Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Single DIN Conversion,, Where ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Single DIN Conversion,, Where ???

Hey guys,
where can i find this conversion (plate), been looking high and low but no joy..

Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 PM

I did it on my 03 XKR, had to do it all custom because there is no kit.
Removed the hazard/seat heater button row and relocated it to inside the glove compartment. then cut the dash and mounted the double din radio. i covered the sides with a black plastic that I cut from something ( doesn't matter) then prdered the wood dash kit and covered the black. It looked great and gave my 2003 all the bells and whistles of the 2010....bluetooth/ nav/ DVD/ sat and HD radio/ backup cam/ and direct Ipod control. even got the Nav TV so I could see DVD on the original nav screen ( which was so out of date my current city was not even on the map!).
It took me a load of time but it was great. I should have taken pics but i traded it in for a new red XKR. I love it but it actually doesn't have the backup cam or the DVD or the I Pod control But I won't mess with the OEM in a new car ....YET lol

Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 AM

I wanted to get the double din OEM stero removed, and replaced with a decent flip screen or fold down mp3/dvd system.. im never in the car long enough to enjoy it though.. so eventually gave up on the idea and bought some cassettes from ebay lol..
Oh how i enjoyed pushing that dolby button and comparing the sound quality ... :-)

""Doesnt the hazard button have to be within arms reach , safety reasons?.. or maybe just the UK ?, OR Maybe im just talking complete rubbish !!!!""

In the middle of selling the jag just now , as the way things stand i cant afford to run and maintain it.. heres hoping i win the lottery or get free jag assistance for life..

Old 06-18-2010, 07:47 AM

Sorry to hear that your getting rid of your jag . I do understand that service for jags can be ungodly expensive which is why I traded my 03 in. However just for the sake of this string. The principle that I used to do my custom single to double din conversion should also work in the oposite direction. As long as you can brace the radio in with universal brackets you shoul be able to cover the remander of the space with some black plastic cut to size and glued in then cover it with cut out pieces from a wood dash kit.
PS. Wouldn't a universal double to single DIN kit fit ? Is the original piece that would be removed a non standard size?

Old 06-19-2010, 09:20 AM

Well the Jag is Gone, got myself a Renault Megane Sport Tourer, does 63mpg around town.. gives me time to save up for another Jag lol..

I bought a few cheap double din to single din conversion plates from a local car place, they were priced to clear so i bought 3.. one was from a Mazda 6, the others had no labels.. needless to say, they probably would have fitted after a bit of trimming, but i didnt fancy having a cut-n-shut dash board.. i even considered just making a blanking plate and cutting out the single din, and placing a jaguar badge underneath the stereo.. again, i didnt bother..

Now moving on to the Renault forum to ask about a double din plate for my new car, as its single din with a storage tray underneath.. will this ever end lmao...

Looking at those cheap chinese touchscreen ones just now on eBay.. around 100GBP secures a decent looking one...

Regards
Darren