F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is my 2015 Type R Coupe worth? w/ Carbon brakes/Project 7 wheels. Pics included

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 10:55 AM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
What about at least keeping the best front/rear just for an at-home spare in case you get an unrepairable flat and need a temporary tire replacement?
That works too, but my garage is filling up with toys too fast to keep old tires around for a just in case scenario. Latest toy - CAB Motorworks makes the Eagle electric mountain bicycle - goes 50 MPH, with insane acceleration. Haven't driven my F-type since they delivered it...

Old 08-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 954 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
You need to buy her a pair of Jimmy Choo's without the lead bottoms
I'm not a Jimmy Choo kind of guy, but this was something I needed to come to grips with (pun intended). For over seven years I had an AWD car with 165 horsepower. With proper choice of modifications I got it handle very well, but there was never going to be any power so I lost touch with throttle control. Off to full throttle was drama-free in almost all conditions. Not so with RWD and more than twice the power, and mine is a mere V6. Fortunately, I've managed to avoid a reprise of "How I learned about poor throttle control on a superbike."

Old 08-17-2018, 11:23 AM
Received 236 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Königin
Ooooooooooookay..............................(whil e searching for the valium)

Let me see if I got this right ~ We bought a high performance car and now we want to star in "The Fast and the Furious"

So, a few disclaimers first:
1 ~ I am a woman
2 ~ I am blonde
3 ~ I have driven this car in the triple digits (very easy to do )
4 ~ I have had this car on track ( Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course)
5 ~ I have never lost control of the rear end
6 ~ It does not get the privilege to be beaten up by salt and snow....and sometimes rain

And, now for my .02 cents:

Both of you need to take a couple of steps back and take a huge breathe
You need to buy a good life insurance policy on her
You need to buy her a pair of Jimmy Choo's without the lead bottoms
Before you let her play in someone else's sandbox, take her to Summit Point Motorsports Park | 4 Road Racing Circuits and Much More, it is where the Secret Service train. And, they have a Driver's Education weekend coming up in October. You would enjoy it also.
A nice E Pace may suit her.

You are a very smart man to come on this forum and ask for advice. You have a magnificent driving machine and we would all like to see it kept in one piece. All the advice given has been 'spot on.'

Enjoy in good health
Epic post! That is what makes this forum a blast, not arguing over pedal actuators.

And to the OP - please don't ever drive that beautiful gloss black machine in the snow. I'm imagining all the swirls in the finish after washing off the ice, salt and road grime....

Old 08-17-2018, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Epic post! That is what makes this forum a blast, not arguing over pedal actuators.

And to the OP - please don't ever drive that beautiful gloss black machine in the snow. I'm imagining all the swirls in the finish after washing off the ice, salt and road grime....
I second that. Please don't drive it in the snow