General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Trouble connecting cellphone to Bluetooth In-car phone.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble connecting cellphone to Bluetooth In-car phone.

Using the Bluetooth In-car telephone handbook, I was able to successfully configure my Blackberry to make and receive calls. After the car was serviced, I was no longer able to use the in-car telephone system. I reconfigured the system and "SIG*" is displayed. My phone also indicates that it is paired with the car. When I make a call, I can hear the person but they cannot hear me. Can someone walk me through a fix for this issue?

NB. I tried using a HTC Inspire phone and the same thing happened.

Thanks

Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Free 2B Free
Using the Bluetooth In-car telephone handbook, I was able to successfully configure my Blackberry to make and receive calls. After the car was serviced, I was no longer able to use the in-car telephone system. I reconfigured the system and "SIG*" is displayed. My phone also indicates that it is paired with the car. When I make a call, I can hear the person but they cannot hear me. Can someone walk me through a fix for this issue?

NB. I tried using a HTC Inspire phone and the same thing happened.

Thanks
Model and Year?

The Bluetooth handbook with my car is generic so I'm assuming the basic Bluetooth setup is similar across the Jaguar range. Your pairing sequence to 'SIG' is the same as mine.

When you can hear the caller but they can't hear you and the same thing happens with a second phone, I'd consider a fault with the vehicle microphone.

Adjusting the volume during a call sets the call volume default and this is independent of subsequent audio volume setting. Perhaps they've been playing with the audio during the recent service and you need to reset call volume during a call.

Graham

Old 03-01-2012, 11:53 PM

Thanks
Car is a 2006 X-Type 3.0

How do I adjust the call volume?

Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 AM
GGG

Did you get the Jaguar Bluetooth In-Car Telephone Handbook (JJM 10 31 99 551) with the vehicle?

It covers X-Type, XJ and XK models showing the phone operation is pretty much standard across the vehicle range.

During a call, the phone volume can be adjusted with the audio panel volume control or the steering wheel switches.

Several on the XK section have had problems with pairing an alternate phone and clearing a previously paired phone. Disconnecting at the vehicle keypad rather than the phone using code '##3#*#' clears any stored pairing then allowing the default phone to be paired correctly. Only one phone can be paired with the vehicle at a time.

If you eliminate all the possibilities of pairing errors, have the in-call volume set high enough and callers still can't hear you, it has to be a microphone problem.

Graham

Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM

My In-Car Telephone Handbook is JJM 10 31 99 552. The instructions are easy to understand. Unfortunately a troubleshooting section is not included.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Default Bluetooth

i only just bought my 2005 XJ6 two weeks ago and I couldnt connect but after reading the manual i got it connected but was having the same problem as yourself with i could hear people but they couldnt hear me.

i started playing around with the buttons and i figured it out!!! one the left hand side of the steering wheel there is three buttons.

when then the person is on the other line and you can hear them, press the first button on the left handside on the steering wheel but only press it once. give it a few seconds then it should work.

i have now got a new problem if anyone can help. My telephone connects and works for around 1 or 2 calls then when you press the telephone button it says function not available. if I leave the car off for around 15mins or so it returns back to normal. When this happens, my iphone 4 says it is connected but the car shows that it isnt.

Can anyone help???

Sorry to take over your conversation too about your problem GGG!!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 PM
GGG

Originally Posted by Sukki
.............Sorry to take over your conversation too about your problem GGG!!!!
Sukki,

I don't have a problem - my Bluetooth works perfectly. However, I have to admit it did take some trial and error to get it that way!

I've moved your original post about the Bluetooth and mirror issues to the XJ (X350 & X358) section so you have a better chance of a faster response.

Please stick with that thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-mirror-75736/

and don't make multiple posts about the same issues.

Graham