General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Module Experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Module Experts

Hi has anyone used Module Experts in Jacksonville Florida ?? I have been working on a Friends 2005 X Type originally he went to the local Jag dealer because the voltage regulator was causing a parasitic drain on the battery the voltage regulator is part of of the ECM and yes he needed a new ECM cost 2K which I understand Module Experts said they could fix the problem rebuilt ECM 637.00 have had nothing but problems this the 3rd attempt to correct the problem and yes 3 months latter I have a car that doesn't run Gear Box Fault = no crank now cranks but doesn't start , had the instrament cluster reflashed as well as the key and yes I am a retired auto tech and used both of my Pro Autel and Launch scanners which are bidirectional can't find any problems , don't use them!!! any feedback would be helpful thanks Joe

Old 03-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by tailfin joe
Hi has anyone used Module Experts in Jacksonville Florida ?? I have been working on a Friends 2005 X Type originally he went to the local Jag dealer because the voltage regulator was causing a parasitic drain on the battery the voltage regulator is part of of the ECM and yes he needed a new ECM cost 2K which I understand Module Experts said they could fix the problem rebuilt ECM 637.00 have had nothing but problems this the 3rd attempt to correct the problem and yes 3 months latter I have a car that doesn't run Gear Box Fault = no crank now cranks but doesn't start , had the instrament cluster reflashed as well as the key and yes I am a retired auto tech and used both of my Pro Autel and Launch scanners which are bidirectional can't find any problems , don't use them!!! any feedback would be helpful thanks Joe
Joe, you need to find someone local that has access to legit SDD or IDS programming with a legit cable (VCM preferred) to sort out your issues.

PCM, TCM, PATS, etc. all need to find harmony and sync together or no dice. You can't simply replace a ECM and expect all the other modules to recognize it.

Just my $0.02

Old 03-10-2018, 06:44 AM

Your Right , but all my modules do line up , they said that they used a 3rd party to repair my ecm , I do have the capability of using my J2534 to reflash the modules but the problem lies in the software they used to repair ecm the moral of the story is"" the sweetness of low price is soon forgotten " I tried to save someone money just wondering who else has used Module Experts to repair there Jag and there feedback thanks Joe

Old 09-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Default Module experts

Really had a horrible experience dealing with those people. Told me the main chip was fried in my ecu and wanted $999.00 for a rebuilt one. Anybody knows if the main chip is fried the car won’t run. My jag ran just not good all the time

Old 09-26-2019, 11:22 PM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmorphis
Really had a horrible experience dealing with those people. Told me the main chip was fried in my ecu and wanted $999.00 for a rebuilt one. Anybody knows if the main chip is fried the car won’t run. My jag ran just not good all the time
You need to give more background and why you think it's your ECU

Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

Originally Posted by tailfin joe
..... they said that they used a 3rd party to repair my ecm .....
Sounds like you got the monkey when you needed to speak directly to the organ grinder.

Graham

Old 09-27-2019, 07:12 AM

I ended taking a chance and bought a used ecm from a local salvage yard , made sure all the numbers were the same as the original and my problems were solved !! and that was almost a year ago but I was out 600.00 plus all the agarvation I had to go through Don't USE Module Experts !!!!!!