General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Shop Manual for Win7-64bit Home version; no fuss, no muss! Sort of.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shop Manual for Win7-64bit Home version; no fuss, no muss! Sort of.

For those who's been having trouble installing the Jaguar Shop Manual on a 64bit machine with only Windows 7 Home edition, I've found a fully functional manual in a torrent file format on The Pirate Bay for download. I'd installed it onto my Lenovo 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium edition, and it works flawlessly. And for those who are worried about viruses, I've scanned both the downloaded files and my computer, and all is clean and good.

Here's what's needed:

1. First, you’ll need a torrent client program (if you don't already have one). I use Bit Torrent. It’s easy and simple to use. Go to: Download - BitTorrent - Delivering the World's Content and download the free version. Follow directions on how to install the torrent client.

NOTE: Many of these free programs comes with other free programs that they would like you to install. My advice is to ignore them, and make sure you deselect these when installing the main program - it's usually a good idea to read all the instructions along the way. The extra programs are just excess crap that you will most likely never need, so why gum up the works with them.

2. You'll also need a CD/DVD ISO (disk image) Burner program. I use a free software called BurnAware. Go to: Free Burning Software | DVD Copying Software - Burnaware and download the free version. Follow the instructions and install this program.

3. As for the shop manual: Go to: Download music, movies, games, software! The Pirate Bay - The galaxy's most resilient BitTorrent site Do a search for: "Jaguar XJ". It should return 6 torrents.

4. Chose: Jaguar manuals (XJS,XJ,XK,S-TYPE,X-TYPE) , and it will bring you to that torrent's screen.

5. Find and click: Get This Torrent (there's a little red magnet symbol next to it).

6. The Bit Torrent client program will open up and ask you if you want to download this torrent. Click yes, and make a note on where the files will be saved in your computer. Or, you can specify where to save your files beforehand by selecting the upper-left corner toolbar in Bit Torrent: Options >> Preferences >> Directories (on the left hand column), and define where you'd like to save your download in.

The file size is about 680MB, so it will take a little while to download. You can close the Bit Torrent client program - it will run in the background, and takes up a minor bit of system resources. Just go back in about 30 to 60 minutes (depending on your system and your internet connection speed) and check to see if it's finished downloading.

NOTE: As a courtesy to others, you might wish to "seed" the downloaded files so others can/may have access to them - these are "shared" files among peers, and someone else was nice enough to seed the files for you to access. The files are not stored on any particular computer. They are passed around by/from computers all over the world. To seed, all you need to do is leave the Bit Torrent program running in the background, usually for a couple of days. Then you can exit the Bit Torrent program, if you wish to do so. Or, you can just exit the Bit Torrent program once you're done. It's not mandatory to seed, but just a nice thing to do.

7. The completed download will be in an ISO (disk image) file format - the file name should be: jaguar_manual.iso.

8. You will need to burn the image onto a CD-R - that's where the BurnAware media burner software comes in handy.

9. Make a note on where the downloaded ISO file is on your computer. Open BurnAware (assuming that you've already installed this program). On the left side, three down, select the "Burn Image" icon. In the "Disk Image Path" box, click/use the "Browse" button and find the downloaded ISO file - this is where it comes in handy to make a note of where you've saved the file as per the above! Follow the instructions and burn the disk image (ISO file) onto a CD-R.

10. When finished, create a new folder on your desktop called "JagManual", or whatever you so chose to name it. as long as you can find it on your desktop.

11. Open the contents of the CD-R, and copy all the files into the folder you've just created on your desktop.

12. After copying all the files into the JagManual folder, open that folder and find the "setup.exe" program, and double click it.

13. Follow the installation instructions. At the end, click yes when asked to reboot your computer.

14. Now that the program is installed, for your convenience so you can access the program easier in the future, find the JTIS program in the Start menu's All Program section (under the folder "JTIS"). You can pin the program onto the Start Menu by right-clicking the JTIS program icon, and select "Pin to Start Menu". You can also place a shortcut icon on your desktop by doing the same thing, except select: Send To >> Desktop options.

Now you're done.

Enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
shayamanzi (02-24-2013)