AJ33S vs AJ34S: Are there significant differences besides VVT? - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Brand Review > Jaguar Engines & transmissions
Reload this Page >

AJ33S vs AJ34S: Are there significant differences besides VVT?

Notices
Jaguar Engines & transmissions Discuss performance / modifications / upgrades etc here..

AJ33S vs AJ34S: Are there significant differences besides VVT?

Old 12-18-2018, 11:32 PM
Default AJ33S vs AJ34S: Are there significant differences besides VVT?

I currently own a 2005 Jaguar S Type R and recently purchased an engine to replace the original one due to it having rod knock.

The engine I purchased is an AJ34S from a 2006 S type R. After doing some research, I found that the AJ34S has a different intake and has VVT (variable valve timing). The mechanic performing the work is concerned that the AJ34S will not work in my 2005 STR, however, I wanted to confirm that was the case.

If we were to connect a 2006 Engine Control Module to the AJ34s engine would the engine work in my 2005? I assume with the updated ECM, the variable valve timing functionality would be added and take care of any issue. Besides that, are there any other differences that could prevent the AJ34S from working?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:23 AM
Thanked 3,597 Times in 2,149 Posts

Exact same questions posted here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...es-vvt-211897/

Thread locked up, just use one thread when you have the same questions.