipping charge. I always check prices for parts in multiple places and I have found that prices through my dealer are often *lower* than ordering from eBay sources especially when the issue of shipping is considered. A relationship with the dealer is a valuable thing in my experience.
To prevent the same issue of wear as on the original button (which is slight, and visible only to me), the new button has had two coats of plastic-adherent satin clear-coat. I have done the same on the starter button and on the radio on/off button. No need to do it on the ECO button since that system was permanently disabled within an hour of taking delivery of the car (and no, my dealer does not care about that). I love this car.

Last edited by sov211; 03-14-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,113 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211

Well, I now have a new P button to install. Guess what? I ordered it (under the LR part number) from my local (excellent, always helpful) Jaguar/Land Rover dealer. It was ordered on their regular weekly stock order and it was less than a week in coming. The cost? Less than $10 CAD - period. Including tax. No additional charges. No shipping charge. I always check prices for parts in multiple places and I have found that prices through my dealer are often *lower* than ordering from eBay sources especially when the issue of shipping is considered. A relationship with the dealer is a valuable thing in my experience.
To prevent the same issue of wear as on the original button (which is slight, and visible only to me), the new button has had two coats of plastic-adherent satin clear-coat. I have done the same on the starter button and on the radio on/off button. No need to do it on the ECO button since that system was permanently disabled within an hour of taking delivery of the car (and no, my dealer does not care about that). I love this car.
I have mentioned it many times before, but my local JLR dealer is anything but excellent or always helpful, and that is why I didn't bother even contacting them let alone ordering the part from them.
The odds were they would take months (yes months) before they finally got the part if ever, charge me a fortune for it, then insist I had to come to their place to collect it.
Way less hassle and probably less expensive to get it from Britcar who have always done the right thing by me, even if their postage cost is a bit steep sometimes.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 874 Posts

oops

Last edited by BruceTheQuail; 03-15-2019 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 209 Likes on 186 Posts

Roof down and in loud mode!

Old 03-16-2019, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Fixed a flat rear tyre yesterday with my after-market puncture repair kit (Stop and Go Pocket Tyre Plugger), worked a charm and saved me a bundle, highly recommended!

Old 03-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 497 Likes on 373 Posts

Fixed a flat rear tyre yesterday with my after-market puncture repair kit (Stop and Go Pocket Tyre Plugger), worked a charm and saved me a bundle, highly recommended!
If you did this on the side of the road, did you have a jack or lug wrench in the car?

PS: I remember in our Audi's Owners Manual, it said a tire with a repaired puncture should be treated as if it is H rated (112 MPH max). No more track days for you! LOL

Old 03-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
If you did this on the side of the road, did you have a jack or lug wrench in the car?

PS: I remember in our Audi's Owners Manual, it said a tire with a repaired puncture should be treated as if it is H rated (112 MPH max). No more track days for you! LOL
I did it in the comfort of my garage with a trolley jack but it was good practice if I ever need to do it on the side of the road.
I have the OEM scissor jack and an after-market proper lug wrench (with 19 mm socket) in the cubby under the hatch and a bunch of other tools in the cubby.
I've now done some 100 km at speeds up to 90 mph on the repaired tyre and it's good as gold, I am 100% confident it will last until all the tyres need replacing.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:34 AM
Received 171 Likes on 123 Posts

I have mentioned it many times before, but my local JLR dealer is anything but excellent or always helpful, and that is why I didn't bother even contacting them let alone ordering the part from them.
The odds were they would take months (yes months) before they finally got the part if ever, charge me a fortune for it, then insist I had to come to their place to collect it.
Way less hassle and probably less expensive to get it from Britcar who have always done the right thing by me, even if their postage cost is a bit steep sometimes.

bought mine from Britcar, delivery was very slow, and postage more than the product, so I bought 2 so I would have one for the next time. Installed today, easiest fix in history and looks so much better.

Last edited by AnD3rew; 04-19-2019 at 04:37 AM.