Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wing / Spoiler and Info DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 960 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by mcphill
Could be current monitoring. Would spike at the end of travel both ways.
I had the same thought. I'm not sure what kind of state is preserved or logic used to determine where the spoiler is. The case that came to mind was if the spoiler is in cleaning position, when the car is started and driven the spoiler reverts to stowed position. I didn't see any position switch in the wiring, which led to the current theory (pun intended). If that's the case, I'd suspect the system is sending a "close" command to the spoiler, which would have no effect if already closed.

Initially I was thinking that a bistable relay could fake the position switch(es) but the wiring diagram seems to preclude that approach.

Old 02-10-2023, 11:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 977 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotR
I got one of those mongoose cables to disable the deployment on SDD. Is it safe to do that without power support? Does that take long? In the DIY I couldnt find any info on how long it takes or if its safe to do without power support on the vehicle.
I would not write any modules, or do any updates without a power source attached. In many cases the SDD will tell you that the battery is too low to perform the operation if it is not attached to a charger. At any rate, ALWAYS attach it to a charger and maintain voltage while reading/writing to any of the modules. If it ever loses power while doing so, you will quickly see why it is recommended.

Good luck.
DC

Old 02-11-2023, 07:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you DC. I still dont understand why i am getting the wing error after 100mph eventhough the rods are cut, i hope through the DSS coding that it will stop.
I actually found a dealer that has the box but he is only selling it with the original wing which would be overkill to buy just for the motor replacement box.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:09 PM

Ok it has been a while since I installed the wing, but I still get the spoiler not available after 100mph.
The good news is, I found someone to source me the bypass unit that comes with the original spoilers. I did not try out coding the Spoiler function out since the original Midtronics PSC-550S is impossible to get here.
I can get a charging unit that can provide at 13.6V / 30A. Is it safe to plug that in and try to uncode the function with the SDD? I have done coding on previous cars of mine but never on a jaguar.
I would appreciate any help because I payed a ton of money for the Piecha wing and nobody told me beforehand that cutting the rods wouldnt be enough. I liked it better than the original wings though, so its my fault for picking that out I guess.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 960 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotR
Ok it has been a while since I installed the wing, but I still get the spoiler not available after 100mph.
The good news is, I found someone to source me the bypass unit that comes with the original spoilers. I did not try out coding the Spoiler function out since the original Midtronics PSC-550S is impossible to get here.
I can get a charging unit that can provide at 13.6V / 30A. Is it safe to plug that in and try to uncode the function with the SDD? I have done coding on previous cars of mine but never on a jaguar.
I would appreciate any help because I payed a ton of money for the Piecha wing and nobody told me beforehand that cutting the rods wouldnt be enough. I liked it better than the original wings though, so its my fault for picking that out I guess.
The module that replaces the motor unit is plug and play. No recoding is necessary. It emulates the spoiler function so the car thinks everything is A-OK.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:11 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,388 Posts

Personally, I’d be OK with the 30A charger to support the battery. I used a 20A charger while I flashed the VAP tune. Topping up the battery first would be smart, and not doing this if your battery is getting old would be wise.

Old 06-10-2023, 03:48 PM

Ok, the bad news is the guy that could provide me the module, told me he cant source it and it is uncertain when he could source it. The spoiler error limits the speed of the car, I am short of buying the complete original spoiler kit just for the stupid module. I cant find a solution for months now.

I ll put it on the charger and try my luck with the mongoose I have here.