Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

How to Re-Stick my Flapping Fabric

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to Re-Stick my Flapping Fabric

I was reading posts about interior care and I thought about a little piece of fabric that's coming down by the back seat. Ok, not actually coming down- more like "flapping". It isn't on the ceiling of the car, but on the piece that comes down from the ceiling to the top of the "rear dashboard" (not sure what that's called). It's behind the passenger's window. I was thinking about applying fabric glue to the backside of it and smoothing it back in place. Is that what I should do? What kind of adhesive should I use? I wonder what Jaguar used in the first place. Thanks!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2004 is suffering from the same thing. Also a portion of the rear headliner flapping a bit. I bought some headliner adhesive spray at Walmart, 3M brand. On the drive home I thought about how messy that spray would be. So I tried it on my daughters blazer. It worked great. Then to the Jag. Worked great, just mask off at the windshield. I would recommend a practice time, and follow the instructions to a T.
But I didn't try it on the roof posts, I have 3 that have the fabric coming loose.
I would recommend taking that trim piece off. If someone out there can tell us how to remove them, without breaking the clips.
I don't think the spray would work well with them in place because you have to spray behind them.
I tried double faced carpet tape, it held for a couple of weeks.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok ye i know this