General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Updated OEM Bluetooth Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Aix
Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomek
Originally I've 1x43-10d893-ah (no BT PSE) with working fibre system. If I change to newest"back box" only to do is connect to the harness ? (Of course I have BT antenna with fakra)
Hello Tomek,
the phone modules are connected into the fibre optic circuit, but that's why you exchange the old module with the vintage handset phone against the new BT module.
Originally the handset connects to the old phone module. After installation of the new module the cables going from the handset will just end dead and unconnected in the trunk, the new BT module has no sicket to plug them in. In my case I took the whole handset stuff out of the car.
Instead of the socket that accepts the cable coming from the handset in the old module, the new module has a different socket for a BT antenna, which will then be your "over the air" cable to the mobile phone.
Both modules have 2 more sockets for optic fibre and some general connection to the car. These are identical on both modules and have to be connected to the BT module the same as they have been before to the handset module. All plugs are foolproof and only fit where they belong.

The following users liked this post:
Tomek (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bingo

Originally Posted by Aix
Hello Tomek,
the phone modules are connected into the fibre optic circuit, but that's why you exchange the old module with the vintage handset phone against the new BT module.
Originally the handset connects to the old phone module. After installation of the new module the cables going from the handset will just end dead and unconnected in the trunk, the new BT module has no sicket to plug them in. In my case I took the whole handset stuff out of the car.
Instead of the socket that accepts the cable coming from the handset in the old module, the new module has a different socket for a BT antenna, which will then be your "over the air" cable to the mobile phone.
Both modules have 2 more sockets for optic fibre and some general connection to the car. These are identical on both modules and have to be connected to the BT module the same as they have been before to the handset module. All plugs are foolproof and only fit where they belong.
Installed and working. Thanks for help

Old 06-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Default Help! Upgrading Dad's Jag for Father's Day

Hello all, first post here. I'm trying to add bluetooth to my dad's '05 S-type as a late father's day gift. Been reading through the forums, specifically this thread, but still not 100% on what all I need to purchase and/or modify to get everything working. From what I can tell there is no VACM, but does have a cd changer and amp attached to the parcel shelf. No microphone in the headliner next to the light console. I removed the armrest pocket and found the phone connector. Not sure if this even matters if I go with the newer 7W93-10D893-AB module, but it looks to have 9 wires instead of 8 as other threads have said. I pulled the parcel shelf and found a large grey connector taped behind the sheet metal bracket, but it doesn't look like the grey connector shorted in the OP's photo. Other than that I only found what I believe is a fiber optic connector, but correct me if I'm wrong. Just hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as to whether his S-type is pre-wired correctly, and if there should be any additional connectors I need to find first. I've included pic below for reference.

Thanks for all the help!
J

Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Just a quick note to say I fitted the Bluetooth module 7W93-10D893-AB and it appears to work fine in my 2003 Jaguar XJ Super V8. Car got the Voice and External Microphone already which made it easier to upgrade,. Bluetooth antenna (a BMW type from ebay) fitted on rear parcel shelf through boot - found a perfect opening to slot the antenna into. Handset disconnected under central console (behind rear air outlet), may not be needed but better safe than sorry. Paired with my HTC One which is a few years old.

Got a communication error on the touch control screen so may have to use SDD if it comes back to see what is going on unless someone knows..

/Robert

Old 07-19-2019, 08:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi jjintn

Just a quick note to say you have the main connector (the one with a lever) which fits into the phone module. You need to fit the D2B optical fibre between the Audio Module (D2B Master) and the Amplifier assuming you have no other modules in the boot. and a Bluetooth antenna.

If you have more modules, the order is Audio Module (D2B Master) -> CD changer -> MOST Gateway (only for DAB) -> Phone -> Voice activation -> Rear ICE and TV controls -> Navigation -> the Amplifier -> back to the Audio Module.

Old 12-08-2020, 06:45 PM

With Google Maps or Waze is set to play sound as a Bluetooth phone call, does the Jag Bluetooth automatically answer the call or do you have to push the phone button on the wheel or console?