Who makes the OEM Brake Pads and Rotors? - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Current ) > F-Type ( X152 )
Reload this Page >

Who makes the OEM Brake Pads and Rotors?

Notices
F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards

Who makes the OEM Brake Pads and Rotors?

Old 03-17-2019, 07:44 AM
Default Who makes the OEM Brake Pads and Rotors?

Hello All, I'm sorry for asking but I searched and couldn't find the answer. I have a 2017 F-Type S AWD. Does anyone know who makes the OEM Brake Pads and Rotors? And/Or can recommend where to buy a replacement set?

Please note I've already tried the Porterfields (R4S) and while great for daily driving, they just melted at the track after day 2. I know the RS4 are street pads, but people on this forum suggested they would be good for a track day as well. They were wrong.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:31 AM

This link gives some background on OE, OEM, and "genuine" parts. You may find like with the german brands that Jaguar used multiple vendors over time, so the answer to who made the OEM parts is not as straightforward as it seems.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/oe-acad...b-613ab4bf7e24

If online sources are not conclusive, I'd visit the dealer, maybe the parts department would show you a box of what they sell as OEM.

I don't think the folks that told you R4-S pads would work at the track were intentionally misleading you - keep in mind that some tracks are big and have high average speeds and long straightaways that are not as difficult on brakes as tighter, slower more technical tracks. So R4-S pads may work adequately for some people at their local track, while others will quickly exceed the R4-S's operating temperature limits on another.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chawumba For This Useful Post:
reznik6044 (03-18-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 3,014 Times in 2,281 Posts

The R4-S is a street pad. If you havenít already, try the R4.
TRW is the OEM for the pads.
Also consider EBC Yellowstuff

Old 03-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,033 Times in 857 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd View Post
I don't think Porterfield do the R4 for the F-Type yet, well they didn't last time I checked.
OEM calipers are usually TRW or ATE and OEM pads are usually either TRW or Pagid, it varies by model and year.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

I know that I saw Ate on something when I replaced my pads and rotors. My addled memory was telling me it was pads, but I'm not going to head to storage and open up boxes to check.

The Following User Says Thank You to lizzardo For This Useful Post:
reznik6044 (03-18-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 09:46 PM

The OEM pads are TRW and Galfer (Galfer is rear). Rotors are Centric

The Following User Says Thank You to FType17 For This Useful Post:
reznik6044 (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chawumba View Post
I don't think the folks that told you R4-S pads would work at the track were intentionally misleading you - keep in mind that some tracks are big and have high average speeds and long straightaways that are not as difficult on brakes as tighter, slower more technical tracks. So R4-S pads may work adequately for some people at their local track, while others will quickly exceed the R4-S's operating temperature limits on another.
I understand it's hard to answer that question in general terms, but the fact is they are NOT track pads and should not be recommended for such use. I was at Watkins Glenn which is a fast track, but none the less, my stopping distance was horrible. When I put the OEM pads back on (after melting the Porterfields) my stopping distance improved notably and my lap times improved by about 3-4 seconds.

They are a good low-dust street pad but should not be recommended for track use. The Jag is on the heavy side and these pads are not designed for this use.

Old 03-18-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd View Post
I just ordered a set of Yellowstuff. I'm excited to give them a try. I'm doing Mid-Ohio in April and then Watkins in July. So I'm curious to see how well they perform before I head to Wakins. But I also wanted a set of OEM pads for when I'm street driving.